Aa Announcements Over The Next 9-12 Months

Calvin said:
If you take Owens' 3,139 posts and divide by say, two years (730 days) , that shows 4.3 posts each and every day since his joining under that alias. The man needs to get a life in a bad way.
[post="170376"][/post]​

The man is very concerned about the mechanic craft and class, and how the twu is dumping it down the toilet.

Nightwatch said:
The man is an idiot.
[post="170398"][/post]​

There you go again, avoid the issue and go for personal attacks. The thing is that anyone reading whats posted can see right through your tactics. The re-emerging of old aliases is another transparant attempt at deception.

Strake said:
If you were wondering what they looked like..... :lol:
[post="171109"][/post]​

Man, you really got us that one.

Anymore perspicacious responses that clarify why the profession should stick with the TWU?

OMG, STRAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLOL
UCMU STRAKE...........GOOD ONE, i mean that is a CLASSIC!!!!!!!
is that cup in his hand for the uh..back pay the 150 or 78 or whatever # it is DOWN to now...to be put in?. after the "MAG" gets done getting THEIRS i am sure it won't be very much $$$$$$ HUMMM makes you wonder who's doin' who huh?
FM 1 & 2 up the ol butt deal. O yeah, O SCABmaster tell us how bad we got it @ AA
then the next time you go to seattle see how many of these you see standin around. that's what have YOU have done to the M&R's at the airlines amfa(PUKE)
uhhh represent........LOSER!!!!!!!!!
TWU/AFL/CIO/ATD=UNION=SCABFREE!!!!!YES!!!! :up:

OMGGMSG straky, Your a fuNNY claSSIC guy, HAhahaHAAHA, you my heRO, ROFFruffRUFF. AHOE, about all thIM oconcessions We took, we USURE too k it inthe A$$ huh???? Jium DO-liittle got a HUGe pay raisee last year I think thats unfaI$ER to all THE twu(pUKE) scabs that HAD to give so MUCH up THe ol buTT is WHERE i like it OH scabMANster I thinks I might TELL me 3rd GrADE teacher thatI LIKE to tryu A NEW calss called SEntence STructure and PUnktuation bedcause IN my little twu(PUKe) pea BrAIN I can look ALOT smArTER if'in I could just LEArn how all THem CIty folKS look So SMArt WHen THEm folks Ain"T no SMArter thAn US of HEre ON the PIg farm. LOsers!!!!!!
TWU/ATD/AFL/cio/ F.F. LIFE!!!! Yes!!! :blink: :up: :rolleyes: :unsure:

Punks, Drunks, Cowards, NON-functional Illiterates, Felons, and Scabs. The twu's finest.

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!

Decision 2004 said:
Anymore perspicacious responses that clarify why the profession should stick with the TWU?
[post="171123"][/post]​

How about this.....

10,000 Jobs

AMFA’S DESTRUCTION OF AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN CAREERS

(10,000 and counting)

AMFA negotiated the NWA agreement. In order to achieve its relatively high wage scale, AMFA gave away virtually all of the mechanics’ job protections. As a consequence, approximately 50% of the NWA mechanics have lost their jobs. Unfortunately, many of these job losses will be permanent.

At Alaska Airlines, AMFA consented to contract arbitration depriving their members of any meaningful vote on the agreement. Since only a handful of the contractual items could be referred to arbitration, the members had no alternative but to accept the deferred items, mostly unchanged from before (17 out of 31 sections to be exact). Further, the outcome of the arbitration decidedly favored management. Once the arbitrator made his decision, the members had nothing left to vote on. This certainly debunks AMFA’s claim of worker democracy.

AMFA is in negotiations with 3 of the airlines they represent and is making little headway. In the future, negotiations at NWA promise to be exciting with nothing left to give away except wages. And with the force majeure one lose in January; it will continue to be a disaster for the Northwest mechanics. NW conducted a meeting with its members on February 12,2004 and discussed the outsourcing of Brakes, APU and additional downsizing of the mechanics to a final total of 2000 to 2400 on the Property from a high of 9700.

AMFA has used many slogans in its campaign to organize aviation technicians. Some that come to mind are “mechanics for mechanics,†“a pure craft union,†and “take a stand for 100 grand.†Has there been any truth to these slogans?

Mechanics for mechanics is a misnomer since 50 plus years of National Mediation Board (NMB) decisions mandate that the craft and class be described as “mechanics and related†and this includes ground maintenance, appearance technicians, and others. They may have separate agreements, but the NMB has decreed that they cannot be excluded. (AMFA referre's to the related as splinter groups). AMFA and everyone else know that, but yet they continue to misrepresent this NMB requirement to mechanics.

While AMFA proclaims that it is a pure craft union, in fact it and its supporting organization are anything but that. AMFA’s umbrella organization is the McCormick Realty Group headquartered in Laconia, NH. Yes, Laconia, NH even though there is no air carrier located anywhere close. It also supports an independent flight attendant group (PFAA) and on and off has supported one pilot group while trying to attract others. Coincidently, these organizations have post office boxes in the same building as the McCormick Realty Group. In other words, the McCormick Realty Group provides its overpriced and limited support to any craft or class that is willing to pay for it. If you need more support, you must pay for it. (AMFA 2002 LM2 reports 1.3 million dollars in professional fees with 11,400 members). Insofar as taking a stand for 100 grand, AMFA hasn’t been close to that figure and it knows that. The TWU-negotiated agreement exceeds AMFA agreements in superior job protection language, retirement benefits and above industry average wages.

Is there an advantage to a single craft organization? The recent turmoil in the air transport industry shows there is no advantage and, in fact, there are disadvantages. The TWU status as a versatile industrial union has enabled it to strengthen its resolve during these turbulent times. Concurrently, single craft unions have drastically reduced their services and, in some cases, were forced to seek a merger partner in order to survive.

Since AMFA’s bargaining has not benefited its members, what has been its demonstrated performance as relates to representation? That, unfortunately, is as miserable as it’s bargaining. NWA and Alaska mechanics were placed in the unenviable position of having to assess themselves in order to pay off their local union’s legal expenses (Local 14). That two-year assessment ends soon and these technicians will be faced with reducing services or assessing themselves once again. TWU legal costs, conversely, are paid by the union and not through member assessment. Why then the phenomena of AMFA? Perhaps everyone hopes to get something for nothing. Children wish for the tooth fairy and someone thought the Brooklyn Bridge was a good deal.

AMFA is not a union, but rather an Internet scheme to make a profit off of the backs of highly trained aviation maintenance technicians. This scheme has brought disaster to many workers and it will injure aviation technicians for years to come. Managements see AMFA as an opportunity to roll back the clock on past gains. No self-respecting union would misrepresent itself as AMFA has, nor would it pit one member against another to benefit their organization. The purpose of labor is to help the workers and not to pick their pockets. The TWU agreements demonstrate that a real union can negotiate both wages and good job protection at the same time, no matter how tough the times. When the siren song of AMFA calls, stick to the facts, and trust your future with the AFL-CIO and North America’s Best Union. The TWU! Where the Real Strength is in the Membership.

You amfa guys can whine all you want about why you don't like the TWU. In the end amfa's track record speaks for itself. Its painfully obvious the amfa can not, does not, and will not protect the work or the jobs at any heavy maintenance base.
You have ran out of time, your "train" has wrecked amfa. Give it up fellas. Do really want to go through the humiliation of another failed card drive? Do ya? punk? (remember Dirty Harry? Just alittle humor there). Oh, and before I forget, the picture I posted was doctored (Dr. Ken).

Click here for more interesting reading about the amfa.

I like the part where you refer to the TWU as "it", as in...

The TWU status as a versatile industrial union has enabled it to strengthen its resolve during these turbulent times.

And you are damn proud of the fact that if "it" had not signed off "without further ratification", the membership would have elected to send "it" in a different direction.

Shortly after the dirty deed, "it" testified and proved in Federal Court that "it" has all the power regarding ratification of changes or amendments to the labor agreement.

You are so proud that "it" invoked this power that you appear to wet your pants over the fact. Yet, you claim to be a union man. Since when does a real union man, need "it" to save him from himself? Since when does a union man call his bargaining agent "it"?

Thanks so much Strake, for placing the truth in Public.

Your post says "it" better than any AMFA supporter or freedom fighter could have put into words.

The day your union became "it", was the day you no longer had a UNION.

This is also a good quote from your post...

The TWU agreements demonstrate that a real union can negotiate both wages and good job protection at the same time, no matter how tough the times.

This should read, the TWU agreements demonstrate that a dictator union can and will ratify without membership approval, contracts that lift of job security convenents, and at the same time reverse 50 years of negotatied wages and benefits.

That is the part of "UNION", I must not understand...

Decision 2004 said:
I must not understand...
[post="171296"][/post]​

Here, read it again....

10,000 Jobs

AMFA’S DESTRUCTION OF AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN CAREERS

(10,000 and counting)

AMFA negotiated the NWA agreement. In order to achieve its relatively high wage scale, AMFA gave away virtually all of the mechanics’ job protections. As a consequence, approximately 50% of the NWA mechanics have lost their jobs. Unfortunately, many of these job losses will be permanent.

At Alaska Airlines, AMFA consented to contract arbitration depriving their members of any meaningful vote on the agreement. Since only a handful of the contractual items could be referred to arbitration, the members had no alternative but to accept the deferred items, mostly unchanged from before (17 out of 31 sections to be exact). Further, the outcome of the arbitration decidedly favored management. Once the arbitrator made his decision, the members had nothing left to vote on. This certainly debunks AMFA’s claim of worker democracy.

AMFA is in negotiations with 3 of the airlines they represent and is making little headway. In the future, negotiations at NWA promise to be exciting with nothing left to give away except wages. And with the force majeure one lose in January; it will continue to be a disaster for the Northwest mechanics. NW conducted a meeting with its members on February 12,2004 and discussed the outsourcing of Brakes, APU and additional downsizing of the mechanics to a final total of 2000 to 2400 on the Property from a high of 9700.

