Who is in the lead for union representation for M&R @ the new American Airlines?

Wont happen and your research is flawed. Are you even a AMT?

Yes I am. The teamsters are promising the world at USairways, but when asked to put the promises to paper they refuse. That union will say anything to pick up membership, even if its all LIES.

As far as amfa, all I know is any union is powerless when a company files bankruptcy, but at NW everyone lost their job when amfa was in charge. I don't feel they handled that situation very well. This is just my opinion and I'm not on here to argue with anyone.

You will be surprised when you see how much interest will be coming from the AA guys to join the IAM. Just because they are not posting here doesn't mean they have no interest in changing over to the IAM.

Yes I am. The teamsters are promising the world at USairways, but when asked to put the promises to paper they refuse. That union will say anything to pick up membership, even if its all LIES.

As far as amfa, all I know is any union is powerless when a company files bankruptcy, but at NW everyone lost their job when amfa was in charge. I don't feel they handled that situation very well. This is just my opinion and I'm not on here to argue with anyone.

You will be surprised when you see how much interest will be coming from the AA guys to join the IAM. Just because they are not posting here doesn't mean they have no interest in changing over to the IAM.

Thanks man, I really needed a good laugh........

Well at least some people out here are doing their own homework. Keep on bugging the teamsters to put their promices and garrentees on paper. They never will b/c they cannot follow thru. Besides the actuall fact that the IAM allowed the outsourcing and station closings at UAL prior to AMFA coming in, I will say the only other negatives about the IAM I have is the fact that they are just another industrial union, with AMFA it's about the class and craft of mechanics and related only. Just like all the pilots and f/a's who almost all have class and craft unions representing them. I know you said your not here to argue and I will respect that, take the info as info and do with it what you want. I do recomend if/when AMFA gets voted in at AA, that you guys at US follow every little bit how AMFA works while at AA and I believe you guys too will want to change over. Just wait ans see how transparent AMFA is. Good luck...

I myself have done plenty of research on the teamsters and amfa, and I am hoping enough of the AA guys sign IAM authorization cards to put the IAM on the ballot!
. go to this link and read about the teamsters. I'm not promoting the IAM but sure as hell want no part of the teamsters at AA. mechanicsforchange.com/

And AMFA was powerless when Alaska outsourced their heavy maintenance and laid off AMFA represented mechanics.

Glass houses.
When you own the boards then you can tell me what to do.

Are you trying to silence an opposing view?

Yep thats what unionism is about, now isnt it?
NOPE!

I have negotiated for mechanics and represented them, I dont discriminate, can you say the same?

And I have been in the class in craft, so try again.

And what's wrong?

Does the truth hurt about AMFA failing at NW and AS?
Funny at US every member on the NC are mechanics currently, I was the only non-mechanic on the NC.

So mechanics are negotiating for mechanics at US.

But keep spreading your lies and misinformation, try to oppress others with different views, it just shows your true colors.

Are you that obstuse?

Mechanic and related at US included Mechanics, Stores and Utility, I was utility and stores.

Go read the US CBA and educate yourself.

Do you negotiate for the IAM at US?

Nope, I have and the committee is appointed from the district and international level.

We had two General Chairman, two Grand Lodge reps, two grievance committee chairman, PIT IAM M&R President and myself.

Keep lying.

If you work for AA in MIA, how do you know what and how our negotiations were structured?

Prove your lies.

Wow. Your hatred of AMFA shows, no wonder the IAM encouraged their members to SCAB AMFA at NWA. You really must be afraid of AMFA, they are a real union that represents that takes representing their members seriously and provides accountability and transparency something the IAM doesn't. You are the Overspeed of the IAM. You come on here and cover yourself up but you really are a business unionist making an appeal that as a craft union AMFA is divisional in representing the AMT craft when really you view a union as a means to maximize dues payers and revenue for the international. In countless other posts you have made the appeal that people want to "sell out their brothers and sisters for a few pieces of coin". As Bob has said before, people join unions to elevate their standard of living and job security, not to provide cushy benefits for international reps and maintain headcount. The IAM is a company and SCAB union. The IAM gave away scope at UAL and facilitated outsourcing, not AMFA.

Josh

Alaska, Northwest and ACA aka Independence Air, AirTran.

Amfa did a great job there.

Alaska, Northwest and ACA aka Independence Air, AirTran.

Amfa did a great job there.

Examples? The IAM did a great job at USAIR starting the concessions train, UAL, NWA, Hawaiian Airlines, busting AMFA in 2005 and abandoning their members at TWA.

Josh

Here we go again with the misinformation.

TWU started the concessions back in 1983.

ALPA agreed to concessions outside of US' first chapter 11 filing in 2002.

The IAM didnt settle outside of chapter 11 and voted and turned down the final offer in 2002, and then approved concessions during bankruptcy. The law forced all the unions to negotiate or face abrogation.

How many times are you going to be told the truth and still ignore it?

UAL was filing chapter 11 and AMFA and the IBT gave up most of the concessions, NWA was in chapter 11 also and the majority of the IAM represented employees saved their jobs, cant say the same about AMFA, now can you?

HA was in chapter 11 when concessions were negotiated, once again the law makes the unions negotiate or face abrogation.

Explain how parking and pushing of air planes and air starts at about 20 stations broke the AMFA strike.

IAM represented employees all ready did that work at more stations than AMFA represented employees.

The IAM spent over $5 million in for the flight attendants alone and ramp and mechanics went to arbitration.

Keep lying there joshie boy.

You didn't provide a single example of how AMFA failed. Care to answer the question?

Josh

Most of AMFA's members at NW lost their jobs when NW outsmarted afma, never to return to work and even voluntarily gave up representation at NW.

AS shut down all their heavy mtc under amfa's watch, 340 mechanics laid off.

Lost a major court case, AMFA vs ACA, look it up, deals with the status quo.

Glad to see once you are called out, you ignore the facts and try to change the subject.

Here we go again with the misinformation.

TWU started the concessions back in 1983.

ALPA agreed to concessions outside of US' first chapter 11 filing in 2002.

The IAM didnt settle outside of chapter 11 and voted and turned down the final offer in 2002, and then approved concessions during bankruptcy. The law forced all the unions to negotiate or face abrogation.

How many times are you going to be told the truth and still ignore it?

UAL was filing chapter 11 and AMFA and the IBT gave up most of the concessions, NWA was in chapter 11 also and the majority of the IAM represented employees saved their jobs, cant say the same about AMFA, now can you?

HA was in chapter 11 when concessions were negotiated, once again the law makes the unions negotiate or face abrogation.

Explain how parking and pushing of air planes and air starts at about 20 stations broke the AMFA strike.

IAM represented employees all ready did that work at more stations than AMFA represented employees.

The IAM spent over $5 million in for the flight attendants alone and ramp and mechanics went to arbitration.

Keep lying there joshie boy.

Not to interrupt but I gotta call BS on one line....

""...UAL was filing chapter 11 and AMFA and the IBT gave up most of the concessions...""

First the IAM gave up $349 million annually, AMFA gave up $96 million annually. Second, UAL exited bankruptcy in 2006, the ibt wasn't certified until 2008, no concessions there.

Carry on

You really have comprehension problems, now do you?

You dont have to be an AMT to know the issues.

NW, AS and ACA.

Maybe if you actually digested what is out there, you might learn something.

Back