JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Nelson said:

So, since you loved the United agreement,  I really have no idea what you mean by job protection.  Remember, their full time job protection only is good for anyone who has more than 17 years [april, 1999].  Unlike the CWA and other unions, they walked away from DOS protections.  

They didn't negotiate a real contract, just negotiated an amendment.  And as far as scope [you do know that scope is different from job protection, yes?] it's only for 28 stations and with a 35 flight limit.  Just for reference, our combined scope has 40 stations and the CWA has all stations with 5 flights. 

So, are you are advocating for a flight activity of 35 flights, no full time protections for anyone without 17 years, and no part time restrictions, then I'd say that your 'job protection ideas' are just hot air.  Why don't you walk over to MIA United and see who is working their flights?  You might want to count to see if they have 35 flights a day as well.  Easy for you to claim job protection when you are in a hub but your past comments make it clear that you are all about the money.

I already know that you are a yes vote if there is anything more than $28.  I am 100% certain of it.

regards,

Tim  me and Weaasles have had our battles. he even text me yesterday and told me how much he hated me but he is the last person to put money ahead of anything. You must have started  drinking beer a bit early today. Your next video will be you passed out drunk and snoring

He is an idiot, don't bother discussing anything with him. When he disagrees he gets stuck and bitter.  Be like that other guy, NYer and stop conversing with him.  I wouldn't be surprised if management planted him on these sites.
I agree. But when he quote mines people, I check him on it.

regards,

WeAAsles said:
AA I'm 100% in agreement. Why do you think I am at least trying to stear it back to relevant conversation?

If you want I'll make the sacrifice and ignore Tim and he can try to paint any picture he wants about me and others can say "Does Dave really think that way"

Basically you want me to keep my arms down while the other guy punches me in the face.
Nothing on here really bothers me and I'd be a a/hole if it did since I dish most of it out   but what  would annoy me is someone putting words in my mouth. I'm surprised you are taking it so well.  weez "serenity now" or if you're older "needles and pins...."

regarding our contract talks, let's be careful of placing a lot of weight on express work in exchange for catering and other items. Don't get me wrong, we will take it if available but not at the ridiculous cost like the United contract. One must closely follow the industry news when approaching negotiations. Earlier today, we see that Delta is shifting to 100 seat planes, so express work may start fading. And whether union or not, these companies are hammering their employees as the TWU is finding out.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13547024/1/american-airlines-partner-air-wisconsin-offers-dispatchers-raises-of-zero.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Tim Nelson said:
I agree. But when he quote mines people, I check him on it.

regards,

Let's break clean and go to neutral corners. Let's stay on task. I was asked, a few pages back, what my priorities would be in JCBA negotiations. Respectfully, after reading through 3 pages, I will have to respond at a later date. Let's establish priorities based on credibility and a case by case basis. Additionally, I would have to ask if the input of members on this forum represent the silent majority of the combined membership. This needs to be taken into consideration. I'm all about discussion and respectful debate concerning our JCBA  negotiations. Let's stay on task and in our common lane.   

ograc said:

Let's break clean and go to neutral corners. Let's stay on task. I was asked, a few pages back, what my priorities would be in JCBA negotiations. Respectfully, after reading through 3 pages, I will have to respond at a later date. Let's establish priorities based on credibility and a case by case basis. Additionally, I would have to ask if the input of members on this forum represent the silent majority of the combined membership. This needs to be taken into consideration. I'm all about discussion and respectful debate concerning our JCBA  negotiations. Let's stay on task and in our common lane.   
I don't know, it seems to me the the posters here want a little green arrow they want approval. How many times have you tried to feel out your fellow employees on a vote and the results just don't match. I personally don't think we should give up anything at the same time I don't want to wait years for another contract. We are literally losing thousands of dollars as this drags on. All I can do is hope that they bring back a contract that we can all live with, if not  I think most people will go for the money

ograc said:

ograc,

Since you asked... my priorities with the new CBA: 1) Scope, 2)Furlough/Recall Protections,3) PT/FT ratio, 4) Wages, and 5) Benefits (including pension/401K).  Probably unlike most, I place Wage or Benefits not even in the Top 3, especially as I see future cuts in PHX mainline flying.

PMAA had their pension frozen, and PMUS had theirs terminated.

So they are not earning any DBP on the AA side, PMUS ramp are in the IAMNPF.

I'd like to see if we can have a reasonable, unemotional conversation about the IAMPF. We've tried this before but eventually it falls into disarray because of things that have happened to it in the past and especially after the 2014 law went into effect.

Here's something to start the conversation up with. I don't see the IAMPF on this list? Does anyone have actual information that would state for a clear fact that the IAMPF would face issues or cuts in the future for whatever reasons?

http://www.pensionrights.org/publications/fact-sheet/multiemployer-pension-plans-critical-and-declining-status

700UW said:
PMAA had their pension frozen, and PMUS had theirs terminated.

So they are not earning any DBP on the AA side, PMUS ramp are in the IAMNPF.
How long after the PMUS ramp members went into IAMPF did the funds administrators decide to cut benefits? Did they cut those benefits once or twice?

Do you believe (Your opinion) that PMUS members were brought in to the fund to try and shore up its assets before any cuts were announced? Are there any active members in the fund who did not receive a benefits reduction and are still on schedule A (non currently retired members) and why did they not also receive cuts?

My take is that anymore a pension is a sword companies can use to hold over a work group's head.

A 401k with both a high employer contribution and match gives workers much more leverage. It also frees up some "ask" that a union can then use to boost other areas of a contract.

For the IAMNPF specifically, I am still a participant. My benefits have not been reduced, but my multiplier is only something like $38 to start with.

Kev3188 said:
My take is that anymore a pension is a sword companies can use to hold over a work group's head.
A 401k with both a high employer contribution and match gives workers much more leverage. It also frees up some "ask" that a union can then use to boost other areas of a contract.
For the IAMNPF specifically, I am still a participant, and my multiplier is something like $38. Not too great, really.
Your multiplier is horrible honestly. But to me recent developments where a group is going to receive a roughly $80.00 per month multiplier (AND) a 3% 401k match has piqued my interest.

So again I'm "hoping" to discuss this in a civilized conversation.

Kev you're at Delta and were at NWA. Can I ask what is your full career retirement capital? NWA pension, IAM pension, 401k match? Did you have a NWA pension thrown on the PBGC and what were the reductions if any? Besides your IAMPF contributer that I guess Delta is putting in, what again is Delta providing to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back