JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't complain???? Jezzus H, all you do is complain Nut Driver. All your posts are is money, "a T/A to look at", then it's about your money again, "I want a raise for my 401k". Then you cry about Seham, and how much professional services cost. Then you cry about the 5 years you have waited for a new CBA with AMFA, and then your money again.

"I can't complain", what a fool you are Nut Driver.
Yeah your right I do complain, I see AMFA starting to become more like an Industrial union, from surveys they won't release, rules they put in place making it harder to get rid of someone.if you guys want them, I hope with your clout you could change them back to what they once were.Some people on this forum refuse to admit how far we have drifted from 2003.I actually enjoy reading your posts. Let me ask you two things, how many TWA guys do you have left, and do you think you have enough guys to get AMFA in? One more thing was this association forced on you guys because the company did not want the merger fiasco that they had with the pilots?

737 the Assoc came about because neither the TWU or the IAM wanted to risk losing an election so they git into bed together.
The company probably forsee the issues to come from that and was all for it

737 the Assoc came about because neither the TWU or the IAM wanted to risk losing an election so they git into bed together.
The company probably forsee the issues to come from that and was all for it

Although there’s something better going on today. The comment rat is not true. The TWU would not have had to have an election since they already held by far the majority of the total membership. NMB would not have ordered any election.

The IAM put pressure on the TWU using the AFL/CIO to come up with an alternative and stop ignoring the IAM to work together instead of having another much larger TWA type fiasco.

The most shameful part of the Association was that the Members were not trusted to decide if it was good for us or not by having a vote “before” it was filed with the NMB for certification.

Anyway I’d prefer to move forward and face each day as it comes and not annoy myself focusing constantly on the past. But that’s how I feel.

The company can see the fighting between the two unions. This association is a joke!

And you’re part of the Negotiations and on the 31st floor looking down to be able to see this?

4239669A-892B-4B85-927C-620FF25C4AEF.jpeg 0B67FFCC-B55E-4809-9801-C65DBD9C3DE9.jpeg

Members of the Transport Workers Union have asked President Trump to stop what they say is the unsafe outsourcing of airplane maintenance jobs to other countries.

The union staged a protest in Times Square on Wednesday over American Airlines new $100 million investment in a new maintenance facility in Brazil and its failure to reach a deal with TWU workers.

“American Airlines, which is making billions of dollars a year in profits, is investing $100 million to build a new aircraft maintenance facility – in Brazil,” the union said in a letter to Trump. “Bring American Airlines back to America.”

The protest is outside of the Times Square Tower, where the union has been holding tense contractnegotiations with American Airlines. So far, the sides have been unable to reach any agreements.

The rally includes hundreds of baggage handlers, pilots, and flight attendants from around the United States who are worried about losing their jobs to workers in countries.

http://nyp.st/2xOPCow

670088A5-ADA1-4456-B83A-7B6501DD52D8.jpeg

Weez wanna meet at Bagel Cove near Aventura Mall? You’ll probably say as a native New Yorker they aren’t up to your standards

Josh

Only if you promise to wear this on a shirt and carry a sign?

View attachment 12110

Nope that’s yet another reason this management team is a joke. Old management never would have done such a thing. And before you say once LUS management took over AA started making money, the company had spectacular financial performance throughout 2013, after the concessions were imposed. And it’s been a rising industry tide in the four years since they’ve taken over but that was a real dumb thing of Parker to say.

Josh

Nope that’s yet another reason this management team is a joke. Old management never would have done such a thing. And before you say once LUS management took over AA started making money, the company had spectacular financial performance throughout 2013, after the concessions were imposed. And it’s been a rising industry tide in the four years since they’ve taken over but that was a real dumb thing of Parker to say.

Josh

We’ll just agree that yes it was a very dumb comment for Mr Parker to make.

But that picture just may make a very nice shirt for the next protest location don’t you think?

you ought to meet Josh. I'm not joking. I met him up at the food court. Bright kid. I say kid because he seemed a lot younger than me. Very knowledgeable guy. I don't agree with some of the tough things he says but he is spot on with a lot of the things at the IAM that I don't even know.
While I have no doubt about what you're saying, most on here including myself have little or no desire to meet him. He's been condescending, and been throwing nothing but insults out to many of us for years. Said that my being hired many years ago, was a questionable decision made by someone without even knowing me. Add to that all of the trash talking about US prior to the merger, and even some to this date. We all did the best that we could with wherever came our way over the years. Based on all of the union talk, and the TWA issues, I can assume that his old man must have been affected by some part of it at one point. He claims to be an outsider to the industry, and I find it bizarre that he's fixated with AA, US, and the IAM. If I did run into this little punk, I would prefer it to be off the airport grounds.

While I have no doubt about what you're saying, most on here including myself have little or no desire to meet him. He's been condescending, and been throwing nothing but insults out to many of us for years. Said that my being hired many years ago, was a questionable decision made by someone without even knowing me. Add to that all of the trash talking about US prior to the merger, and even some to this date. We all did the best that we could with wherever came our way over the years. Based on all of the union talk, and the TWA issues, I can assume that his old man must have been affected by some part of it at one point. He claims to be an outsider to the industry, and I find it bizarre that he's fixated with AA, US, and the IAM. If I did run into this little punk, I would prefer it to be off the airport grounds.

Wings the comment on hiring is the same
I made to WeAA and applies to anyone applying for a job. Someone at another carrier decades ago made an arbitrary, subjective judgement to say “yes” to you when there were likely hundreds of other qualified applicants. I mentioned this when you were complaining about health care costs and how out of touch you are relative to what other people pay and that costs are increasing astronomically.

Yes AA has been a big part of my life and I don’t like LUS/USAIR/US Airways, and the new direction the company is going.

I only mention TWA because like USAIR it too has been a huge drain on AA, lots of complicated union matters and destroyed the culture of the company. Only with TWA the IAM didn’t stay around for the mess they imposed on the naAAtives yet all we hear about is how AA “screwed” these people when they got full company seniority for pay, vacation, etc.

TWA was arguably the IAM’s flagship/most prized airline relationship and one that came to a tragic ending. Look at how many people at the Grand Lodge (some are still there to this very day) and at DL 142 came from TWA. 700 boasted that the IAM represented everyone on the property except the pilots and how the TWA experience taught O’Driscoll, Roach, etc about bankruptcy which other carriers faced the following decade. The IAM never met a concession they didn’t like at TWA and helped the company ultimately attain particularly at a time other employee groups at other carriers stood to make gains they in effect depressed wages and benefits by agreeing to concessions.

Not sure what you are out to prove, I don’t like USAIR but have nothing against the individual employees but the IAM needs to start delivering for the people they serve not being a cushy gig for the GL leadership and AGCs.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts