IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
DistrictForce,

Since you seem to know canale personally, would you ask him why does the us ramp have so many seniority dates? Why don't we go by DOH for everyone, and not just some? When you get the answer, please post it on here for all to see. Also ask him how are we supposed to one solid union when at his whim everyone is treated differently, when we should all be treated the same with the same opportunities for each across our US system?

Rogue
Your group certainly is unique but I would guess it is a result of many mergers and your majority vote that supports Randy's position.

Another question for you District Force. Why is Randy saying that the medical benefits are extended for 9 months when that's not true and it only applies to OJI's? Also, you mentioned up to 1,700 job losses soon after a United announcement [papers say it will now happen next tuesday]. Where do you see those job losses occuring? FWIW: 5 stations that are strong No's around LAX have to drive an hour to vote, same with some SFO area locals. Other small west stations that are yes votes are allowed to vote right in their breakroom. Can Randy do this?

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Tim,
Randy isn't doing anything in violation. I realize this may upset your hopeful outcome but many of these small stations didn't have anyone that stepped up and wanted to be tellers. That is not Randy's fault. I'm not sure of the events that have PHX voting in the breakrooms so I can't respond to that question that you asked earlier of me.

The medical only applies to those who are injured on the job. I think you might want to clarify this with your AGC because I haven't heard Randy or any AGC's say otherwise. I don't have the negotiations notes nor did I negotiate this contract but I do believe this is the right interpretation.

You asked about 1,700 job losses. I do not have the United Airline business plan but I would anticipate an announcement soon with the great majority of cuts coming from out west. I would also anticipate the United merger announcement by next Tuesday.
I know that sounds harsh but if this contract is voted down then there may not be any merger and your airline will not be able to stand alone. What then? 8,000 cuts that affect your east guys also? Tim, nobody has a job in chapter 7.
We must not only provide contracts that improve our members jobs but we must also have an eye towards the improving the balance sheet for those employers who put food on our members table.

A No vote will have a great risk of not only altering merger plans but also it will risk 8,000 households. United will have nothing to do with the west scope or the CIC so any No vote would risk ending any potential investors from investing in your company. What makes you think that United will be in shape to pay out $25 to fleet service? How long can any company survive paying that? Tim, you are a bright man and we have had some discussion of late but one thing I believe you know is that United will never agree to a merger if fleet service doesn't get rid of the CIC.

It is Randy's fault he could have the 60 day rule eliminated he could have protected the smaller cities. He chose not to and now is the time for him to pack his crap and get out. I dont see why our airline cant make it alone given that they have around 3 billion in cash and everyone knows that ol dougie is cost neutral. I believe that the company can make it alone. I also have heard from a few phl folks i know that if this POS contract is voted out the door and into the trash can where it belongs,they believe that the company will be back with some saying within 30 days because of a possible merger with UA. This POS TA is desgined strictly to get rid of as many US agents so that a merger with UA would be so much easier. But US fleet deserves the CIC why is it that all other labor groups can have it but not US Fleet??

Tim,
United will have nothing to do with the west scope or the CIC so any No vote would risk ending any potential investors from investing in your company. What makes you think that United will be in shape to pay out $25 to fleet service? How long can any company survive paying that? Tim, you are a bright man and we have had some discussion of late but one thing I believe you know is that United will never agree to a merger if fleet service doesn't get rid of the CIC.
Freebom are you listening.....there you have it. CIC is worth just what DF believes it is!

DF
It's not that we won't give it up but we wont give it up for peanuts. The east gave up in BK to get it in. Now at least the company should give back a little more than they are giving.

We shall see after tomorrow......Good luck to all..........

District Force,

Is Hemenway coming back? Why would he want to do traditional bargaining and not transtion which is more economical?
What is your take on the CIC? Freedom sez it is worthless, is he right? If ratified, will United be back before 2016? Freedom sez we will just 'rollover' to UA, I disagree, what is your take?

