F/a Recall

yeah. where is this official? i have a few very anxious friends calling me from orlando with no power every hour asking if anything has been posted.

well I first saw it posted on the twa flight attendant website...not exactly official but usually right.

L1011Ret said:
It is official. 610 to be recalled Nov 17, three days training and report to base. LGA likely to get most.
[post="185196"][/post]​

I am really glad to hear that there is going to be another recall,but can someone
post the OFFICIAL out that we all could feel the happiness ?

Thank you

It is not official until the company and/or the APFA say it's official. It is now almost 1830 in Dallas and there is nothing on the APFA website or hotline. I am aware that some AA furloughees who are flying at AE have gotten e-mails from their managers telling them that they have been recalled, but...

On another BB, someone posted this morning that "It's Official..." However, that post has now been deleted. I guess we have to wait a little while longer.

Some posters want to know where the information about recalls came from that was posted on this BB last week. Right straight from the schoolhouse at DFW. TWA pilots attending training there were told last week about the recalls.

This morning APFA was notified that AA will recall 610 f/a's effective November 17th. The majority will go to LGA and then to BOS, DCA and what is left will go to STL. Packets were mailed out today on September 27, 2004.

Congratulations and welcome back to everyone! :up:

AA and APFA have yet to announce anything. I wonder why the hold up? The poor people this will affect must be on pins and needles..... Hang in there everyone!

The Fat lady Sang. Or rather Laurie Curtis did, it is on the website and all above info is accurate. Congratualtions guys and welcome back! BTW she mentioned on the hotline that international flying will increase substantially in December, anyone care to elaborate?

Posted: 9/28/2004 9:13:49 AM
Title: Flight Service to Recall Next 610 Furloughed Flight Attendants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Lauri Curtis and it's Tuesday, September 28.

I'd like to start today with some good news for our department.

I am very happy to announce that we will be recalling the next 610 flight attendants on the furlough list. A number of things are driving this recall including an increase in international and widebody flying slated for December. This increase means that we'll need 300 additional flight attendants over planned levels of staffing for November. In addition to this increase in flying, we've also continued to see some higher-than-planned attrition. In fact, for the last four months, attrition has been roughly twenty-two flight attendants per month above our forecast.

Based on these factors, and the fact that roughly one out of every four furloughed flight attendants who receive an offer of re-employment subsequently decline, we've settled on a total of 610 offers.

Here are the high-level details for what we've planned for the recall.

First, the effective date of the recall will be November 17.

The most junior flight attendant receiving an offer to return to American has a seniority number of 20121 and a new-hire class date of March 22, 2001.

Returning flight attendants will be recalled to four bases; Boston, New York's LaGuardia, St. Louis and Washington, D.C.

The recall letters to these next 610 flight attendants were mailed today. Under the terms of the AA/APFA Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), the Company must provide furloughed flight attendants with a return date not sooner than 21 days following the post-mark of the letter offering re-employment. And furloughees have 10 days from the post-mark on the letter to return in writing their acceptance or rejection of the recall. As has been the case in the past, we will clear the transfer lists to these four bases prior to assigning recalled flight attendants to their new bases.

Based on these requirements, we should have a clear picture of what kind of response we'll be looking at around the middle of October. We'll also be working closely with American Eagle since some of these flight attendants have accepted employment with them since their furlough date.

As you know, we made a similar recall of furloughed flight attendants last year around this time for similar reasons and I'm very energized by this opportunity to return more of our colleagues to the operation.

While we're looking ahead to November, I want to share some information with you about an inflight entertainment test we're planning. Beginning in November, we'll be running a test of personal entertainment devices (PEDs). The test will be aimed at assessing the usability of the devices, along with customer feedback on flights between Chicago and the West Coast.

As you know, we've been looking for a simple, economical IFE solution for some time that will enhance our customers' flights while creating a new revenue stream for the company. Many of our competitors already have build in entertainment systems, such as the one on our B777s. However, in view of the cost, we have to look at alternative solutions for our MD80 fleet.

During the test, devices will be distributed as an amenity in First Class and as a paid service for our customers in the Main Cabin. What's really great about these units is the fact that our customers will simply swipe their credit card in the Main Cabin to enable the unit and access a number of "on demand" entertainment options.

These devices will be pre-loaded with entertainment options that include movies, music, music videos, TV and animated-short programs displayed on an 8.4" screen. We also have the ability to expand the content to include newspapers, audio books and games.

I'm very excited about the potential these handheld units offer. Clearly, we'll be looking to see if this is a good solution for both our customers and American. What's really nice about this approach is the fact that we'll be able to measure and analyze the success of the devices very simply, since each device will be able to track the content our customers access and deliver clear information about what they prefer. We'll also be able to update content stored on the units' hard drives centrally using a network connection.

Our goal is definitely simple, easy-to-use inflight entertainment that delivers as many options as possible for our customers. So I'm hopeful that we'll hit the mark on this one and we'll definitely be interested in what you think about the devices as you're right there with the customer and you'll have a good handle on what they're saying about them. We'll be back with more information later, as we get closer to the test date.

Well, it's always nice to start the week with some good news and that's everything I have for today. Fly safely and I'll be back soon with another Update.

Take good care.

Missed it by 2 classess. Hoping for another round soon!
Congrats to all who are going back.

Congrats to all!

I look forward to having you all back on the line..We really need the help!

What Unity?

Latest posts