US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain why the company has lied to employees over the Customs Seals requirement ?

I am told that the company kept telling & putting in workbrain that the seals are a CBP requirement. The other day one of the employees ask a Customs officer about this. His response was "It is not a CBP requirement, it is USAIRWAYS making you all get these seals & if they tell you otherwise they are not telling the truth".

Based on that appears mamagement has not told the employees the truth AGAIN. IMO Charlotte management should at best apologise.
Harry, the deal with the seals in clt is kind of two sided. Customs use to only require that anyone working an outbound intl flt was required to be sealed. Then they changed the requirment that everyone working an inbound or outbound flt is required to be sealed. So then the company said it was impossible to keep everyone on D-con, since they have so many of these smaller jets going and coming from intl destinations in Canada.So while it is true that customs didnt require everyone to be sealed, they did change the rule, of which us.airways had to apply it. So both parties are blaming the other. But its kind of both of their doing. As far as most other intl airports, from my understanding, they have intl terminals to keep all their intl flts and sealed people in one area. We in clt dont really have that. Hope that answers your question.

Harry, the deal with the seals in clt is kind of two sided. Customs use to only require that anyone working an outbound intl flt was required to be sealed. Then they changed the requirment that everyone working an inbound or outbound flt is required to be sealed. So then the company said it was impossible to keep everyone on D-con, since they have so many of these smaller jets going and coming from intl destinations in Canada.So while it is true that customs didnt require everyone to be sealed, they did change the rule, of which us.airways had to apply it. So both parties are blaming the other. But its kind of both of their doing. As far as most other intl airports, from my understanding, they have intl terminals to keep all their intl flts and sealed people in one area. We in clt dont really have that. Hope that answers your question.

I’m with yahh on this one... Mr. Brown...

Both sides pointin' their fingers at each other... looks like ahh Mexican stand-off!

CB
Now see this sounds logical and actually makes sense. Why couldn't management have told us the truth instead of blowing smoke up our a**?

Roa
It looks like all our rowdy friends are here tonight except O-man. He's probably lurking around anonymously.

CB
Now see this sounds logical and actually makes sense. Why couldn't management have told us the truth instead of blowing smoke up our a**?
Now Joe, does it really suprise you they didnt tell us. The truth is, probably over half of the shift managers dont even know. They are such puppets, they just do what their told, with no questions.

Now Joe, does it really suprise you they didnt tell us. The truth is, probably over half of the shift managers dont even know. They are such puppets, they just do what their told, with no questions.

Naw not really a suprise but I had to ask anyway.

Has anyone heard how the aribitration case went today on the insurance? I believe they were scheduled to go back into the arbitrator today.

CB

Ahhh... tha truth ‘n management is wuch yahh cawl ahh oxymoron!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back