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
We can't force your company back but it does make economical sense for them to finish a transition and offer more if this contract is rejected. The alternative for them is to wait too long where we postpone negotiations since section 6 will be upon us. Once in section 6 we have much more leverage.

If you could guarantee me that a merger will still take place then I'd say vote no. But this agreement has everything to do with a merger and I believe that was a risk too high for Randy to take. There is a very real possibility that this merger doesn't happen if this contract gets turned down. Neither Randy or your company is going to spell this out for you but maybe that's why I've been posting. Don't think this merger is automatic Tim.

I have nothing to share about Freedom or his/her opinion. I think he has been helping you in making more no votes. For a good read on someone who is voting yes I'd direct the posters of this forum to
P Rez who is a yes voter and not divisive and seems to be a strong union man.

Your last question. The answer is definately no. United won't roll anyone over.

Does any one know why Vic Payne is in PHX? I heard PHX only has just 200 or so eligable voters since most are not in good standing with their local?

Does any one know why Vic Payne is in PHX? I heard PHX only has just 200 or so eligable voters since most are not in good standing with their local?

For all those who haven't been paying union dues, the outcome of this vote will rely on the rest of us. If this TA gets in then your so called raise will be to pay ur back dues....................

For all those who haven't been paying union dues, the outcome of this vote will rely on the rest of us. If this TA gets in then your so called raise will be to pay ur back dues....................
Thanks, not too many YES votes coming from PHX, and or NO votes.

How long will it take before we know the results of the vote? Friday night?

First off welcome to the site, also a welcome to ''goodfellow''.

You'll know by Thurs. evening how PHL voted. I'll assume CLT will also
let it be known how thier vote went.

Phx, I'm sorry to hear alot of you are not in good standing as far as dues. You
do deserve a say and its' good to know some of you read this (ta) for what it is and are
voting NO.

Thanks...........24hrs. and ticking.

why would they not be in good standing? the company has always been glad to yank dues from my check

why would they not be in good standing? the company has always been glad to yank dues from my check

It is up to each individual to make sure their dues are in order. The union knows about this as it has been mentioned many time before. It's sad if most

don't get their vote counted because of it. Yes or No we all should be heard.

Tim,

You asked about 1,700 job losses. I do not have the United Airline business plan but I would anticipate an announcement soon with the great majority of cuts coming from out west. I would also anticipate the United merger announcement by next Tuesday.
I know that sounds harsh but if this contract is voted down then there may not be any merger and your airline will not be able to stand alone. What then? 8,000 cuts that affect your east guys also? Tim, nobody has a job in chapter 7.
We must not only provide contracts that improve our members jobs but we must also have an eye towards the improving the balance sheet for those employers who put food on our members table.

I cant believe what I am reading. This guy is saying exactly what the east guys have been warning us about. We are being asked to give up the protections of our TWU contract and then accept that we then have to take the majority of the cuts! What the hell is happening to us? I never signed up for this. I need this job! Districtforce made the biggest pro no statement I've heard yet. Canaley wants us to merge with the east so that United can swallow us up and have the entire east coast they are lacking and get rid of their what they don't want of us in the west and all without a fight. That is the most predatory deal I have heard of in my life.

My sphincter hurts!

For quite awhile now it's been becoming clear that there might possibly NOT be a merger with UNITED and US AIRWAYS. The companies have to prove that these two airlines need, at all, to compete against Delta and Northwest, and the likes of American/BA competition.

So, that said, The vote tomorrow gives workers the ability to stand against the STALLING of leaders in congress lead by infighting of the Democrats vs Republicans. Today we listened to the televised congressional groups with the housing mortgage debate and they were all fighting!

This makes one wonder how long it would be before they can get the airline industry straight.

Maybe a YES vote is appropriate FOR NOW. Nothing will probably result for quite awhile and our fleet workers, East and definitely, West, need the consolation this TA gives for now.

It is definitely not at all what we deserve: But, until leaders in congress make up "OUR" minds we will reap the rewards we have been waiting for. "This time".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back