Scabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kev, If you would pass this along to some of your buddies at DTW. I haven't had to marshal any aircraft in for the past few days. The rampers are out there waiting on the aircraft to roll in. The Pilot doesn't even have to stop anymore. He just makes his turn an pulls right up to the gate. It's looking very professional out there lately. I wonder if they got a good ribbing from management or did they realize that we would take over that job if they didn't get on the ball.

You also might want to add that them leaving their equipment running all night is getting noticed. It really doesn't run all night because I turn it off for them. I wouldn't want them to get into trouble because I was to lazy to walk over and flip a switch. Well just tell them to keep up the good work we are watching.
Hey PTO,
Why don't you just go s$#% management's c%$# and get it over with? Really, I mean sometimes after reading some of your post's I just wanna hurl!!!

I dont believe that AMFA screwed up. NWA didnt have as many problems when the AMFA mechanics were on board fixing it. The sh!t hit the fan right afterwards cause it was shown on news stations and they as well as the papers all stated that "NWA was handling the situation normally" and that was after you replaced the fine men and women mechanics of NWA.

I dont believe that AMFA screwed up. NWA didnt have as many problems when the AMFA mechanics were on board fixing it. The sh!t hit the fan right afterwards cause it was shown on news stations and they as well as the papers all stated that "NWA was handling the situation normally" and that was after you replaced the fine men and women mechanics of NWA.

The sh!t hit the fan in the last two days leading up to the strike when AMFA essentially sabatoged the wholes system, sending AOS counts up to the high 50's and MELs to the mid 600's on the day before the strike. The replacements and management worked through this backlog created by exiting AMFA mechanics and reduced the AOS down to normal levels (about 15) about a week after the strike began.

The local media was correct in its assertion that NWA was handling the situation normally, but the media failed to mention that the poor operations were created by AMFA mechanics before they left, rather than problems arising after they left.

The sh!t hit the fan in the last two days leading up to the strike when AMFA essentially sabatoged the wholes system, sending AOS counts up to the high 50's and MELs to the mid 600's on the day before the strike. The replacements and management worked through this backlog created by exiting AMFA mechanics and reduced the AOS down to normal levels (about 15) about a week after the strike began.

The local media was correct in its assertion that NWA was handling the situation normally, but the media failed to mention that the poor operations were created by AMFA mechanics before they left, rather than problems arising after they left.

No, things really started going downhill because there weren't any parts to fix the aircraft in the months leading up to the strike. They sent EVERYTHING out, and for about a month before the strike, the mechanics had nothing to fix. If they had something on the shelf waiting for a part, they were told to pack it up and send it out. The poor operations before the strike were solely the fault of NWA. And I believe for a while after the strike they were running fairly high AOS numbers, and as another member here has previously stated, MEL counts are currently running in the mid 200's. And that' WITH a reduced fleet that is continuing to get smaller and a reduced schedule that is doing the same.

Looks like you blew finman out of the water.

I saw a similar thing over at AA where the company cancelled flights, refused to hold OT when planes were broke then told the press the mechanics were having a job action. They claimed that the mechanics job action caused "hundreds" of flights to be cancelled and said it would be over in 24 hours.

Later in court they changed their story and said that around 10 mechanics were involed in "excessive " maint write ups.

I would not be suprised in the least that NWA took actions designed to tarnish the image of the striking mechanics, including sabotaging their own parts, in order to gain an advantage in the PR campaign.

As SAABMEISER points out NWA has less planes, less flights but a higher ratio of OTS and MELS with their scabs.

No, things really started going downhill because there weren't any parts to fix the aircraft in the months leading up to the strike. They sent EVERYTHING out, and for about a month before the strike, the mechanics had nothing to fix. If they had something on the shelf waiting for a part, they were told to pack it up and send it out. The poor operations before the strike were solely the fault of NWA. And I believe for a while after the strike they were running fairly high AOS numbers, and as another member here has previously stated, MEL counts are currently running in the mid 200's. And that' WITH a reduced fleet that is continuing to get smaller and a reduced schedule that is doing the same.

If that's the case, then I stand corrected. I think the MEL counts are now around 200, but like you stated, even that is fairly high considering the number of parked aircraft. We saw poor on-time operations all through September and October , but it was difficult to determine the main driver. Tech ops driven delays were higher than normal, but so were ground ops and ATC, so I think there were a lot of contributing factors to the poor operations post strike.

Saabmiester, are you saying that the sharp spike in poor operations just a few days prior to the strike is because of a shortage of parts that began months earlier? You're going to have a hard time selling that one.

Let me see if I have this right.

I have read every post on this topic..

I've seen everything from blantant whining, to some supporting physical violence against those they call scabs.

I personally don't want to fly an airline whose employees act like criminal thugs. I am not alone.

You work for ABC airline. You have a union. That union allows many people to work an hour or two a day, while goofing off the rest of the time.

The passengers on their planes have to trust that their safety is insured by those "honorable hardworking" people.

And what was the maintenace they job they were "supposed" to be doing while they were slurping coffee? Did it get done?

The majority of those airline employees are truly hardworking and honest. The flying public does not currently have a way to find out, before taking their flight, which group of employees performed the maintenance on their plane.

