new uniform pieces

Word on the street is the fit line rollout was a total disaster in PHL. Anyone know details? Just got a note that nothing is going right and a big mess. Is this sytem wide or just in our lovely PHL base?

I don't think it even starts until noon today!!!!!

Just repeating what I got from the horses mouth. Take it for what it's worth. I think they were there all day yesterday and this morning trying to get things ready. Maybe the preplanning fell apart.

Something executed by Usairways that wasn't well thought out before implementing it? Oh stop the insanity. You MUST be wrong. :rolleyes: :lol:

You are correct. The West is getting new (our current) wings.

The East is not getting new ones. I don't understand that!!! Nice new uniform with ratty peeling wings!!!!

I still have my original wings and they look horrible up close. They are scratched and the shinny silver is peeling off.

Yes, I could get new ones on my own.....but I have the good ones with the pin.

As for names......they will be on our aprons and we should all switch aprons!!!!! :up:

Your wings are peeling?? Mine are made out of pewter and have tie tack backs. :huh:

The East is not getting new ones. I don't understand that!!! Nice new uniform with ratty peeling wings!!!!

I still have my original wings and they look horrible up close. They are scratched and the shinny silver is peeling off.

Yes, I could get new ones on my own.....but I have the good ones with the pin.

As for names......they will be on our aprons and we should all switch aprons!!!!! :up:
What's up with your wings?
Mine should last a hundred years. They haven't even tarnished.

I had a pair that did that as well. One of the first ones I had. You know how they "silver plate" things? I think it was a bad batch because mine started to fleck off after a few years. I for one am rather greatful Tempe didn't get to redesign the wings. I can only imagine.

Can you only imagine what they would have come up with? The thoughts. :blink: My first wings were great but lost them. My current wings though scratched still polish up nice with some spit and the back of your tie. Kidding. So Jan 28th it's IMPERATIVE that you have the new uniform on but can have old and busted wings? UmmmK. :rolleyes:

What kind of wings do you have? And do you only have one pair? I have at least seven pairs floating around and they all look great. You have to give them a quick polish with white toothpaste once a month or so to get the dirty grime off of them. Mine are really shiny.

I'm glad they let us at least keep the wings, I think they are the coolest of the US carriers. I wish the uniform still had the matching silver buttons, but again, far too classy which is not the image we are going for. It was probably cheaper to use our wings, they probably have a warehouse full of them from the lost generation of furloughed F/As.