Who is in the lead for union representation for M&R @ the new American Airlines?

With the decidededly pro company twu, you guys dont expect some shenanigans by the twu and aa to conspire in some legal form to keep twu in power at aa,....I'm sure with proper lawyering and legal support of aa, I could see some loop holes popping up.,.... the twu is the best thing that ever happened to aa in labor negotiations.

Not this time around. We are ready. We learned our lesson from the last filing how corrupt the TWU with the help of the company and the NMB can be.
It is going to happen this time and a election will go forward.

It's nice to have a dream,

But, Amfa lacks the cards and they are dropping off everyday and TWU Membes are not resigning.

In Solidarity,

CIO

The AMFA never said that they had the cards. That was your friends from the reamsters. So if the cards are dropping off,when did the AMFA card drive start? Here you spreading your lies just like underspeed. You know as well as I do that the cards are good for 1 Year and the drive is months short of 1 year,so there is no reason to resign cards. Sounds like CIO is a little nervous that he and his wife will be loosing there cushy position within the 514.

If I'm reading you right I respectfully dissagree, although admitting to the same limitations you cited. I would think that if a challenge is filed at any time they could vote. We see this in mergeers with Non-union workers trying to get a union before they are merged with Union workers. Would the NMB force any group of workers to continue to be represented by an organization, even if its in the middle of the process, if the people expressed they did not have faith in the organization? NWA mechanics Filed in the middle of negotitations. UAL filed twice in the middle of BK.

IIRC back in 2003 the court pretty much took the position that the Union can do as it pleases with the contract because the members can always remove the union as their representative if they do not like it.

Bob,
With respect to a filing between the IAM and the TWU for the merger between LCC and AMR, I think I am on point: prior to a finding of single carrier status between the prospective airlines each hold a duty to represent their respective contractual work groups.

With respect to a potential filing internally to AMR for representation of any workgroup; you are entirely correct: at any time that the NMB finds a sufficient showing of interest for a vote to change representation, then they, the NMB will schedule a representational vote to determine that outcome.

While the TWU and the IAM could agree to any exchange of representation between the workgroups they currently represent without a membership vote: the TWU, given their choice to fragment the M&R between contractual work units, would be hard pressed to explain to the Courts how their choices for reorganization advance the interests of all of the seven contractual groups the TWU International bears a duty to represent.

In my opinion, remember that I'm a wrench not a labor attorney, what the TWU International has said they are going to do actually prevents them from dispensing any one contractual group to the IAM because they have made a decision to preserve the viability of individual locals through a diaspora of the TWU represented M&R and the elimination of, "Self Determination," despite the fact that the TWU has also claimed that with and through the use of, "Separate Negotiations," the TWU was able to negotiate a better outcome for any Union faced with an Airline in Bankruptcy Negotiations.

Again, in my opinion, it would be problematic for the TWU to have claimed that while the most successfull BK negotiations between an airline and a union was produced by a process they created is now so cumbersome that the only contract group at the bottom of Total Value with respect to their peer group must be dismembered. The TWU M&R must be dismembered so that the object of improving the wages, hours of work and working conditions can only be realized through a process that cannot produce those results given that those that will negotiate, at some future date, will now also be encumbered with the duty to negotiate on behalf of not just the M&R but also the predominate numbers outside of the M&R for whom they also hold the same duty.

To me, it is obvious that the TWU has undone, "Self Determination," so that they can hold onto the M&R as long as possible in order to extract the maximum dues for the minimum of representation for as long as possible.

It's nice to have a dream,

But, Amfa lacks the cards and they are dropping off everyday and TWU Membes are not resigning.

In Solidarity,

CIO

Really? And you know this how? Please enlighten us.

Really? And you know this how? Please enlighten us.

I see CIO is joining in with OS and Anomaly. What a joke man. They still have 3 months before a year has past. This just proves, yet again, that he is lying... I too know it will happen this time around no matter what the company and company union throws at you guys. Still can't wait, 2013 will be a good year, good luck to you all!!

Personally, I can not fathom why a change in unions has not already occurred given the egregious treatment from the twu. But then again, the UAL M&R voted in the reamsters...
Oh Well...
Good Luck to all you guys N' gals!

Take Care,
B) xUT

Personally, I can not fathom why a change in unions has not already occurred given the egregious treatment from the twu. But then again, the UAL M&R voted in the reamsters...
Oh Well...
Good Luck to all you guys N' gals!

