More financial ratios
Earnings Estimates fyi
Qtr(6/08) EPS Estimate -1.27
FY(12/08) EPS Estimate -10.62
Current P/E 2.80
FY(12/09) EPS Estimate -10.22
Forward P/E -0.20
Next Earnings Release: July 22

If you look up above you will notice that US Airways has total shares outstanding of 92.1 million, a projected loss of -1.27 per share for the 2nd quarter, a projected loss of -10.62 per share for 2008 and a projected loss of -10.22 per share for 2009. This translates to a loss of $116,967,000 for the 2nd quarter, a loss of $978,102,000 for 2008 and a loss of $941,262,000 for 2009. Now, factor in that US Airways has $3,521,000,000 in total current assets of which $2,070,000,000 is cash and short-term investments. If fuel continues to cripple the airline industry and these losses continue US Airways would have plenty of cash. The total projected losses for 2008 and 2009 only total $1,919,364,000. Obviously no airline can continue down this path but US Airways is positioned just fine to make it through this tough time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not whistling dixie here but I'm not all doom and gloom either. What's going on with the pilots won't bring this airline down and if we file grievances that win monetary damages from this company it will still be ok.

Be strong and back your Union brothers and sisters everywhere!!

P. Rez

PREZ,
just remember 1 thing. PHX needs you more than YOU need them. YOU need to be the first and

next Grievance Chairman in PHX. I wish I could vote for you myself.

Freedom,
Don't get me wrong, I'm not whistling dixie here but I'm not all doom and gloom either. What's going on with the pilots won't bring this airline down and if we file grievances that win monetary damages from this company it will still be ok.

P. Rez
Freedom

I have a better idea. Introduce youself to Pat Rezler. Talk to him.

Maybe 99.9% of us are missing something????

PREZ,
just remember 1 thing. PHX needs you more than YOU need them. YOU need to be the first and

next Grievance Chairman in PHX. I wish I could vote for you myself.

Hey… “Oâ€â€¦

Cain’t we vote fer Freedom? We’ll elect ‘um chair of tha “Fool-Aid†committee!

Hey… “Oâ€â€¦

Cain’t we vote fer Freedom? We’ll elect ‘um chair of tha “Fool-Aid†committee!

Roa,
the day I vote for him will be the same day I start passing out Decertification Cards

cause that will be the day that true unionism is lost. He's nothing more then a company suck up .

that trys and play union boy. Well let me tell ya . Your either a UNION person or your not. He is

definetly NOT....

Hey Roa,
How bout Joe dirt dabbling in the stock market . hence read the other thread.

it scares me when people start relying on Dirt for stock advice. H*ll he doesn't even know where his

parents are. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Roa,

it scares me when people start relying on Dirt for stock advice. H*ll he doesn't even know where his

:lol: :eek: :shock:

Hey Roa,

Ouch "O".........Have been dabbling in it for years. How do you think I can afford gas for my Hemi.

BTW: I know where they are as a matter of fact you drove by their house a few weeks ago. Its the house across the crick with the school bus out front.

Freedom,

Fundamental Data
Debt/Equity Ratio 2.79
Gross Margin 11.47%
Net Profit Margin 1.06%
Total Shares Outstanding 92.1 Mil
Market Capitalization 264.28 Mil
Earnings/Share 0.90
StockScouter Rating 4

More financial ratios
Earnings Estimates fyi
Qtr(6/08) EPS Estimate -1.27
FY(12/08) EPS Estimate -10.62
Current P/E 2.80
FY(12/09) EPS Estimate -10.22
Forward P/E -0.20
Next Earnings Release: July 22

If you look up above you will notice that US Airways has total shares outstanding of 92.1 million, a projected loss of -1.27 per share for the 2nd quarter, a projected loss of -10.62 per share for 2008 and a projected loss of -10.22 per share for 2009. This translates to a loss of $116,967,000 for the 2nd quarter, a loss of $978,102,000 for 2008 and a loss of $941,262,000 for 2009. Now, factor in that US Airways has $3,521,000,000 in total current assets of which $2,070,000,000 is cash and short-term investments. If fuel continues to cripple the airline industry and these losses continue US Airways would have plenty of cash. The total projected losses for 2008 and 2009 only total $1,919,364,000. Obviously no airline can continue down this path but US Airways is positioned just fine to make it through this tough time.

P. Rez

I still predict large losses in the future , if I’m wrong , no harm done , if I’m right then we will be all the more better by limiting our losses ….

In my own mind I’ve closed the door for the pilots and FA’s as far as significant wage improvements .. I will not support either group in any activity that disrupts this companies workings … They had just as much time to get their house in order as we did , that they chose not to is their own problem …

I stand behind my union AND my company .

Just say no to increased union dues ….

BTW: I know where they are as a matter of fact you drove by their house a few weeks ago. Its the house across the crick with the school bus out front.

He probably couldn't see the bus through all the uncut grass :lol:

I still predict large losses in the future , if I’m wrong , no harm done , if I’m right then we will be all the more better by limiting our losses ….

So if you're right you were right, and if you were wrong it doesn't matter? Right...

In my own mind I’ve closed the door for the pilots and FA’s as far as significant wage improvements .. I will not support either group in any activity that disrupts this companies workings … They had just as much time to get their house in order as we did , that they chose not to is their own problem …

I haven't been following the other threads, but you can't close the bathroom door, let alone the door for other workgroups negotiations. You're just deluded. The second part of this quote here, well, if you had at least supported your own workgroup it might have had some value for you to say it. You don't so it didn't.

I stand behind my union AND my company .

You can't have it both ways. Standing WITH your Union will result in good for the Company in the long run. Happy employees with appropriate benefits give great morale and productivity. Standing with the Company (And I use "with" because I assume that's what yo uactually meant, unless you cower behind them) is standing with whatever generates a profit on paper. That means you stand with all the layoffs while the execs get bonuses. But hey, you got yours so it's all all right...

yeah, we are the lowest paid workgroup in the industry and we will be for the forseeable future thanks to drones like you. what an orderly house we have.

I can only imagine the disappointment of our hard working pilots and FA's knowing they don't have your support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back