Revenues fall for ABC airlines. Maybe crappy service? The company decides to get rid of union employees, and hire others.

All ABC employees pay union dues. The members are so set on "ME-ME-ME-MINE " that eventually even the union realizes that their members want the impossible. Money without performance. Or more money than their collective performance is worth. It is a job, not a cradle-to-grave guarantee .

That garbage no longer exists. Spread the word.In the economy today, companies demand performance equivalent to salary.

Combine that with the fact that the union is now actually more about dues, than the welfare of the members. I think corruption is the word you're looking for.

So now what do we have?

Screaming members, useless unions, and ABC is fed up. Dump them all, replace them with someone less demanding.

Safety be damned, as many of these replacements couldn't change a lightbulb without a manual.. When they don't even speak English, it will get worse.

Bottom line, many union members will lose everything.

Screaming ,crying and threatening will accomplish nothing.

They wanted a union to represent them, they voted for it, they got it.

It is not the fault of the rest of America that the union did nothing but soak the members.

Supply and demand. Great service, clean, on-time planes.Employees who don't snarl at passengers because they aren't personally happy. Reasonable fares, not walk-up robbery.

The employees wanted the union. They voted to have that union represent all of them.

Call them scabs if you like. I have no doubt that some , due to their incompetence, will cause deaths.And the loss of ABC jobs.

The truly telling part of ALL previous posters?

Not ONE time, were the salary paying passengers listed as being important. Or even marginally mentioned.

It was all Me, Me,Me.

But it's what you wanted.

Unions will be busted, employees will be dead broke and lose their homes, passengers will be flying on unsafe crates, or ABC will fold into the dead heap of past defunct airlines, and only the first two will happen.

Nice going, guys. Was this what you wanted? It is fact.

Scream,cry,threaten,call names,flame away, or deal with facts.

It's a public forum for all to see.

Trip Confirmed, that is an interesting point however passengers are a constant. For example, when the rampers would let an aircraft sit out on the tarmac instead of marshaling it in my MAPS biggest concern was the passengers making their connecting flights and getting on with their business. Though it might not have been said it is a given. After all that is what an airline is in business for, to carry passengers.

I asked once before but no one bothered to answer, how can you have a confirmed flight without an assigned seat on an overbooked aircraft?

Trip Confirmed, that is an interesting point however passengers are a constant. For example, when the rampers would let an aircraft sit out on the tarmac instead of marshaling it in my MAPS biggest concern was the passengers making their connecting flights and getting on with their business. Though it might not have been said it is a given. After all that is what an airline is in business for, to carry passengers.

I asked once before but no one bothered to answer, how can you have a confirmed flight without an assigned seat on an overbooked aircraft?

It's been going on for at least 5 years now. It happens to my bookings probably a dozen times a day. Overbooking. Seat map shows no available seats, but pax is confirmed and ticketed. The plane is overbooked.

All pax and bookers now know these are the pax who will be bumped unless some pax no-shows.

You didn't know this is common practice nowadays?

In past days, airlines would NEVER overbook J or F. Overbooking is now becoming common in business class.

I came across my first (known) case of overbooking in First class about a month ago. The airline res agent slipped and told me. It was a ORD-NRT flight. Overbooked in F by 4 pax.

Talk about pissed -off top-of-the-line fliers?

Really dumb.

I don't get it.
Did you read this thread in one sitting or have you been keeping up with it?

It's been going on for at least 5 years now. It happens to my bookings probably a dozen times a day. Overbooking. Seat map shows no available seats, but pax is confirmed and ticketed. The plane is overbooked.

All pax and bookers now know these are the pax who will be bumped unless some pax no-shows.

You didn't know this is common practice nowadays?

In past days, airlines would NEVER overbook J or F. Overbooking is now becoming common in business class.

I came across my first (known) case of overbooking in First class about a month ago. The airline res agent slipped and told me. It was a ORD-NRT flight. Overbooked in F by 4 pax.

Talk about pissed -off top-of-the-line fliers?

Really dumb.

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

QUOTE(PlayTheOdds @ Nov 19 2005, 07:18 PM)

I don't get it.
--------------------------

One sitting..I haven't been keeping up with it.

One sitting..I haven't been keeping up with it.

Other than the passenger gig what did you think about the thread?

No, I didn't know this was common practice. If you tell someone they have a confirmed booking and take their money you damn well should have a seat for them. If I am paying premium price for a ticket and told it’s a confirmed flight I surely don't expect to be on stand-by status without knowing it.

No, I didn't know this was common practice. If you tell someone they have a confirmed booking and take their money you damn well should have a seat for them. If I am paying premium price for a ticket and told it’s a confirmed flight I surely don't expect to be on stand-by status without knowing it.
----------
People in coach used to say that, but now they are overbooked constantly. It is now happening in business and first too.

Ever hear the admin for the CEO of a major company screaming in your ear about boss being stuck with a multi-million dollar contract to sign in another country. And he was overbooked and can't get there? "GET ME A LEARJET NOW" kind of clout?

I have. We're talking BIG companies.

You want to see that CEO come back and tell all employees (company wide)that if they ever book that airline again, their expense accounts will not be paid unless they had prior approval to fly that carrier(everything else was sold out) ?

I have.

More than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back