Who is in the lead for union representation for M&R @ the new American Airlines?

The IAM National Pension Fund is a separate entity from the IAMAW Union. While the National Pension Plan is funded by contributing employers, it was created for the sole benefit of IAM members who have negotiated the plan into their collective bargaining agreements.

The IAM National Pension Fund is a separate entity from the IAMAW Union. While the National Pension Plan is funded by contributing employers, it was created for the sole benefit of IAM members who have negotiated the plan into their collective bargaining agreements.
So when you vote out the IAM, you still get your money?
I know that my 401k and profit sharing accounts are fully funded already and my money is there.

IAM...really? Did you not read 787 Nightmare's post on what the IAM does to AMTs at Boeing? What part of that don't you get? Haven't you had enough of industrial unions using the licensed A&Ps as bargaining chips. The A&P mechanic gets his pay and benefits watered down to bring up the pay of the unskilled. There is nothing made up, the facts speak for themselves.

The logical choice for accountable, good AMT representation is AMFA.

Right here^^
Had 'em at NWA as well..........YOU DO NOT WANT THE IAM REPRESENTING YOU GUYS AT AMERICAN. Period.
Or IBT(surely the TWscrew isn't even in the equation). Only one choice guys! AMFA

No more industrial unions or unelected unaccountable leaders. THE TWU MUST GO
The only way out of this mess is to vote for the AMFA ! ! ! !

I know that my 401k and profit sharing accounts are fully funded already and my money is there.

Got to admit I'd rather have a 9.3% match on a $100k salary than a DB based on a $70k salary.

Packing away at least $20k a year more plus the extra $30k (less the $10k) in salary is a no brainer. Certainly blows away a 5.5% match on $70k.

Yes you still get what your years of service earned if you were already vested under the IAM Natinal Pension Fund. Mostly all the usair mechanics are vested unless your a new hire with less than 5 years. At the end of 2103 I will have 5 years and 8 months and my monthly accrual will be at approx. $450 a month for life when I retire and only going to continue to grow. Compare that to my PBGC pension for 16 years and that is only around $1165 a month. Currently under the US IAM contract the company puts in $2.00 an hour for all mechanics which turns into an $85 per year multiplier. A .40 per hour increase and our pension is up to $100 per year multiplier. For the US and AA guys pushing teamsters, that $2.00 per hour contribution gets you less than $50.00 a month in the teamsters pension plan. The teamsters have 1 fund that is good and about 12 others that the govt. is ready to take control of for being underfunded below federal standards. I would rather stay IAM, but we at US are the minority so anybody but the teamsters!!

Currently under the US IAM contract the company puts in $2.00 an hour for all mechanics which turns into an $85 per year multiplier.

At $45/hr a 9.3% multiplier comes out to $4.18 an hour, when they work OT it comes out to $6.28.

How does that $2/hr look now?

Plus since they are making at least $10/hr more they could pack that away as well (up to the limits for 401k).

At $45/hr a 9.3% multiplier comes out to $4.18 an hour, when they work OT it comes out to $6.28.

How does that $2/hr look now?

Plus since they are making at least $10/hr more they could pack that away as well (up to the limits for 401k).

I have no arguement there, was just saying we keep what we earn and showing what we get now. Our eyes are all wide open but like I said we are the minority, so may just be along for the ride. I do know one thing, I've been around long enough that I have my ride ticket!

Back