F/a Recall

jimntx said:
If I get assigned to LGA, I'll have a crash pad waiting on you. I think 20 to a room is livable, don't you? :lol:
[post="185040"][/post]​

jimntx...

With the paycuts you may need 50 to afford a crashpad in LGA! ;) If you get BOS and need a place let me know. I live in NH, but I have a f/a friend that lives walking distance to the T- Blue Line, Beachmont stop.

czerny said:
Missed it by 2 classess. Hoping for another round soon!
Congrats to all who are going back.
[post="185415"][/post]​

I am afraid it is not going to be soon enough.

The company wanted to recall only 300 flight attendants back to work this time around, but Tommie negotiated to call back twice as many in order to make up for the anticipated retirements following the 777 grievance arbitration payoff.

Depending on the numbers of retirements and returnees, leaves may be offered, during the winter, to alleviate any staffing excesses (from the company's perspective, not ours).

AirDude said:
I am wondering,how many TWA F/A's do not feel like going back if being called?

Thank you
[post="185443"][/post]​

My opinion is that about half or less will go back. I am undecided. It's certainly not the career or company that I loved and left anymore.

I think slightly less than half of the very senior, or about the top 1000, will return. More of the middle seniority range, and fewer among the very junior, who after all have been on the street for almost three years and only flew a few months anyway. Overall, I think half is about right.

MK

Well I want to say congrats to all who have been recalled. I can't wait till everyone is back and we can all be one big happy over-worked family.

Kudos to Tommie for fighting for more recalls.

2 more AA classess before TWA. Wonder what it's going to be like in Christmas.
Good luck to all. Guess swaps and drops at Eagle will be DENYING all drops and pvds due to this recall. So close, yet so far....
sigh.

czerny said:
2 more AA classess before TWA. Wonder what it's going to be like in Christmas.
Good luck to all. Guess swaps and drops at Eagle will be DENYING all drops and pvds due to this recall. So close, yet so far....
sigh.
[post="185470"][/post]​

Two questions,

What were the two classes before TWA ?
How many TWA F/A's after the two classes ?

Thank you

AirDude said:
Two questions,

What were the two classes before TWA ?
How many TWA F/A's after the two classes ?

Thank you
[post="185476"][/post]​

I think he is saying there will be aprox enough people for 2 classes after this recall before the step children get the recall notice.

jimntx said:
It is not official until the company and/or the APFA say it's official. It is now almost 1830 in Dallas and there is nothing on the APFA website or hotline. I am aware that some AA furloughees who are flying at AE have gotten e-mails from their managers telling them that they have been recalled, but...
[post="185231"][/post]​

Jim,

I understand that your recall packet arrived via FedEx this morning. I guess that is "official" enough.

Cheers.

:up:

Thanks to everyone. Actually, it arrived via certified mail of the United States Postal Service. I have to return the acceptance letter via FedEx.

I'm anxious to know the number of f/as going to SLT. That is my first choice because of the ease of commute from DFW. I've heard from one fairly reliable source that SLT is getting between 100-200 of the furloughees. If so, I'm sure I would get my first choice.

I love NY, and I would probably love the NY flying for the most part, but covering 3 widely-dispersed, difficult-to-get-to airports does not appeal. I've heard from a couple of friends based there that commuting to LGA is not exactly a walk in the park these days, either.

Amazingly, as of 1505 EDT on the 28th there still isn't a word on the APFA website. There is a new hotline, however. (800-399-2732)

In the new hotline after the recall info, THB says the company has declared the SAN satellite test a success, and says they may be willing to test satellites in the following cities: MSP. MCO, TPA, and ATL. MSP would be attached to ORD and the others to MIA. They call for volunteers to help gather info and coordinate things.

May I be so humble as to suggest some of our TWA people might be of assistance. We had over a dozen satellites for years.

MK

...Wow..
First the recalll now a thumbs up to the SAN base test-!! all in one week-I cant stand it..
I would hope we could pull ALL our resources as a work group to ensure other stations can work out as well as SAN. I am sure our x TW flying partners can be a huge asset we can pull from to ensure further success in this program. I encourage and look forward to any program that we can help create that REALLY works for us...any commute is a bad commute-the fewr the better!!

jimntx said:
Thanks to everyone. Actually, it arrived via certified mail of the United States Postal Service. I have to return the acceptance letter via FedEx.

I'm anxious to know the number of f/as going to SLT. That is my first choice because of the ease of commute from DFW. I've heard from one fairly reliable source that SLT is getting between 100-200 of the furloughees. If so, I'm sure I would get my first choice.

I love NY, and I would probably love the NY flying for the most part, but covering 3 widely-dispersed, difficult-to-get-to airports does not appeal. I've heard from a couple of friends based there that commuting to LGA is not exactly a walk in the park these days, either.
[post="185493"][/post]​

Jim, a very sincere WELCOME BACK from me. I met you in DFW st BOD meeting. I am <we> look forward to working with you in the not too distant future.

Regards,
Miles <Friend of Nancy M.>