AMFA has used many slogans in its campaign to organize aviation technicians. Some that come to mind are “mechanics for mechanics,†“a pure craft union,†and “take a stand for 100 grand.†Has there been any truth to these slogans?

Mechanics for mechanics is a misnomer since 50 plus years of National Mediation Board (NMB) decisions mandate that the craft and class be described as “mechanics and related†and this includes ground maintenance, appearance technicians, and others. They may have separate agreements, but the NMB has decreed that they cannot be excluded. (AMFA referre's to the related as splinter groups). AMFA and everyone else know that, but yet they continue to misrepresent this NMB requirement to mechanics.

While AMFA proclaims that it is a pure craft union, in fact it and its supporting organization are anything but that. AMFA’s umbrella organization is the McCormick Realty Group headquartered in Laconia, NH. Yes, Laconia, NH even though there is no air carrier located anywhere close. It also supports an independent flight attendant group (PFAA) and on and off has supported one pilot group while trying to attract others. Coincidently, these organizations have post office boxes in the same building as the McCormick Realty Group. In other words, the McCormick Realty Group provides its overpriced and limited support to any craft or class that is willing to pay for it. If you need more support, you must pay for it. (AMFA 2002 LM2 reports 1.3 million dollars in professional fees with 11,400 members). Insofar as taking a stand for 100 grand, AMFA hasn’t been close to that figure and it knows that. The TWU-negotiated agreement exceeds AMFA agreements in superior job protection language, retirement benefits and above industry average wages.

Is there an advantage to a single craft organization? The recent turmoil in the air transport industry shows there is no advantage and, in fact, there are disadvantages. The TWU status as a versatile industrial union has enabled it to strengthen its resolve during these turbulent times. Concurrently, single craft unions have drastically reduced their services and, in some cases, were forced to seek a merger partner in order to survive.

Since AMFA’s bargaining has not benefited its members, what has been its demonstrated performance as relates to representation? That, unfortunately, is as miserable as it’s bargaining. NWA and Alaska mechanics were placed in the unenviable position of having to assess themselves in order to pay off their local union’s legal expenses (Local 14). That two-year assessment ends soon and these technicians will be faced with reducing services or assessing themselves once again. TWU legal costs, conversely, are paid by the union and not through member assessment. Why then the phenomena of AMFA? Perhaps everyone hopes to get something for nothing. Children wish for the tooth fairy and someone thought the Brooklyn Bridge was a good deal.

AMFA is not a union, but rather an Internet scheme to make a profit off of the backs of highly trained aviation maintenance technicians. This scheme has brought disaster to many workers and it will injure aviation technicians for years to come. Managements see AMFA as an opportunity to roll back the clock on past gains. No self-respecting union would misrepresent itself as AMFA has, nor would it pit one member against another to benefit their organization. The purpose of labor is to help the workers and not to pick their pockets. The TWU agreements demonstrate that a real union can negotiate both wages and good job protection at the same time, no matter how tough the times. When the siren song of AMFA calls, stick to the facts, and trust your future with the AFL-CIO and North America’s Best Union. The TWU! Where the Real Strength is in the Membership.

You know Decission 2004, most people are going to read you previous post and wonder......(huh?). However most people know what losing their job is all about. Losing "it" (their job) would be devastating. Most people also know the amfa will not protect their work or their jobs. The amfa's track record speaks for itself.

"Freedom fighters"???? Surely you jest. :lol:

Looks like Strake has learned how to copy/paste from the cultist iam web site. You see there are a few officers that were kicked out by memberships at eight other airlines Strake. Some get help and begin to understand, others knew the truth before it happened but then there is the graveyard where you copy/pasting from.

Strake, the twu is fired and the membership is in the process of booting them out. The twu had a responsibility to prove to the mechanic and related that they were worthy of keeping but, they failed like they fail at everything. We are just finishing up tossing their unhappy butts out.

Then there will be more names added to the roster at amfanuts. I suspect that once the entire industry is aligned the cultist will disappear into thin air, never to be heard from again. They will cower in corners and whisper to each other but they will have lost the courage to speak aloud.

You have three choices Strake either become a unionist and join the nation wide labor movement, get ran over by it, or get the hell out of the way. Which is it going to be? A few field mice standing on the tracks flipping the finger at a locomotive coming straight at them at a hundred miles an hour do not have a chance.

OK, a fourth option might be to Duck!!! :shock:

Yeah Strake, You better watch out for that "amfa choo-choo".... :unsure:

It has the"Scabmaster" as the engineer, "Rusty" as the coal shoveler, and "Ol Bob" bringing up the rear in the caboose.....ding-ding, puff-puff, i think i can, i think i can, i think i can......You guy's and your little toy trains.. LMAO :lol:

"What a Hoot".....ha/ha/ha :p

-----------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

Wow Strake, I need a hit of that sh*t you're smoking. Did you write all that yourself or did you get help from AMTU Luby? Better yet, did the companies lawyers help write it, they seem to be writing Arts responses to the NMB? Everyone knows that Art doesn't have the attention span for 50 page responses.