Who is in the lead for union representation for M&R @ the new American Airlines?

Most of AMFA's members at NW lost their jobs when NW outsmarted afma, never to return to work and even voluntarily gave up representation at NW.

AS shut down all their heavy mtc under amfa's watch, 340 mechanics laid off.

Lost a major court case, AMFA vs ACA, look it up, deals with the status quo.

Glad to see once you are called out, you ignore the facts and try to change the subject.
. Why do you care? It's not your fight nor your profession.

Last time I checked this is a message board, where ideas are exchanged, opinions given and where debate occurs.

Too hard to grasp?

You really have comprehension problems, now do you?

You dont have to be an AMT to know the issues.

NW, AS and ACA.

Maybe if you actually digested what is out there, you might learn something.
yes but we are and your not. Got the hint?

When you buy your own message board you can make the rules, if you dont like what I have to post, then ignore it.

Plain and simple, because let me give you a hint, I wont be going anywhere.

Typical of an industrial union they think they are above everbodyelse. The statement about stores being part of the mechanic and related class is a perfect example. The NMB is the authority on who is in the M&R class,not the iam. They have been the authority for many years and stores has not been part of that. Spinning that the same as you have been trying convince people that the iam did not do scab work at NWA. The twu had a scab fair in KC to cross the picket line while there own members base was being shut down and lets not forget about the ibt pilots at champion air flying routes for nwa during the strike because there was so many nwa a/c grounded. These are perfect examples of what you get with industrial unioism.

From 1949 till 2006 at US Airways, stores was part of the mechanic class and craft, why is that so hard for people to understand?

I posted the info where it showed and another poster posted when it changed.

Last time I checked no IAM ramper fixed nor overhauled a NW airplane during the strike.

When you buy your own message board you can make the rules, if you dont like what I have to post, then ignore it.

Plain and simple, because let me give you a hint, I wont be going anywhere.

LQQK It's 700UW

The no longer stock clerk from USAir who Knows all about the mechanics class and craft union. The guy who knows all about AMFA and is willing to share all his knowledge with us. He thinks he has the right on this board to tell us that we at AA should join the IAM. That the IAM is the best.

The Iam was so good that it let USAir screw the employees at USAir during its bk process. He also likes to bring up past history about AMFA, and what happened to AS. NWA, but he won't tell us HOW the IAM let TWA take and take from the employees there. Or How Continental while having the IAM screwed its employees as well. Its only AMFA that failed.

700, why are you picking on the AMTs - we don't need your advise....really! The IAM is the LAST thing on any AA AMTs mind.

700 is a IAM supporter with a self serving agenda. We at American do not care about the IAM and sure as hell do not care about the teamsters.

Self-Serving agenda?

Please share it with me, I would like to know, since you want to make it about me and not the topic at hand.

Self-Serving agenda?

Please share it with me, I would like to know, since you want to make it about me and not the topic at hand.

700 the Topic on hand is we want to rid our class and craft of the industrial unions.

We the mechanics of the airline industry are voicing our hate for the industrial union treatment of our class and craft for decades. We want to make our own decisions who represents us. If AMFA fails us then that will be our mistake. It will be a lesson learned.

We Don't need a NON mechanic who has no clue about whats going on within our class and craft telling us his opinion. Or try to attempt to sway some of the guys we are trying to get information to lies.

You can be on this board as you say we can't control that but as you have stated to me I am not an USAir employee and neither are you. You are an X USAir Stock clerk

If you want to be on this board your choice but don't think we give a crap about the IAM, and the industrial union way of doing things. WE DON'T.

From 1949 till 2006 at US Airways, stores was part of the mechanic class and craft, why is that so hard for people to understand?

I posted the info where it showed and another poster posted when it changed.

Last time I checked no IAM ramper fixed nor overhauled a NW airplane during the strike.

I think what you mean is they were part of the mechanic contract, thats not the same as class and craft as determined by the NMB. The NMB does not care how a union sets up their contracts

LQQK It's 700UW

The no longer stock clerk from USAir who Knows all about the mechanics class and craft union. The guy who knows all about AMFA and is willing to share all his knowledge with us. He thinks he has the right on this board to tell us that we at AA should join the IAM. That the IAM is the best.

The Iam was so good that it let USAir screw the employees at USAir during its bk process. He also likes to bring up past history about AMFA, and what happened to AS. NWA, but he won't tell us HOW the IAM let TWA take and take from the employees there. Or How Continental while having the IAM screwed its employees as well. Its only AMFA that failed.

He is here as damage control for the IAM International, he cheers on concessions at other carriers to make IAM concessionary agreements look less bad, rationalizes substandard IAM agreements, cherrypicks facts to suit the IAM, he is a business unionist.

Josh

I think what you mean is they were part of the mechanic contract, thats not the same as class and craft as determined by the NMB. The NMB does not care how a union sets up their contracts
No, the same class and craft till 2006 at US, still on the same CBA till this day.

700UW

Are you still here, pushing that scab union, they crossed a picket line. The IAM screwed the continental employees, and the TWA employees, and the United employees all three lost many employees, pensions and a lot more and you want us to believe that the IAM is the best thing since sliced bread. Tilton/Lorenzo/Ichan all three of these guys beat the IAM. You can't dispute that. CAL is now Teamsters, United is now Teamsters, and TWA is GONE. How many IAM employees did TWA loose, or destroy?

It works well for the ramp and stores employees, but NOT for aircraft maintenance.
It even works at Boeing and other places but in the airline biz the IAM will soon be gone. If we merge with USAir we will out vote the class and craft employees at USAir and they will be what the AA mechanics want to be. Thats just a Fact.

American Airlines mechanics don't want to listen to any of your Bull, we don't want an industrial union whether it be the IAM/IBT/TWU. A craft union is what we want.

AMFA at AA

Back