IAM 141 TA discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
GS has been supportive to the network. I think your post is in bigtime error. That's all I can say about this matter as some things got to play out.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

GS is for GS 1st and foremost. Ask any ramper with any time and they will tell you all you need to know about the Art of the Roll and GS! The fact that GS is on this is a joke, it shows that the leaders are still blinded.

GS is looking out for rampers just as much as JH was when he foolishly came on this board.

10 years ago neither one of these two guys would have been found on the premises doing union work, as they had probably both rolled someone already and were at a bar collecting double time!

Here’s a short video sent to me by one of our union brothers in PHX . This is from todays rally .

Is it just me or is the temperature starting to rise !

Short video

well you have to bear in mind , these rallys are not work stoppages , the show must go on so to speak , so while we rally others are still working .

well you have to bear in mind , these rallys are not work stoppages , the show must go on so to speak , so while we rally others are still working .

I guess with the writers guild on strike it is tough to get good dialogue huh??? :up:

Anymore of those and Doug will demand a topout of $5.00 per hour! Somewhere Jimmy Hoffa is ashamed!
Dougie needs to start worrying about his own job at this point since the stock price is continuing to spiral downhill. The PHX rallies are great and are showing the rest of the system what solidarity looks like. The ramp should accept nothing less than $22hr.

Keep up the good job PHX. PHL will make a statement on the 5th.

Dougie needs to start worrying about his own job at this point since the stock price is continuing to spiral downhill. The PHX rallies are great and are showing the rest of the system what solidarity looks like. The ramp should accept nothing less than $22hr.

Keep up the good job PHX. PHL will make a statement on the 5th.
I agree, the stock price doesn't affect employees at all, it affects the investors who are losing millions and experiencing 'great pain'. Hemmingway is owned by the investors and for the stock price to rebound, Hemmingway will have to make the 'right' proposal to the Labor groups. Until then, screw the stock price and screw transition until Labor can finally be treated with dignity and respect. Leverage to Fleet service.

Remember, the 'juice' for the company is 'stock price'. With such a low stock price, the company leverage in negotiations is non existant since they have to enhance the price....that is why they are forced to negotiate now as opposed to waiting till 2009. Plus the industry is passing it by. In the meantime, the company's mishandled bag report for 2007 was even worse than 2006 which could mean there aren't alot of happy campers out there trying to go the extra mile and above and beyond for Parker.
$21hr, COC language, enhanced merger protections, complete snapbacks, no extension, all stations covered, 60 day rule eliminated. If not, see Hemmingway in 2010.

Meet the team running against Boss Canale and his yes men, Click here
regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, Chicago

I agree, the stock price doesn't affect employees at all, it affects the investors who are losing millions and experiencing 'great pain'.

This is true, but unfortunately for us at this time is the fact that that largest shareholders are Institutional Investors. Fidelity and Vanguard Mutual Funds own over 15 million shares alone In this manner LCC is buried in a hodgepodge of stocks, and the institutional investor is not going to tell Dougie what to do ala an investor like Warren Buffett. Because LCC lacks a large individual shareholder, they also will not hear from investor's with any meat to do this or to do that.

Here is a reason why having institutional shareholders is as good as having an absentee landlord:

The three biggest fund families--American Funds, Fidelity, and Vanguard--have the biggest rubber stamps. For example, Fidelity voted against 126 CSR resolutions and for not a single one in 2005. This past proxy season, Fidelity supported one single CSR resolution while opposing 124 to raise its support rate from 0 to 0.8 percent. Vanguard takes a slightly different tack to arrive at similarly low support rates--it abstains on almost all CSR votes, which effectively creates the same impact as against votes in rubber stamping management recommendations. The firm explains its rationale in the "corporate and social policy issues" section of its proxy voting guidelines.

"The Board generally believes that these are 'ordinary business matters' that are primarily the responsibility of management and should be evaluated and approved solely by the corporation's board of directors," states Vanguard. "Often, proposals may address concerns with which the Board philosophically agrees, but absent a compelling economic impact on shareholder value (e.g., proposals to require expensing of stock options), the funds will typically abstain from voting on these proposals."

In other words, mutual fund companies do what the company wants when it comes to voting in board decisions!

In other words, mutual fund companies do what the company wants when it comes to voting in board decisions!

Wow, those Mutual Fund companies sounds a lot like our Union. They do whatever the company wants. I know a few AGC's that talk a really good game, but have always been in it just for the money.