Take Care,
B) xUT

X2.......................unbelieveable.

700UW

Are you still here, pushing that scab union, they crossed a picket line. The IAM screwed the continental employees, and the TWA employees, and the United employees all three lost many employees, pensions and a lot more and you want us to believe that the IAM is the best thing since sliced bread. Tilton/Lorenzo/Ichan all three of these guys beat the IAM. You can't dispute that. CAL is now Teamsters, United is now Teamsters, and TWA is GONE. How many IAM employees did TWA loose, or destroy?

It works well for the ramp and stores employees, but NOT for aircraft maintenance.
It even works at Boeing and other places but in the airline biz the IAM will soon be gone. If we merge with USAir we will out vote the class and craft employees at USAir and they will be what the AA mechanics want to be. Thats just a Fact.

American Airlines mechanics don't want to listen to any of your Bull, we don't want an industrial union whether it be the IAM/IBT/TWU. A craft union is what we want.

AMFA at AA

"It even works at Boeing..."

Argueable to say the least.....we AMTs are outnumbered big time here Boeing(in fact the feds forced Boeings hand to hire AMTs on the flight line back in about 07/08-until then the Co just upgraded those from the factory that wished to move outside to grade 9 line mech-no lic req'd).
UPS, FX & WN AMTs all make more(a lot more) than us at Boeing. And that's totally inexcusable by any measure. BCA isn't a struggling carrier. They make a lot of money and could easily pay us $50/hr. But why should they when they don't get pressured at the negotiating table? It's simply a glaring example of how the IAM looks out for the masses interests rather than those that shoulder FAR more responsibility than the unskilled. Perfect example?...the o/head/mobile factory crane operators make more than the licensed AMTs at Boeing. We also top out only a couple bucks/hr more than grade 08 (unlic)-thanks to a paltry $1.12 for BOTH!
There ya have it.................

As FWAAA stated........the AA mechanics will get just what they deserve if they vote in another industrial union to "represent" them.
Which, one would think they've had all the beatings they can handle....

Now, with that...enter 700UDub for the BS rebuttal............lemme guess, "elitists", right?
pffttt....ok.

"It even works at Boeing..."

Argueable to say the least.....we AMTs are outnumbered big time here Boeing(in fact the feds forced Boeings hand to hire AMTs on the flight line back in about 07/08-until then the Co just upgraded those from the factory that wished to move outside to grade 9 line mech-no lic req'd).
UPS, FX & WN AMTs all make more(a lot more) than us at Boeing. And that's totally inexcusable by any measure. BCA isn't a struggling carrier. They make a lot of money and could easily pay us $50/hr. But why should they when they don't get pressured at the negotiating table? It's simply a glaring example of how the IAM looks out for the masses interests rather than those that shoulder FAR more responsibility than the unskilled. Perfect example?...the o/head/mobile factory crane operators make more than the licensed AMTs at Boeing. We also top out only a couple bucks/hr more than grade 08 (unlic)-thanks to a paltry $1.12 for BOTH!
There ya have it.................

As FWAAA stated........the AA mechanics will get just what they deserve if they vote in another industrial union to "represent" them.
Which, one would think they've had all the beatings they can handle....

Now, with that...enter 700UDub for the BS rebuttal............lemme guess, "elitists", right?
pffttt....ok.

Well shoot. Maybe the IAM is not working out very well at Boeing. Shoot again, start an AMFA crad drive my friend... Carry on.

Not a chance my man..........like I said, the AMTs here are vastly outnumbered, and the rest of the production people are compensated pretty well for what they do.

In my 22 years as a mechanic I have had IAM Teamsters TWU and IAM again. The IAM is the better of the 3 evils. I never had AMFA but I'm willing to try. Change is Good. AA AMT's are in the driver seat, Please Vote in IAM or AMFA.

Not a chance my man..........like I said, the AMTs here are vastly outnumbered, and the rest of the production people are compensated pretty well for what they do.

IAM...really? Did you not read 787 Nightmare's post on what the IAM does to AMTs at Boeing? What part of that don't you get? Haven't you had enough of industrial unions using the licensed A&Ps as bargaining chips. The A&P mechanic gets his pay and benefits watered down to bring up the pay of the unskilled. There is nothing made up, the facts speak for themselves.

The logical choice for accountable, good AMT representation is AMFA.

Back