new uniform pieces

What kind of wings do you have? And do you only have one pair? I have at least seven pairs floating around and they all look great. You have to give them a quick polish with white toothpaste once a month or so to get the dirty grime off of them. Mine are really shiny.

I'm glad they let us at least keep the wings, I think they are the coolest of the US carriers. I wish the uniform still had the matching silver buttons, but again, far too classy which is not the image we are going for. It was probably cheaper to use our wings, they probably have a warehouse full of them from the lost generation of furloughed F/As.

Have others, but they are screw backs. They rip the hell out of your shirts.... :down:

Have others, but they are screw backs. They rip the hell out of your shirts.... :down:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have seen a lot of F/As that are screwing the things on backwards... that would most certainly tear your shirts. You are using them with the flat part against the fabric right?

I don't like that the new stuff has the logo sewn in and the wings... it doesn't look right.

Ok just looked at the skort in the catalog. I have to be honest here and say that it doesn't look THAT bad. I never thought I would say that but I have seen worse. It honestly looks like a skirt so I must ask, "If your gonna wear a skort/skirt what the hell is the difference"? I don't understand the concept any more than I understand guys that wear saggy shorts that hang to their ankles. Why not just wear pants. I have talked to two women that are DEFINITELY getting the skort like it's this big benefit. If you sit on the so called "Sharon Stone" seat like a dude then sure they'll see your susie. Having shorts under a skirt flap would feel like, well I was wearing shorts under a skirt. Though it doesn't really look like shorts unless you lift the flap it's still shorts. Weird. Now as for the Mock it's STILL a definite HELL NO from me. Right along with that Starship Enterprise Mock for the women. Can we say flattering? NOT! ! Oh the blazer for women? Is every woman that wears that thing going to look like Madonna in her Blond Ambition Tour? The area for your tata's looks quite pointy. Strike a pose. :lol:

I'm not too crazy about the casual jogging suits for men or women. I think they'll look out of place next to someone who decides to wear the whole formal suit get-up. It's representative of how confused our image is...are we low cost or full service?

I had a pair that did that as well. One of the first ones I had. You know how they "silver plate" things? I think it was a bad batch because mine started to fleck off after a few years. I for one am rather greatful Tempe didn't get to redesign the wings. I can only imagine.
Well, I couldn't help but jump in here......afterall, I am feeling a little giddy after 3 TA trips back-to-back. Team Tempe would probably consider reinstating the plastic "Kiddie Wings"in conjunction with a marketing sponsorship of Coca Cola, a cheesey rendition of the plastic stick-on type of wings US offered in the late 80's (yuck) or maybe some iron on patch to copy cat their idolized model airline SWA. But then again, Tempe is really proud of their whispy waves on the fuselage.

Got fitted today. Unimpressive, but painless. A word to the wise: when you go online to actually order the crap, you are asked to use your payroll number; what they don't tell you is that you have to use your NEW payroll number. I was on hold to Twin Hill for 20 minutes to find that out. The nice woman that I spoke with was just as irritated as I was. Seems that my phone call was like her 20th today dealing with the same question. So if you're an East employee and you've never used that number on your ID, now you will. Guess that was not worthy of a CBS message to all of us.

I have seen the new catalog of pieces for the f/a's. I had a "westie" (sorry) on my flight who was on the uniform committee in some capacity. She tossed her name but I forgot it or else I would have posted it. I posed a few questions to her regarding the pieces. I mentioned that our wings, not to be territorial, I don't know about west, are screw backed. She said we would be getting new wings that supposedly are a pin clasp. I was worried about pushing the wings through the shell sweater, etc and causing fraying.
Raincoat. I asked her about a half rain coat. I mentioned that the new raincoat is nice, however in PHL it can be 90 degrees and raining...who wears a full length raincoat? She told me I SWEAR TO GOD that I don't fly to rainy cities in the summer!!!! I asked her if she had any input on the cactification of our a/c and how we are to deal with coats in the winter WITH NO CLOSETS since she probably doesn't fly to cold weather either.
Names on wings. She wasn't sure. I told her that I wouldn't like my name on the wings. Yeah sure, people will jump on that, but if you want my name I will give it. It's not like you couldn't track me down via " coach f/a on flight XXX on Oct XXX PHL-XXX". But think who wears a name tag and how people react. "Hey.....Violet, how about a Coke..and Violet...how bout some blankets for my 'ho s. They cold.
As for the $$ allowance it seems sufficient. I won't commit til I try on stuff 2 see if I like it. Some items seem too casual, but if u can beat em, join em.
feel free 2 chime in.

Hi DELETED BY MODERATOR, MOD NOTE-USE OF A POSTER'S REAL NAME WITHOUT PERMISSION IS PROHIBITED

So unfourtunate that you are unable to remember a conversation that you took part in. Please do not continue to post incorrect information on this website. It is a diservice to all of US as flight attendants.

Less than 1/2 of what you posted is true bit oh well, FA's will believe what they want. You never asked me anything about closets so that was a lie. I understand that you do not want your name on your wings and I told you that names will only be put on the apron. You proceeded to tell me that you will put a "happy face" pin over your name so that no one will see it.

Anyway I just felt the need to "chime in" and we are happy to have you joining us.

Thanks

Hey robynita, you just broke the rules of the board in your attempt to "out" another poster, so your credibility is shot. You, my friend, are a diservice to F/As at US, and I'm going to guess it's your name that will now be remembered, with or without namey wings. Why don't you crawl back into whatever hole you climbed out of?

So unfourtunate that you are unable to remember a conversation that you took part in.

So unfortunate that you lead a miserable existence as a stepford wife on the west side drinking kool-ade and living a life in fear that you will be written up by your peers. Too bad, so sad you'll be dealing with ma and pa kettles because US East's best customers are fleeing from the likes of you. Be gone with you...shouldn't you be verifying someone's liquor count?