Too bad our Union learned only how to organize new members, but never learned how to SERVICE existing contracts nor negotiate contracts instead of just rubberstamping company preposals.

The investors are experiencing 'great pain' as the stock slides because of what Wall Street analyst say,
"They still have not been able to get the unions to agree on meshing seniority lists. They're still being run separately, and that's the big, overhanging problem right now from Wall Street's perspective," said analyst Derchin.

Parker's boy Canale [who can't put 4 words together] puts out his goofy negotiations update for Hemmingway and mentions the stock price in a negative way. Hey Randy, the stock price actually 'boost' the members leverage by forcing the company to the table, so stop with your B### S### fairy tales Canale. You will experience 'great pain' also as we kick you back up to management where you belong. If you were smart you would have retired so you could have at least got your 'iam watch'. In the meantime, you will also take down your whole slate with you....'soon enough'.

The Slate running to Kick out Parker's boy and his 'yes men' is linked below.

Click here The New Direction Slate

others who want to be a part of booting Parker's Boy and his yes men out can contact me at : [email protected]

The Bigger the turnout, the bigger the voice towards the company that fleet service is 'pissed off like hell at all the B### S####

regards,
Tim Nelson, Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

The investors are experiencing 'great pain' as the stock slides because of what Wall Street analyst say,
"They still have not been able to get the unions to agree on meshing seniority lists. They're still being run separately, and that's the big, overhanging problem right now from Wall Street's perspective," said analyst Derchin.

Parker's boy Canale [who can't put 4 words together] puts out his goofy negotiations update for Hemmingway and mentions the stock price in a negative way. Hey Randy, the stock price actually 'boost' the members leverage by forcing the company to the table, so stop with your B### S### fairy tales Canale. You will experience 'great pain' also as we kick you back up to management where you belong. If you were smart you would have retired so you could have at least got your 'iam watch'. In the meantime, you will also take down your whole slate with you....'soon enough'.

The Slate running to Kick out Parker's boy and his 'yes men' is linked below.

Click here The New Direction Slate

regards,
Tim Nelson, Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

if this is going to be our new leaders, why is the majority ua people? why dont we have more us people. to me it makes sense why dont we have us people up there and know what it is really like on the ramp and know the rampers. it just a thought

This is true, but unfortunately for us at this time is the fact that that largest shareholders are Institutional Investors. Fidelity and Vanguard Mutual Funds own over 15 million shares alone In this manner LCC is buried in a hodgepodge of stocks, and the institutional investor is not going to tell Dougie what to do ala an investor like Warren Buffett. Because LCC lacks a large individual shareholder, they also will not hear from investor's with any meat to do this or to do that.

Lets forget about the institutional investors and all other investors and concentrate on the stock price. As long as the stock stays low, USairways becomes a target for an Aquisition. Big difference. Do you think DP wants to be bought ? I dont think so. He wants to be King of the Hill and write this chapter in aviation history.
A higher stock price protects HIS investment in history. If he would just slam the gavel and be done with this nonsense, then History can be his. Sign some contracts and the stock price will improve.

I know he can do it, but there is something missing in this puzzle and I can't quite figure out what it is .........................

if this is going to be our new leaders, why is the majority ua people? why dont we have more us people. to me it makes sense why dont we have us people up ther and know what it is really like on the ramp and know the rampers. it just a thought
The amount of US AIRWAYS people [6] reflects the % of US AIRWAYS workers in the District. Further, we wanted to make sure that US West had 2 members on the slate, as opposed to only 1 on Boss Canale's ticket.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Lets forget about the institutional investors and all other investors and concentrate on the stock price. As long as the stock stays low, USairways becomes a target for an Aquisition. Big difference. Do you think DP wants to be bought ? I dont think so. He wants to be King of the Hill and write this chapter in aviation history.
A higher stock price protects HIS investment in history. If he would just slam the gavel and be done with this nonsense, then History can be his. Sign some contracts and the stock price will improve.

I know he can do it, but there is something missing in this puzzle and I can't quite figure out what it is .........................
Bingo!
Unfortunately, Goldenram, Parker's boy, and the rest of the Regime only care about investors, management, and their own wallets. They think Parker and Hemmingway have horns. When they talk about fleet service it's always in derogatory fashion saying they aren't worth industry standards. They will all be kicked out of office.....'soon enough.' Screw the stock price, screw transition, screw it all unless the masses get a contract that has dignity and respect.

The New District Officer Slate, click here

If you want to help out in your station to give 'Parker's boy' the boot then email me here: [email protected]

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.