Hawaii In-flight Service on HP

When is the posted target date now?

Who knows?...but considering the lack of progress on a merged contract after nearly 2 1/2 years...it's clearly indicative that a completely merged US Airways is not happening anytime soon. Sherri Shamblin was telling f/a's only a few weeks ago that she thinks it'll be AT LEAST another year and a half before the workforce has been combined.

My impression is the company is trying to avoid negotiating until the next economic downturn...so they can back up their argument of not making meaningful positive changes to the labor contracts. After all, it's hard to argue improving labor contracts while the company is still profitable.

Yeah, but the jerks in Tempe have determined what the onboard service is. Original USAir had awesome service!
Right on!!!! A-West management are a bunch of idiots, they could care less about custmer service, read some of the remarks by our frequent flyers, taking out more first class seats to put more cramed coach seats in now were have more fuel stops to the west coast. That was a good idea. All TEMPE cares about are the pennys!!!!!! I rather go on United also.

Try Hawaiian Airlines from PHX to HNL/OGG. You won't want to fly anyone else to the islands!
Agreed.
We HP flight attendants have, for years, tried to improve several factors at our airline. Cleaning, catering, crew complement, etc.
Unfortunatly, these ideas have fallen on deaf ears. Money, of course, is the bottom line.
It would be lovely is our very wealthy corporate leaders cared about cleanliness, comfort, crew complement, and catering, but they don't. It simply is too expensive.

Legacy to LCC, Do you think cert merge is a big deal ? No its just paper, it means nothing if it happens June 1st.
We can keep seperate for years if needed. Get the pilots and fa's and everybody on the same payscale and be done with trying share metal.

Agreed.
We HP flight attendants have, for years, tried to improve several factors at our airline. Cleaning, catering, crew complement, etc.
Unfortunatly, these ideas have fallen on deaf ears. Money, of course, is the bottom line.
It would be lovely is our very wealthy corporate leaders cared about cleanliness, comfort, crew complement, and catering, but they don't. It simply is too expensive.

Keep trying. Money is the bottom line.

When the kids in the Sandbox sober up they will figure our CUSTOMERS are the ones lining their wallets.

Hope last call comes soon.

This is really a pathetic service.
The flight crews were awesome (for once) -- I've had some really bad & grumpy HP guys though -- flights were on time.
But the service was *lightyears* below Delta and United, especially for Hawai'i.
After takeoff, we got our drink service & snack mix. 20 minutes later Buy-On-Board. Then about an hour before landing another drink service (only the cup though).
On United, its full drink and food (at same time), water service *every hour* with drinks on request, then a full drink service about an hour before landing (and snack mix).

sky high states: Sheesh, IS THIS EVEN PROCEDURE? Even on a transcon you get a full beverage and buy on board service. headsets for the movie. a coffee and water service after the initial beverage service. then.....a 90 minute out service............why would this service be any different??????????

who's worked this flight???????? answers, please!

only stating opinions

sky high states: Sheesh, IS THIS EVEN PROCEDURE? Even on a transcon you get a full beverage and buy on board service. headsets for the movie. a coffee and water service after the initial beverage service. then.....a 90 minute out service............why would this service be any different??????????

who's worked this flight???????? answers, please!
only stating opinions

I have worked flights to all of our Hawaiian destinations. The product we have to serve/offer is comparable to what one would expect on say a Phoenix to Chicago or New York flight, just add another 3 or 4 hours of flying time. The product we have is grossly inadequate to that of any of our competitors in this market.

No Hawaiian themed drinks (Mai Tais, Blue Hawaiians), no Pineapple, no Macademia nuts, no Hawaiian music or boarding videos. Like someone mentioned earlier, only our crewmembers (myself included) that fly these routes often try to do what they can to add a Hawaiian ambiance to the flights with tropical aprons, leis, etc.

Many of our Flight Attendants that currently fly our Hawaii routes also worked PHX-HNL back in the early 90s when we flew 747s. Back then America West did it right and the service we offered to Honolulu was nothing short of spectacular. Back then we were given the tools and the product to provide a service to be proud of. The product that the Company provides today is embarassing and bare-bones.

I even suggested once that we should at least provide our First Class passengers on Hawaii flights with the same amenity kits that our Envoy passengers receive and was told that was not "cost-effective"! Give me a break! :rolleyes:

Many of our passengers are going to Hawaii for the first time. For some it is the trip they have planned for a lifetime. All I can say, is if you have saved your hard earned money for that long then you should spend it on an airline ticket from a carrier that will make the flight to Hawaii an enjoyable and pleasant experience that matches the beauty of the destination to which you are traveling. Hawaiian, United, Continental, Aloha, Delta, American and even American Trans Air all offer Hawaii-themed products on their Hawaiian flights.

The only thing that US Airways can provide is mediocre, domestic service on an old (often unreliable), minimum-staffed Boeing 757 with nothing special to add to the memory of your trip to Hawaii.

Latest posts