This Whole Thing Is So Blown Out Of Preportion!

usfliboi

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
This whole mess is nothing but postering. In the last day alpa has already backed down and said we would prefer not to discuss in stead of we are not discussing. It appears some on here love a good gossip and love fanning the flames. Its sad all your doing is lowering yourself or in most cases injuring an already hurt airline. Bronner can say what ever he wants to as far as im concerned ITS HIS MONEY!!!!! We need to all chill learn the facts and if no facts then dont make them up. 99.9% of the crap on here is speculation ! Thats it. With the exception of articles and interviews, and even those are taken out of context, nothing is firm here. Why dont we all grow up base our chat on facts not rumor or speculation. I would think the least it would do is keep blood pressures down. In the end the company and unions will work this out no doubt. They both have to there is no choice here.

January 8, 2004

This is MEC Chairman Bill Pollock with a US Airways MEC update for Thursday, January 8th, with one new item.

Reports in the media today suggested that US Airways management is producing policy as a result of employees refusing to give more concessions. Management’s message is sterile and continues to display their lack vision toward managing our airline.

The Company has not approached the Association regarding the selling of assets nor have they disclosed a “revised business planâ€￾. It is our hope that their plan, if one is presented to the Association, utilizes the resources already provided to them with the billions of dollars of concessions from the pilots and other employee groups.

Despite these distracting reports attributed to anonymous sources, the pilots and other employees of US Airways must continue to focus on their extraordinary work performance under such rigid circumstances. You are to be commended for your professionalism reflected in the November 2003 Department of Transportation (DOT) Air Travel Consumer Report issued this month, which reflects excellence on the performance of US Airways’ employees. The product that you produce, as US Airways, is ranked in the top four for best on-time performance for the month of November out of 18 ranked airlines.

I urge you to continue producing excellence despite our circumstances and the daily distractions. I also want you to know that the Air Line Pilots Association will continue to pursue the goal of achieving success at US Airways.

Whats also a disappointment is that I havent seen anything official from DR Bronner or Dave mentioning how well the company is doing operationally speaking while they are crying about the rest of the stuff in the headlines (Pit/New Plan/Selloff, etc). I saw the blip on TheHub and in USDaily, but nothing else that I am aware of that the general public can see. Nothing on the website unless I missed it. This should be something that is HEADLINE news on the website. 20 days last year without a mainline cancellation , excellent OT numbers and baggage numbers during the holiday season with heavy loads. This is what needs to be "leaked" from CCY in droves instead of the current garbage.

just in the past 2 days actually US released it rankings on us today

usfliboi said:
just in the past 2 days actually US released it rankings on us today
US Daily? or something else. If its US Daily, thats mainly an inhouse communication tool and doesnt really get the word out to the traveling public who need to know we are (currently) still in business and doing well from an operations standpoint overall. (Few glitches notwithstanding.)

:down: The unions did nothing for me but cause me to be unemployed and before
unemployment they lied to me.

28yearsnojob said:
So then the company provided you with all your wages and benefits with NO help from the unions. The unions were a waste of dues because what you were given while working the company provided out of the kindness of their heart. If you were in management having a union on the property did nothing for you because again, your wages were not based on what the union personnel received.

Sorry, but I believe you are a little paranoid and delusional. But that's ok, the company provides help free of charge, and again, this is without union influence.

For the ones that don’t get it….above is satire.

28yearsnojob said:
Just curious what department you were in. 28 years and gone? Or 28 years and didnt want to move or work Express? There is a difference between not taking an option and not having one.

It seems now based on charlotte observer article, the company is backing away from its threats and unions are wanting to talk. Points to what i said in another thread. This is all postering plain and simple. Both more than likely will work it out . In the end there is no other choice.

The public is WELL aware of this fiasco, especially in the three hubs. People are booking away and already referring to US in the past tense. How are they going to work that out?

As much as we would all like to see US survive, you can not continue to lose money at the rate this company has been losing it.

From the observer article above "US Airways, which has its largest hub in Charlotte, has lost $4.5 billion since 2001." Folks that is BILLION with a capital B. I'm not sure but I think it has been years since they turned a profit. Maybe some one here knows for sure. How long can this continue?

Unless this company changes its fundamental cost structure, it will not, can not survive. The employees (and this is not slam at them as I think they are the best in the business) have been living in a world for many years that was overpaying them for the amount of work they did; compared to the industry. US has had the highest cost per mile for as long as I can remember. The gravy train has now run off the tracks.

Whether this is posturing or not, the facts remain that the cost have to change. For anyone not willing to accept this basic economic fact is continuing to delude themselves. If the cost don't change there will be no US and I do not believe it will see the end of the year. :(

And for those out there who think they should increase revenue, that opportunity passed in the last few days. Just look at the press and how many articles have said be careful of booking US. Just look at flyertalk and look at how may are now looking to leave, or get comped to other airlines. Revenue from this point decreases and will not turn around with fare sales or bonuses.

All the press this has received is terrible for bookings. People are booking
or thinking about their summer travel plans in January and if I were to
be booking a vacation would I select US Airways, heck no! I work hard
for the little vacation I get and if there is even the hint that maybe my
plans would be ruined by booking with a certain carrier I would pay
more to assure my trip on another carrier.

Why is it we NEVER have any positive press. I have never in my life
seen such a travesty as what has been going on the past 5 years. I
think twice when people ask me who I work for because they just look
back at you and sigh, "I wish you the best" or they go on to tell me about
the rude experience at the airport and how their FA sat in the last row or
jumpseat and read the paper instead of attending to the customers needs.

I pray this can be reversed, I truly do. This is the best industry in the world
to work in, it's exciting, flexible and rarely boring (although I could do without
the current excitement".

Fighting this out in the press is an embarrassment and both the company and
the unions are guilty of this. It serves NO purpose but to further erode the
confidence of our customers, which by the way seem to be the forgotten
part of this equation.

We have one last chance to make this work and I pray we have learned
from the past airlines failures and turn the tide. Get this ship back in order
to give us the leverage we need to solidify our careers.

;)

Light Years said:
I read on another website that several corporations have put US Airways on thier "no-fly list" permanently as of this week. They should just shut it down tomorrow.
That's crazy. First off, no one books business travel months and months in advance. Maybe 21 days, but that's usually the max time. Plus, as long as you pay with a major credit card, you're covered. No one I know is overreacting. In fact, many business passengers on my flight home yesterday totally "got" that most of the negative press was posturing to labor.

Latest posts

Back