Scott Kirby Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herb's drink of choice is Wild Turkey. If there was a function were alcohol was served, there was Wild Turkey on the menu.
He was, and still is the only TRUE airline "MAVERICK", unlike the so-called current day successors that fall quite short of that mark.

Very simple explanation: Herb was a "Leader" that liked to drink, who was able to navigate his company to where it is today because he was a great leader, his employees believed in him and he treated them well. He exhibited true affection for those he worked with knowing they helped him realize his dream and ALWAYS rewarded them handsomely for doing so.

US Airways, on the other hand, we have the modern day corporate version of the "Emperor's new clothes" taking place in Tempe.

Our Emperor is a "Drinker" that thinks he is a leader - but to date is incapable of doing so and has failed miserably.

The "emperor" still thinks he is doing a great job, because his executives entourage keep telling him "what a great job he is doing" ( it's a good thing because their job depends on it).

Unlike Mr Kellerher, the Emperor exhibits total disdain for his employees and views them as expendable and all replaceable in the pursuit of realizing "his dream".

Guess what leader achieved success?
Well said. I also think Herb is a decent human being. Parker is not, more of a soulless piss ant.

Reactions: 1 person
When/if stuff like that happens, it is very important to have witnesses that won't back out at the end of the day. It also needs to be immediately reported (to a person such as the captain). I know sometimes we tolerate (or do not react) to inappropriate behavior, knowing that it was not right, but then it results in carrying the frustration over what happened for days on end. I had a similar situation with a fellow F/A who kept bumping his hand on my crotch. At first, I was in shock and didn't believe what just happened. I didn't dare to react. But during the course of the trip, it happened four more times. I still didn't react, wondering in disbelieve that it was happening. I never snapped back at him, but I was very distressed by it, so that upon landing on my final day, I finally reported it. I gotta tell ya, I was pretty upset at the end of the trip. The end result, though, was that it was dismissed by the investigators due to lack of proof. In retrospect, I should have just made a scene right when the assault/inappropriate touching was happening.

The company will never acknowledge such types of infractions, unless you actually have independent witnesses or a recording of it. The company will never admit to such impropriety from one of its executives, that's a given. If it was only one isolated shoving incident and a hostile introduction (as described in the AboutUS), it is hard to prove it and difficult to capture other instances as they happen just sporadically and unexpectedly.

I happen to NOT believe the company. I have seen Scott Kirby bluntly lying during crew news sessions. I showed up once to address his prior false statements he had made on that previous occasion with actual facts and numbers. This time though, Scott wasn't there. It was Doug and other VIPs. The reaction to me bringing up Scott's false statements was that "he didn't say it like that. He said it this and that way, instead." Doug then continued to go on damage control---Bullsh... twisting things even further, that it left me with no other option than to leave it like that for the moment. I then went back to my computer to watch the prior crew news session recording with Scott that I was discussing, and indeed, I was right, he had said it the way I said that he had said it - therefore, now Doug lied to get Scott out of his original lie. The guys are all scumbags, and yes Scott does come across like an arrogant prick. Touting his sunburn in one of his crew news sessions - I mean "really?" I never saw him as a decent guy. Just a manipulator and liar, with the COJONES to deceive a full audience, knowing that none of the AWA people will ever question his word. I guess nobody really dares to put him on the spot.

Reactions: 4 people
Several things I find interesting in this thread:

The "Apologists" for Tempe have delivered a rather lukewarm defense, pointing to the newsletter as their proof source, a publication whose content is controlled by the very people whose conduct is in question. I think of "About US" as a corporate version of Pravda. I'm reminded of Bill Clinton's comment "I did not have sex with that woman". Most of us remember that & how it turned out.

On several occasions the apologists have been asked specific and pointed question as to whether the flight was removed from Cat Crew? To date we have nothing but crickets. WHY? Is silence an indicator of guilt?

To me a classic indicator that somewhere beneath all of the smoke there is fire is when the apologists, failing to squash the rumor resort to attacking the person asking the questions. This is very typical of modern politics as well.

The really sad part is this. If US Airways Senior Management had some Credibility, coupled with a reputation for dealing with their Employees & Customers honestly and fairly then this thread would have had about half a page instead of the 8 and counting.

