Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
snapthis said:
Pi's daddy would be proud. His kid grew up to be an Usapian. :lol:
He would. Kicked ALPA to the curb and slammed the AWA scabs to the ground.
You guys will NOT be well received at APA. They know the AWA story.

Reactions: 1 person
Pi brat said:
You think I'm worried about either? Clueless.
You worried about losing "Cactus"?
For years the real airline pilots cringed at that call sign. Those who used it were scabs, lowest paid, pensionless losers who could not get hired anywhere else.

Reactions: 5 people
Kudos to everything you say... accept that damn paint job. :lol:

P.S.  The new cockpit fight will be over who is going to be the pilot monitoring... just to enjoy operating the radio..
That paint job is uglier that a hat full of azzholes!! The add where they have a poorly computer generated aircraft in the ugly paint job with people chanting in the background "ohh oohh" reminds me of the add where the Pharroh (sp?) finds out that somebody screwed up because the pyramids were actually supposed to be cubes.I haven't seen that add recently so perhaps they trashed it.

All the best,

Bob

Clueless as usual. AVL is miserable right now.

KAVL 130054Z 35022G27KT 10SM BKN037 M02/M10 A3035 RMK AO2 PK WND 35031/0000 SLP287 T10171100

Stick by the pool in the right seat.
Looks like a great day to sit in front of the fireplace with an adult beverage and watch the fire.

All the best,

Bob

When you spent part of your life living on a thoroughbred ranch, you learn how to build fences, kill snakes and drive a Ford 2000 by age 14.

Right Bob? Life on the farm....

I'm still trying to figure out why you have a Belarus. It's a long flight to Minsk to get parts.
Good question. 2 cylinder air cooled diesel with front end loader, 7 ft rear blade, 4 wheel drive, tilt steering wheel,air adjustable seat. It has a glow plug and I've had no problem starting down to about -5F. It runs on diesel, K1 kero, jet fuel, varsol or Yak fat...just don't try gas. The good part was the price of $10,500 delivered to the farm it 1991. The parts come from Milwaukee over night. I really don't miss the flying all that much but I miss the smell of jet fumes and "Crazy Ivan" takes care of that with a trip around the property!

Cheers,

Bob

Reactions: 3 people
767one said:
That paint job is uglier that a hat full of azzholes!! The add where they have a poorly computer generated aircraft in the ugly paint job with people chanting in the background "ohh oohh" reminds me of the add where the Pharroh (sp?) finds out that somebody screwed up because the pyramids were actually supposed to be cubes.I haven't seen that add recently so perhaps they trashed it.

All the best,

Bob

Ad is still going.  Saw it yesterday.  But the Old MacDonald at the spelling bee ad is much funnier.

767one said:
Good question. 2 cylinder air cooled diesel with front end loader, 7 ft rear blade, 4 wheel drive, tilt steering wheel,air adjustable seat. It has a glow plug and I've had no problem starting down to about -5F. It runs on diesel, K1 kero, jet fuel, varsol or Yak fat...just don't try gas. The good part was the price of $10,500 delivered to the farm it 1991. The parts come from Milwaukee over night. I really don't miss the flying all that much but I miss the smell of jet fumes and "Crazy Ivan" takes care of that with a trip around the property!

Cheers,

Bob

If you bought it in 1991 and it still runs, I'd say it's more reliable than a Yugo. Reading  through your post, I saw it ran on Yak farts put on the brakes, read it again and saw Yak Fat which creates another problem. Where do get Yak fat? Tibet, Nepal,Whole Foods?

Anyway, it seems like a reliable machine.

Agreed on the AA paint job. Needs work.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.