This Whole Thing Is So Blown Out Of Preportion!

It may be crazy but it's happening. Companies do this all the time- they grow tired of worrying whether or not a service will be provided. Most people do not sit on usaviation.com all day analyzing and speculating on US Airways. They skim the business pages, and the words "bankrupcy", "major loss", "labor unrest", and now "asset sale" and "possible liquidation" are the the ones associated with US Airways.

FWIW, the labor unions talk to the press just as much as management. Both groups should stop if this is really a concern. Also, let's remember mainstream press HAS referenced sites like this, so all the bickering and posturing posts here also don't help the cause.

USFlyer said:
FWIW, the labor unions talk to the press just as much as management. Both groups should stop if this is really a concern. Also, let's remember mainstream press HAS referenced sites like this, so all the bickering and posturing posts here also don't help the cause.
Tuff!

repeet said:
By comparing the publically available unionized pay rates at US Airways, and its competitors, one can surmize that it's not the unionized groups that are causing inflated labor costs.

When's the next round of executive bonuses due?
Repeat,

Management is entitled to bonuses year end 2004 for personal performance reviews. Has nothing to do with company performance.

I am looking to see an announcment of NO bonuses at the end of 2004 and 2005 at least.

WE shall we what they are willing to do.

Boy am I glad Pitbull doesn't really represent the US f/a's as she/he is so immature! (Since he/she denies being anyone in power in the union and we know he/she doesn't lie!)

PSA1979 said:
Boy am I glad Pitbull doesn't really represent the US f/a's as she/he is so immature! (Since he/she denies being anyone in power in the union and we know he/she doesn't lie!)
Yup PSA, very lucky for you indeed, and for all the USAirways f/as that I am no one in the AFA union. Cause if I was......GeeZus!

:cop: Please return to the original topic or this thread will be closed if the personal attacks and insults continue. A few posters might need a 3 day vacation in the cornfield. Bill has already pinned the "warning to all" thread.

Thanks.

PSA1979 said:
PSA, you crack me up!!!

Very funny indeed.

I'm looking forward to the next AFA election...

Todd B said:
:cop: Please return to the original topic or this thread will be closed if the personal attacks and insults continue. A few posters might need a 3 day vacation in the cornfield. Bill has already pinned the "warning to all" thread.

Thanks.
Hey Todd, if i start a topic called "personal attacks and insults on board users" will that be ok?

Bob,

That is why I wrote "I read on another website". I dont have any details. If I did I would post them here, you know that. No, I dont believe everything I read on airline forum websites (if I did I'd be wondering why we havent bought UAL yet, lol). The fact that its been commented on leads me to believe that this has happened. People on your FlyerTalk have declared that they are "quitting", only booking through UA etc. I believe them too.

Someday, someone will write a book, or at least a thesis, about the posturing going on at U.

Best of luck to all at U.

Anyone read the book "Hard Landing"? Its a great read detailing the history of the airlines up to Eastern and Pan Ams demise etc. In fact the last chapter has Steven Wolf leaving UAL to become CEO of USAir, with the author predicting a name and livery change and then a sale! Time for a sequel.

I feel like Oprah, Light Years Book Club.

Latest posts

Back