Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pi brat said:
Who cares? :lol:
snapthis said:
Sore loser? :lol:

Umm....nooo...I think he really just means "Who cares?" :) All concerned are now positioned to become part of the world's largest airline, with considerably improved pay and opportunities compared to the present circumstances. Seriously: WTF is "you'se" big problems with any of that today? Whatever the future holds inside any furshlugginer courtrooms....This is unquestionably a promising day for both east and west.

Not that it will be easy, but we're all better off. What's a usapa? Who gives a ****. I'm still a liitle stunned. And grateful.

Keroseneuser said:
Wow, this crowd is something else. I don't think you can find a single east pilot that will mourn the passing of USAPA in this merger, not even the BPR members.

For the east guys this is simply another merger in a string of many. I have watched the board today and have seen various posts from west people like the few I quoted above and find myself wondering how screwed up these people must be. You were hired with a third rate dirt-bag also ran that never paid a decent wage(AWA)....merged with what was once a top paid but down on it's luck has been that paid a dirt bag wage(USAIR) and now through the grace of good fortune which none of us had any say in, we are merging with a large down on it's luck carrier (AA) so that we are now employed by the worlds largest airline with a nice fat pay raise. Yet your first instinct is to come on here with posts like the ones above? What a bunch of whack jobs!

I think I speak for all east guys on here, we could give two sh&ts what letterhead is on the union mailings, we could care less what the call sign is or what paintjob is on the outside of the airplane. It has been months since I have even heard the east west issue brought up in the cockpit, with this AA merger going through even if some court does "shove the nic up our six" as one westie put it...in the grand scheme of things it will not affect me in the slightest, certainly not after enduring watching my airline shrink from close to 500 airplanes to the pathetic size we are today even when you include the west operation.

For me I see it as a giant step in recovering the very nice pay rates that we once enjoyed at this airline. But I guess that may be the difference between what the east guys actually care about and what the west guys THINK the east cares about. For most on the west this is the first time they have been involved with anything that could be considered a career carrier. AWA could never be classified as that and USAIR could not after it's misfortunes at the turn of the century. All of us just got a reprieve today from the mess that was our three airlines, AWA,US,and AA have all been granted a second chance to finish off our careers at a decent place barring any management disasters.

Are there going to be differences in the upcoming integration? Of course, there always are. Nothing new to the east guys or the AA guys. The AWA folks are the only ones that seem to see this normal process as some kind of holy war.

For all those normal folks east, west and at AA cheers to all this evening. For the crowd out there that has let their work turn them into a bitter hate consumed mess....well try not to kick your dog or your spouse in your rage infested life! :)
This is arguably the best and most succinct post I've ever seen on this site!

Slainte!

nycbusdriver said:

Like ANYBODY east of the Superstition Mountains gives a crap about it.

Pretty much...Not to assail anyone's incredibly inflated and entirely misplaced sense of self importance or anything...but sheesh! It looks like a good day to me. :)

lynyrdskynyrd said:
Not that it will be easy, but we're all better off. What's a usapa? Who gives a ####. I'm still a liitle stunned. And grateful.

Yep, and it seems a good time for all to be pleased. Let's finally afford ourselves at least some slight hope for better things to come for everyone. :)

Pi brat said:
Mama proud of you and the scabs on your knees?

At least I can read a METAR.
Well, I agree with you that your daddy's a$$ kissing three decades ago sure paid off! Handouts to the needy are ok, really.

Pi brat said:
What have I lost? Fill me in descendant of lowly southern mill workers.
Let's go with today's news, shall we?

Your union for one.

You think USAPA will be the bargaining agent at AA?

Two, the name US Airways.

:lol:

snapthis said:

Umm....Yeeeah....I can't even begin to imagine how many east souls will be utterly crushed by that...Seriously, I can't imagine how many....Hmm...Possibly as many as a dozen or so? :) I'm starting to honestly feel a bit sorry for your, res and pre's delusional states....It must be time to leave for now. ;)

May good things come to all concerned here. :)

prechilill said:
Well, I agree with you that your daddy's a$$ kissing three decades ago sure paid off! Handouts to the needy are ok, really.
Pi's daddy would be proud. His kid grew up to be an Usapian. :lol:

EastUS1 said:
Umm....Yeeeah....I can't even begin to imagine how many east souls will be utterly crushed by that...Seriously, I can't imagine how many....Hmm...Possibly as many as a dozen or so? :)
Just a minor flesh would.

None shall pass.

I get the picture...Black Knight

:)

snapthis said:
Let's go with today's news, shall we?
Your union for one.
You think USAPA will be the bargaining agent at AA?
:lol:
You think I'm worried about either? Clueless.

You worried about losing "Cactus"?

prechilill said:
He never kissed anyones. It was the other way around scared knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back