Scott Kirby Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the thread title could be changed to reflect that something happened on a flight involving a US executive. Nobody has refuted the claim that the CATCREW info has been removed, and that kind of thing only happens with serious incidents, correct?

I do have to wonder about the situation of reporting a disruptive PAX. Do not the Operations Specifications spell out the paperwork that needs to be filed? The question now in my mind is what may have been circumvented by Corporate Security.

exactly, and when this management team is talking they usually are not telling the truth, are trying to stretch the truth or trying to shape your views.

Reactions: 1 person
Mighty Mouth will save the day!

You have a creepy and unhealthy obsession.

Did you read AboutUS yet? It explains what happened. Or do you just love to fan the flames?

[Removed]

What the Newsletter does is deliver the official Corporate Line. That's the purpose of a newsletter. I happen to know several of the writers of the publication and they are fine people. Clearly Mr Kirby was NOT fired and right now there is no credible evidence that supports his termination. Trust me I've looked. :D

I'm also uncomfortable with the tenor of this thread and perhaps I played a part in that.

Sadly what this boils down to is this, "Does Doug Parker have any credibility to the reader? Is he truthful? Honest? Trustworthy?" Different readers have different answers to those questions. To me personally the answers to the above questions are a resounding "NO!" for multiple reasons, same with Kirby. I've been consistent in this view since the Res Migration.

The above two gentlemen have NO CREDIBILITY with me personally. So when I read an explanation/statement from Parker ir Kirby, I work backwards from the assumption that they're lying. I apply the very simple legal standard of "False in one, False in all" in evaluating the veracity of the statements. I believe that Parker and Kirby have failed to be truthful to the employees and customers on numerous occasions. So I choose not to believe them now.

I remain unconvinced that we know the whole truth. I'm also pretty convinced that the incident was not nearly as bad as the information I received but NOT as inconsequential as is made out in the public statement.

Reactions: 3 people
As opposed to being merely a creep like you!

What the Newsletter does is deliver the official Corporate Line. That's the purpose of a newsletter. I happen to know several of the writers of the publication and they are fine people. Clearly Mr Kirby was NOT fired and right now there is no credible evidence that supports his termination. Trust me I've looked. :D

I'm also uncomfortable with the tenor of this thread and perhaps I played a part in that.

Sadly what this boils down to is this, "Does Doug Parker have any credibility to the reader? Is he truthful? Honest? Trustworthy?" Different readers have different answers to those questions. To me personally the answers to the above questions are a resounding "NO!" for multiple reasons, same with Kirby. I've been consistent in this view since the Res Migration.

The above two gentlemen have NO CREDIBILITY with me personally. So when I read an explanation/statement from Parker ir Kirby, I work backwards from the assumption that they're lying. I apply the very simple legal standard of "False in one, False in all" in evaluating the veracity of the statements. I believe that Parker and Kirby have failed to be truthful to the employees and customers on numerous occasions. So I choose not to believe them now.

I remain unconvinced that we know the whole truth. I'm also pretty convinced that the incident was not nearly as bad as the information I received but NOT as inconsequential as is made out in the public statement.

Got any proof yet? Focus on the rumor you are fanning. Did you read AboutUS yet? LOL

You have offered no proof other than repeating a rumor, and you are using stupid statements like "Corporate Line"

Biased to the point you can't reasonably think. Why don't you call Corporate Communications tomorrow, they will drop EVERYTHING to speak to such an important person like you who hides behind 2 screen names. :lol:

But, keep defaming....don't ever let a fact get in the way of your jihad.

See a doctor, unhealthy obsessions are not good for you.

Reactions: 5 people
Got any proof yet? Focus on the rumor you are fanning. Did you read AboutUS yet? LOL

No and Yes. Still lots of smoke not much if any fire.

You have offered no proof other than repeating a rumor, and you are using stupid statements like "Corporate Line"

RE:Corporate line. Did Andrew Weiner, Bill Clinton, Richard Nixon & Lord knows how many others involved in scandals come immediately forward screaming mea culpa? Why do Corporations have Corporate Communications departments? To manage the public perception of their organization and executives. So if it's all the same I'm withholding judgement because frankly I honestly don't know who to believe. I'm hopeful that by mid week this will all come out in the wash. I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong if I am, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. You act like I'm wrong for raising the question and I've been questioning authority since the Viet Nam War. I'm not planning on changing in this lifetime.

Biased to the point you can't reasonably think. Why don't you call Corporate Communications tomorrow, they will drop EVERYTHING to speak to such an important person like you who hides behind 2 screen names. :lol:

I've explained the two screen names ad nausem. A screen name that hasn't been used since Oct 2009, an internet lifetime. Frankly I wouldn't bother with Corporate Communication unless I was calling for comment prior to an article being published. I have a reporter lined up if credible evidence appears. For the record, there is NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT ANY PORTION OF THE RUMOR at this time.

But, keep defaming....don't ever let a fact get in the way of your jihad.

It's only defamation if it's not true and right now all we have is a statement by a convicted drunk and known liar. So I'm going to wait a few more days and see what transpires.

See a doctor, unhealthy obsessions are not good for you.

Going through life with blinders on is equally unhealthy. Ask the 600 at Nuremberg who "Just followed Orders" how that turned out for them.

Reactions: 2 people
Going through life with blinders on is equally unhealthy. Ask the 600 at Nuremberg who "Just followed Orders" how that turned out for them.

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 (100%)."[3][2] In other words, Godwin put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis. Godwin's Law

You are predictable as the sunrise, and as pompous as ever. Good luck on your witch hunt sparky. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 people
So is Kirby a drunkard like his boss, Drunken Doug Parker? No surprise there.

They seem to have a problem with firewater at HP, er, I mean US. It's a pervasive corporate culture problem in Tempe. And some losers still think Parker and his team would be tapped to lead a combined AA/US.