I'm just uncomfortable with this whole thing. Several people have commented on Mr Kirby's unbridled arrogance and room sized ego. Those comments dovetail with information I've received which sadly also supports the rumors of his womanizing. Quick story, Seated in First prior to the Res Migration I start BSing with the person next to me, Well turned out he knew of FFOCUS and we exchanged cards. Turns out he was a VP with a company that did/does a lot of business with US and the conversation got around to Parker & Kirby as the merger wasn't that old. What you have to keep in mind is I've known this person for 10 minutes and he has everything to lose and nothing to gain in commenting on Parker & Kirby. So I asked his impression of the two and the person kinda liked Doug as someone to "have a beer with". Scott Kirby OTOH got absolutely lambasted. Comment went something like "WATCH HIM, he's one arrogant, egomaniac prick". There were several other adjectives in that sentence all of which would put me in the cornfield. The fact that a total stranger who did business with these guys would say that to another total stranger always stuck with me.

I really would like to know exactly what happened! One of the reasons we will likely never know is the F/A's are in negotiations now and I'm thinking this thing, whatever it is will be covered up until such time as the contract is done.

Reactions: 3 people
'SparrowHawk'

Or do the America West way, if they say it was so, then it must be true. Just alone from watching Scott on his Crew News Sessions, I couldn't believe the lies that would come out of his mouth and the fact that not one single person dared to stop his BS.

Especially when the Sessions are held in Phoenix, one F/A or Pilot would ask a question about something that didn't ad up, and then who ever the exec would be that day, he'd just pull something out of his a..., and the employees reaction there after would be "ahhh.. ok." This happened so many times that I just started comparing the statements with actual facts.

I finally got to go and tried to confront him about the BS that he pulled about why they were furloughing on the west and not the east, but he wasn't there. Scott had mentioned in the prior meeting that there was just too high of an attrition at the east, more so than in Phoenix, which justified furloughing nobody on the east. Well, I pulled the lists of employees seniorities that existed the previous six months and the ones from the latest month. Phoenix had a bigger attrition than the whole east, due to the amount of firings in the west. As mentioned before, Doug and other executives then had the nerve to say that he had never said that it was due to high attrition on the east. Going back one more time to the old CNS, indeed that is what Scott had said.

I wanted to bring it up again on a subsequent session but I never got around to it.

Although, I posted it on AFA66, no-one ever dared to address it any further.

Ah the Tempe way goes something like this:

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!!!

Golly Sgt Carter You mean we shouldn't believe General Parker?

I never said that Pyle, One more word from you about this and you'll be swimming in Lav juice. Hope you like the color blue!

Yes Sir Sgt Carter Sir!

Reactions: 2 people

I never said that Pyle, One more word from you about this and you'll be swimming in Lav juice. Hope you like the color blue!

Yes Sir Sgt Carter Sir!
Do you guys really think Parker and Kirby and the board of directors give a care about your trumped up slander on this board? Desperation abounds in the East. Desperation.

USAPA = Extortion, Blackmail, Slander. (Desperation, Impotence, Dishonor)

Yes Sir Sgt Carter Sir!

That's nice....got any proof there?

Typical...

That's nice....got any proof there?

Typical...

I have exactly the same level of proof that you do that it didn't happen. The word of CEO with no credibility with Employees or Customers hardly constitutes proof. OJ said he didn't kill Nicole and Ron Goldman, jury agreed. Do you believe it? To me Doug and OJ have the same level of credibility and veracity. NONE!! Get it Got it? Great.

Now enjoy the rest of your evening.

Reactions: 2 people
I have exactly the same level of proof that you do that it didn't happen. The word of CEO with no credibility with Employees or Customers hardly constitutes proof. OJ said he didn't kill Nicole and Ron Goldman, jury agreed. Do you believe it? To me Doug and OJ have the same level of credibility and veracity. NONE!! Get it Got it? Great.

Now enjoy the rest of your evening.

This coming from a jaded little man with no credibility at all. Go roost in your nest little sparrow.

Reactions: 6 people
Yet still nobody has refuted the claim that the flight info was removed from CATCREW. That only happens with serious incidents.

I know! how interesting! it gives one gives one pause.

Or as they say in Newfoundland, "You know it pauses I to ponder why no one has refuted the cat crew thing"

Where are all the Tempe "Apoligista's"? You know if they could prove that the flight was still in Cat Crew they would. So let's hear. SHOW US, what are you hiding Mr Parker?

Nothing to hide prove us wrong. I've a fork at the ready to eat my fat slice of humble pie if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.