Who is in the lead for union representation for M&R @ the new American Airlines?

Dream on!! Not going to happen!!!

In Solidarity,

CIO

Hey don,

How that dinner go with your hand pick sellouts? Get enough "quality" tools to run for office at the new 591?

You mention dreams? Like the one where the twu will remain representing AMTs at AA? Like the one where the twu is democratic? Or the one where you actually feel like a man by selling out the membership and then coming on this forum and hiding behind an alias while defending the twu's concessionary history?

Steven Tyler says it best: "Dream on! Dream on! Dream on till your dream comes true!"

Go AMFA!

Dream on!! Not going to happen!!!

In Solidarity,

CIO

That's funny, that's the same thing the teamsters were saying here at SWA for just 2 weeks. Then POOF!! It was all over with. AMFA will have their day of an election at AA.

Back to the topic. I'm a US tech in PHX and I'm interested in knowing what's going on with the card drives at AA. How close are you guys to forcing a vote? Are there any confirmed numbers of who's winning? We have the IBT card drive over here and we are very close to having enough cards to send to the NMB. I would rather have AMFA personally even though I have helped with the IBT drive. I want to IAM out!! Thx for any info on this.

How long will the TWU have to stall on the voting process?
If AMFA doesn't file soon, then at what point will the US air guys have to be included in the representation vote?
If that happens, I don't see AMFA winning that vote with votes split between AMFA, TWU, IBT and IAM.

Until the DOT or whatever agency declares AA/USAir a single carrier status we are still a separate company as if no merger took place. This can take a while. My guess anywhere from 8 months to 18 months. There will be a filing well before this happens.
TWU stalling the vote? Explain please.

Once AMFA files and wins representation at AA the TWU is OUT!
AMFA and the members at this point will be involved in controlling our future.
Hopefully the USAir guys will see that AMFA is the only choice and get away from the IAM/IBT and TWU lies and deceitful ways.

How long will the TWU have to stall on the voting process?
If AMFA doesn't file soon, then at what point will the US air guys have to be included in the representation vote?
If that happens, I don't see AMFA winning that vote with votes split between AMFA, TWU, IBT and IAM.
We're both wrenches, not labor experts, but I'll give you my opinion on why we should continue to get every available card at AA and not panick file before we know we ARE READY.

I do not think a representational vote can be held prior to a finding of a single carrier by the NMB.

In my opinion, the AA APA front end of the aircraft will control the finding of a single carrier, and the representational issues, pending cessation of hostilities between East and West at LCC. The rest will be tail wagging from the dog, not the other end around.

Back to the topic. I'm a US tech in PHX and I'm interested in knowing what's going on with the card drives at AA. How close are you guys to forcing a vote? Are there any confirmed numbers of who's winning? We have the IBT card drive over here and we are very close to having enough cards to send to the NMB. I would rather have AMFA personally even though I have helped with the IBT drive. I want to IAM out!! Thx for any info on this.

I was told that AMFA has over the 50% needed to file for a representational election. AMFA is just getting extra cards to help seal the deal. Do you guys at US not know what the teamsters are doing at AA?? You guys are really having a teamster card drive?? The teamsters were caught red handed at SWA and Cal (prior to merger w/UAL) nego "behind closed door deals" with the companies. They were also caught up in all their lies about garrenteeing that they will re-open contracts, they will get a pensions for UAL members, they will bring all outsourced work back in house. All these lies and garrentees were proven wrong. Trust me you guys do not want the teamsters at US, if anything keep the IAM. I cannot say anything negative or positive about the IAM as I have never been represented by them. However the teamsters are a bunch of crooks working out deals with the company without membership input what-so-ever, increased our dues, and just wanting the dues to spread amoungst the international officers huge payrates just like the TWU & IAM. If anything stay with the IAM until after the merger. Once AMFA gets in at AA, then you guys will, more than likely, become AMFA just due to the mere mechanic ratio between the two companies. Good luck...

We're both wrenches, not labor experts, but I'll give you my opinion

I do not think a representational vote can be held prior to a finding of a single carrier by the NMB.

If I'm reading you right I respectfully dissagree, although admitting to the same limitations you cited. I would think that if a challenge is filed at any time they could vote. We see this in mergeers with Non-union workers trying to get a union before they are merged with Union workers. Would the NMB force any group of workers to continue to be represented by an organization, even if its in the middle of the process, if the people expressed they did not have faith in the organization? NWA mechanics Filed in the middle of negotitations. UAL filed twice in the middle of BK.

IIRC back in 2003 the court pretty much took the position that the Union can do as it pleases with the contract because the members can always remove the union as their representative if they do not like it.

Padding or objecting to the list of eligible voters or pulling any other shenanigans to try to stretch it out and run out the clock.
All trying to get US air guys included in the vote.

At some point it will have to be determined who will represent the combined group.

Once Amfa files the clock stops. If the twu tries to stretch it it won't matter. It is from the day you file. Forget about the usair guys. Until a Single carrier status is declared we are separate. This won't happen for many months. My guess is at least 8 months. A filing will be much sooner.

My guess is at least 8 months. A filing will be much sooner.
This answers my main question.
The clock is ticking now.
If you want AMFA, you better keep pushing for those cards to have a comfortable margin over 50%.
I know you guys already know that so I will just wish you good luck.

Until the DOT or whatever agency declares AA/USAir a single carrier status we are still a separate company as if no merger took place. This can take a while. My guess anywhere from 8 months to 18 months. There will be a filing well before this happens.

Once AMFA files and wins representation at AA the TWU is OUT!
AMFA and the members at this point will be involved in controlling our future.
Hopefully the USAir guys will see that AMFA is the only choice and get away from the IAM/IBT and TWU lies and deceitful ways.

This is the scenario that I most likely see happening. Time permitting, that is. It just might play out this way because what I know of Doug Parker, a single carrier status will be a long time coming.

I don't see a DL/NW or UA/CO time line here.

Once Amfa files the clock stops. If the twu tries to stretch it it won't matter. It is from the day you file. Forget about the usair guys. Until a Single carrier status is declared we are separate. This won't happen for many months. My guess is at least 8 months. A filing will be much sooner.

Correct. We are a minority (US) now. You people are in the drivers seat now.

That's a concept my co workers are unaware of. We were always in the majority through the Piedmont, PSA and AWA mergers.

Correct. We are a minority (US) now. You people are in the drivers seat now.

That's a concept my co workers are unaware of. We were always in the majority through the Piedmont, PSA and AWA mergers.

I agree. Let it run it's course. You guys will be AMFA too...

With the decidededly pro company twu, you guys dont expect some shenanigans by the twu and aa to conspire in some legal form to keep twu in power at aa,....I'm sure with proper lawyering and legal support of aa, I could see some loop holes popping up.,.... the twu is the best thing that ever happened to aa in labor negotiations.

Back