So is Kirby a drunkard like his boss, Drunken Doug Parker? No surprise there.

They seem to have a problem with firewater at HP, er, I mean US. It's a pervasive corporate culture problem in Tempe. And some losers still think Parker and his team would be tapped to lead a combined AA/US.

We're not getting any good information frankly. I've heard some things about Kirby that are not appropriate to disclose as I only have one source to support it. CallawayGolf alluded to it in one of his lengthy posts.

This rumor with the MAN-PHL flight won't go away however. It's like Obama's birth certificate! I do know that one F/A stated "It never happened" While another who complained said it did.

I will say this. Regardless of what transpired, true or not I think going forward US should prohibit their executives about a certain rank from consumption of alcohol. It's a good way to lead by example and IMO should be in the morals clauses of their contracts.

I will say this. Regardless of what transpired, true or not I think going forward US should prohibit their executives about a certain rank from consumption of alcohol. It's a good way to lead by example and IMO should be in the morals clauses of their contracts.

I disagree. I expect people of legal drinking age to imbibe responsibly, and if their actions under the influence cause problems, that's simply an indication that their professional advancement should be curtailed. I don't see the need for a MADD-style zero tolerance policy that aims for the lowest common denominator.

You know, there was a guy named Herb that ran a successful operation with a healthy corporate culture, and he also had a reputation for a fondness for Jack Daniels. Oddly, alcohol seems to be the only thing the frat boys in Tempe have in common with him.

I disagree. I expect people of legal drinking age to imbibe responsibly, and if their actions under the influence cause problems, that's simply an indication that their professional advancement should be curtailed. I don't see the need for a MADD-style zero tolerance policy that aims for the lowest common denominator.

You know, there was a guy named Herb that ran a successful operation with a healthy corporate culture, and he also had a reputation for a fondness for Jack Daniels. Oddly, alcohol seems to be the only thing the frat boys in Tempe have in common with him.
I especially like the last sentence...

Well your point is valid and yes Herb did/does enjoy his Jack Daniels.

My argument is this. If you are an executive of US Airways on a US Airways flight you are IMO "On Duty" and ergo should not be drinking "on The Job" as you represent US to both the flight crew and the customers.

I think the answer lies in would the executive be considered "On Duty". If yes? no booze. I

Herb's drink of choice is Wild Turkey. If there was a function were alcohol was served, there was Wild Turkey on the menu.
He was, and still is the only TRUE airline "MAVERICK", unlike the so-called current day successors that fall quite short of that mark.

Very simple explanation: Herb was a "Leader" that liked to drink, who was able to navigate his company to where it is today because he was a great leader, his employees believed in him and he treated them well. He exhibited true affection for those he worked with knowing they helped him realize his dream and ALWAYS rewarded them handsomely for doing so.

US Airways, on the other hand, we have the modern day corporate version of the "Emperor's new clothes" taking place in Tempe.

Our Emperor is a "Drinker" that thinks he is a leader - but to date is incapable of doing so and has failed miserably.

The "emperor" still thinks he is doing a great job, because his executives entourage keep telling him "what a great job he is doing" ( it's a good thing because their job depends on it).

Unlike Mr Kellerher, the Emperor exhibits total disdain for his employees and views them as expendable and all replaceable in the pursuit of realizing "his dream".

Guess what leader achieved success?

Reactions: 6 people
I served as an executive with a regional airline for a while, and one thing that I remember (and even passed on to my replacement when my contract ended) was that "when you are out in public, people are always watching you... and every movement/word said can be taken as an official statement from our airline" and "you are *always* on the clock.. we never get days off, just days away from the office".

I believe I was told by the pass bureau manager for our "legacy airline" codeshare partner that she even recommended I not consume alcohol since I'm flying positive space and in first class (I had mentioned a drunken/disorderly event @ our airline to her and how it was a non-rev).

So one would think that just because I was a "director" that a "ceo" or "president' should also abide by that common sense.

to this day, I don't like to drink on a plane if I'm a non-rev...

I was going to avoid commenting on something for which maybe a complete fabrication and not become involved in the salacious details of some event which an investigation has not been made public.

I will say that I think drinking is NEVER a good idea around co-workers and employees regardless of the event or circumstances, and this includes flying on planes (business or pleasure), holidays parties, employee softball games or after work socializing with co-workers. Some thing goes bad from a cross word, sexual harassment, or physical altercation, the element of booze becomes a factor, and it does not matter if the alleged event happened away from the work place or at the work place, either way, the person is a representative of the organization interacting with other employees.

Want to be a jerk while drinking, then just don't do it with other co-workers or employees.

So Advises Jester.

Herb's drink of choice is Wild Turkey. If there was a function were alcohol was served, there was Wild Turkey on the menu.
He was, and still is the only TRUE airline "MAVERICK", unlike the so-called current day successors that fall quite short of that mark.

Very simple explanation: Herb was a "Leader" that liked to drink, who was able to navigate his company to where it is today because he was a great leader, his employees believed in him and he treated them well. He exhibited true affection for those he worked with knowing they helped him realize his dream and ALWAYS rewarded them handsomely for doing so.

US Airways, on the other hand, we have the modern day corporate version of the "Emperor's new clothes" taking place in Tempe.

Our Emperor is a "Drinker" that thinks he is a leader - but to date is incapable of doing so and has failed miserably.

The "emperor" still thinks he is doing a great job, because his executives entourage keep telling him "what a great job he is doing" ( it's a good thing because their job depends on it).

Unlike Mr Kellerher, the Emperor exhibits total disdain for his employees and views them as expendable and all replaceable in the pursuit of realizing "his dream".

Guess what leader achieved success?

Very well said....

Status
Not open for further replies.