Nwa Mechanics Strike

magsau said:
It was an L1011 from MIA to SJU and it was regular mechanics that left the O rings out. This incident happened well before the IAM strike at EAL.
[post="291863"][/post]​
<_< Yea, and Eastern was cleared to land at SJU, but was ordered back to MIA, the last of the three engine quit on the MIA taxiway!!!! :down:

Just thought id like to say what a fine job the scabs are doing in DTW. Was checking nwa.com site and found this among many.
Departs: Detroit-Wayne County Int'l, MI (DTW) Arrives: London-Gatwick, England ( LGW )

Departure Date: August 23 Arrival Date: August 24

Gate: Gate:

Scheduled: 9:40PM Scheduled: 10:05AM

Actual: Cancelled Actual: Cancelled

Aircraft: Weather: LGW

Note: Cancelled due to aircraft maintenance.

keep up the good work scabs your making us all proud

magsau said:
It was an L1011 from MIA to SJU and it was regular mechanics that left the O rings out. This incident happened well before the IAM strike at EAL.
[post="291863"][/post]​
Actually, it was an L-10-11 from MIA to NAS (Nassau, Bahamas).

chasbatl said:
Just thought id like to say what a fine job the scabs are doing in DTW. Was checking nwa.com site and found this among many.
Departs: Detroit-Wayne County Int'l, MI (DTW) Arrives: London-Gatwick, England ( LGW )

Departure Date: August 23 Arrival Date: August 24

Gate: Gate:

Scheduled: 9:40PM Scheduled: 10:05AM

Actual: Cancelled Actual: Cancelled

Aircraft: Weather: LGW

Note: Cancelled due to aircraft maintenance.

keep up the good work scabs your making us all proud
[post="292060"][/post]​

I agree 100% with what you're implying here, but you used a bad example. DTW-LGW uses a DC-10. Even with the best AMT's around keeping them going, they're not exactly reliable.

These (DC-10) flights -while rarely cancelled-often take huge delays for technical problems.

You guys act like delayed flights are unusual. If a flight crew is late we get blamed, if there is a thunderhead at the end of the runway with wind shear we get blamed, if a part breaks under normal use and the aircraft is grounded we get blamed. I here there is 1900 of us deployed through out Northwest. Northwest originally wanted about 3000 to pull this off. There are 4500 of you guys and we are only a couple of percentage points behind you. The coffee has been brewed and is being served. You better wake up or you’re going to miss out.

You guys act like delayed flights are unusual. If a flight crew is late we get blamed, if there is a thunderhead at the end of the runway with wind shear we get blamed, if a part breaks under normal use and the aircraft is grounded we get blamed. I here there is 1900 of us deployed through out Northwest. Northwest originally wanted about 3000 to pull this off. There are 4500 of you guys and we are only a couple of percentage points behind you. The coffee has been brewed and is being served. You better wake up or you’re going to miss out.

BTW, what shift do you work? You seem to be on here all day and night. Do they let you post from work?

sentrido said:
BTW, what shift do you work? You seem to be on here all day and night. Do they let you post from work?
[post="292548"][/post]​

Why of course I do, this is really a gravy job. Oh we get busy sometimes and you wonder if its ever going to end but once the aircraft is pushed back everything is cool again. I got to hide out because I don’t know how NW would take to these posts. Every now and then I here the guys speculating on who KTO is. I just keep my mouth shut. We don’t have a set lunch so you eat when ever. We work 12 to 16 hour shifts so there is lots of breaks. You guys have done this job before right?

NO, I havent done a SCAB job before, SCABBY McSCABBY SCAB.
So you post while on the clock? Wow, a SCAB that even rips off the company that hired em. Well, thats what you get when you hire a SCAB.

sentrido said:
NO, I havent done a SCAB job before, SCABBY McSCABBY SCAB.
So you post while on the clock? Wow, a SCAB that even rips off the company that hired em. Well, thats what you get when you hire a SCAB.
[post="292735"][/post]​

You act like I'm a company man. I'm sure the few pennies I make while making these posts wont even show up on the bean counters tickets. Most of my post are done when I'm off then most of the remainder is during lunch and breaks some are on the clock but very few and that is during a slow time.