Thanks For The Sick Out

US1YFARE said:
and it is the clients who pay the bills.
[post="234875"][/post]​
Maybe the clients at your place of business are still paying the bills. At USAir many employees are having troubles making adjustments to their budgets for the third or fourth time. Try smiling at complaining customers all day after three years of that.

US1YFARE said:
Now, come on, that guy who sells egg sandwiches in the B concourse is pretty darn nice.
[post="234878"][/post]​

Well, the 'yokes on me' since I am not an egg salad type person. :p Anyway, yes, there are nice people in PHL. But flying in and out of the airport on a regular basis I commend the agents for putting up with what they have to put up with day in and day out. I truly wish I had a better impression of the place. And, believe me I've tried. Many of my family members live in the area and they agree with me; it's a rude place, but they manage to put up with it. Suffice it to say, that's general opinion of most folks in the area.

US1YFARE said:
The robot comment above is such an easy retort but is really meaningless. when you are in a customer service job, you are there to give good customer service--that's the way it works. If I treated my clients poorly because my managers treat me terribly, I wouldn't have clients anymore--and once you lose those clients, it is very very difficult to get them back--and it is the clients who pay the bills.
[post="234875"][/post]​
I agree, and why you need robots, because you think like a robot.

EyeInTheSky said:
Well, the 'yokes on me' since I am not an egg salad type person. :p Anyway, yes, there are nice people in PHL. But flying in and out of the airport on a regular basis I commend the agents for putting up with what they have to put up with day in and day out. I truly wish I had a better impression of the place. And, believe me I've tried. Many of my family members live in the area and they agree with me; it's a rude place, but they manage to put up with it. Suffice it to say, that's general opinion of most folks in the area.
[post="234887"][/post]​
I live in center city philly and would have to agree it's not the most friendly place but it sure has alot to offer. PM me if you ever want a guided tour.

DCD said:
Maybe the clients at your place of business are still paying the bills. At USAir many employees are having troubles making adjustments to their budgets for the third or fourth time. Try smiling at complaining customers all day after three years of that.
[post="234886"][/post]​

I'm not saying it isn't hard, and believe me, I can only imagine some of the people they deal with daily. However, I have seen gate agents treat customers rudely and only smile at employees--that is not right--the customer is not the enemy, especially when they only approach the counter and ask for a receipt or if they are the upgrade list because usairways.com wasn't working properly. Do you know how many times a gate agent has rolled her eyes for those simple questions?

US1YFARE said:
Well, we certainly don't fly US because of management--it's all because of the frontline people. Poor customer service gives us no reason to fly the airline. If management hasn't had that hammered through their heads, then they should start the auction now.

PB, you said in another post that PHL workers are not as nice (I am paraphrasing so forgive me) as CLT or PIT workers because they are so understaffed. THat may be true, but why take that out on the customer? Treating the customer terribly is not going to change the situation and it is not going to get you a lot of sympathy from the customer. That's the problem--customers may think they know what is going on, but we don't know the whole story--all we see is someone who is miserable with their job and isn't very pleasant to deal with at the gate or ticket counter.
[post="234857"][/post]​

US1,

You have me confused with another poster.

There is no way that CLT and PIT are nicer or meaner than PHL folks.

The PHL staff works harder, with less staffing and with more traffic/volume than any other base.

I salute them, sir.

US1YFARE said:
I'm not saying it isn't hard, and believe me, I can only imagine some of the people they deal with daily. However, I have seen gate agents treat customers rudely and only smile at employees--that is not right--the customer is not the enemy, especially when they only approach the counter and ask for a receipt or if they are the upgrade list because usairways.com wasn't working properly. Do you know how many times a gate agent has rolled her eyes for those simple questions?
[post="234894"][/post]​
Yes, I've had it happen to me while trying to use my mostly useless flying privileges as well as at any other place of business that mistreats their employees.

PITbull said:

[post="234895"][/post]​

That's because you are an employee and you are not treated like the customers are treated. Ask your customers what they think about PHL employees compared to CLT employees.

PITbull said:

The PHL staff works harder, with less staffing and with more traffic/volume than any other base.

I salute them, sir.
[post="234895"][/post]​

I will pay more....and have at times paid a premium....to avoid flying out of or connecting through Philadelphia. This isn't a new movie, either. It goes back as far as my business travel does. In my years as a preferred DM member, (9 now), Philly has been at the root of nearly every non-positive call I have ever made to Consumer Affairs. I'll take CLT first, then PIT, then other airline options.......then Philly.

take every sick day yo have because i got the company screw left with 180 days on the books and not even a thankyou. thats 36000.00

shinbal said:
I will pay more....and have at times paid a premium....to avoid flying out of or connecting through Philadelphia. This isn't a new movie, either. It goes back as far as my business travel does. In my years as a preferred DM member, (9 now), Philly has been at the root of nearly every non-positive call I have ever made to Consumer Affairs. I'll take CLT first, then PIT, then other airline options.......then Philly.
[post="234904"][/post]​

Hmm interesting isn't it? Welcome to the world of the USAirways employee in PHL! That is exactly the frustration level that each and every one of them have too! Nothing ever gets accomplished to fix the problem that is PHL....staffing, lack of equipment, too much volume, mandatory O/T, ATC delays, weather, etc..... <_< FIX PHL!