IAM Fleet Service topic (Mini Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to chuckle as I picked up Randy's letter again.

He said the message of anger from the September rejection was received and delivered to Management. First off, Randy shouldn't be manufacturing that the message was anger. It wasn't. The message was that we wanted a fair agreement. That message has not been heard or delivered yet. Further, Randy sez we need to do what is best for our families and vote this in because of Skybus [never heard of them], 911, and the stock price went down. WTF?

But Randy fails to mention this company made $1 billion over two years. Parker just said last week we had the second best balance sheet in the industry. Management just got a 200% bonus plan for next year, Mechanics just got 30% pay raise [we got 16% if topped out otherwise about 9-10%], Continental just announced another pay raise, and United just won another pay raise last week.

Bottom line is Randy's letter is in deceit as he purposely talks 'gloom and doom' and down to people like you are stupid. This contract can't sell because it's the worse contract in the industry and Hell, it's worse than our first two bankrupt contracts so he tries to talk on the field to keep you focused off the scoreboard.

Although Randy will soon be removed, I pray that his last action of treason against the masses is not rewarded with a ratification that bounds us till 2016+.

You people deserve fairness but you have to stick tight and not come unraveled when the going gets tough. You gotta finish the goal of a fair contract and not settle for the industry worst contract. This decision should be easy for you since this contract isn't even close to what should be considered. On top of all this, a merger is coming and the worst thing anyone can do is vote in a horrific contract that will 'collar' you till United/American can't let it collar you anymore. And I doubt they share their profits with you.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

If Tim is wrong we could all be down multiple years of our lives , not to mention while we remain trapped in time , the rest of the world will continue on around us , with the prices of everything going up .. two weeks ago I remember gas at my station being 3.19 , this week it’s 3.25 …

Freedom,

Gas where I live is $3.79, and I am still voting no!

Both pilot sides agreed to USAPA, so now they begin their negotiations... Pilots always get what they want so that just leaves us left to deal with, right? More bargaining power for us, or am I just kidding myself?

I applaud the pilots for have the sense to stand up for their seniority rights. I just wish that canale had the decency to stand up for the ramp, and do what is right and fair for us. The pilots know how important seniority is. Those of you that are for this classification bullshit are going to find how important seniority is when AA or UA place you on the bottom of their seniorty list once we merge with one of them. Go over to AA and ask a TWA employee how were they treated by AA? I can just about guarantee that we are going to get the same treatment that they got. If we as ramp don't stand up for our seniority now, don't cry about it later.

Rogue

Fact: Canale sits on the UA BOD and has fiduciary responsibility to UA stockholders. That means he faces lawsuits and jail time if he does not act to maximize the value of UA stock. One sure way to do this is to bring a substandard long-term US contract over to UA.

Y'all have all seen the antipathy between labor and management in this country. Management has rolled thru the unions at steel, carmakers and airlines like Patton thru the Sicily. Why would they countenance a member of their arch-enemy amongst the clubbiest of all clubs, the BOD? Hummmm?

Fact: We have seen the legal obligation Canale has to US fleet - NADA.

Why on earth would you let an executive member of a merger partner negotiate your side of a contract?

Would you let any other member of UA executive row negotiate it for you?

If not, the why is Randy so special?

The Good Book says where your heart is, your treasure lies also.

Take a good look at the D141 Messenger and tell me where Randy's heart is.

It sure ain't with US fleet.

The fact this t/a even merits consideration tells you why the US brass are so bold. They've beat you down every time, and are coming back for more.

Why shouldn't they?

Urbff,
Huh?
Voting yes will eliminate 18 stations, minimum. Bottom line. Kindly defend your unclear conclusion.

I understand the 14 flight thingy you mention but you need to be more honest and instead of looking at the transition date like Randy points to, you ought to tell people the truth and point them to the 'drop dead' language at Dec 2011 which eliminates all 18 stations that fall below 28 flights. If you are a east sider then you alredy know that each station that has been 'called out' on a list like this has been gone 100% of the time. I think it's up to 60 stations gone now. Trust me, the company will make sure that they put a saturday schedule in there and a computer tally of all flights so they can contract out each station that Randy allowed them to.
Also, tell the truth about how the insourcing language has now been eliminated so that they go bye bye forever.

Those 18 stations are gone and they don't even know it. OTOH, this contract gets voted out, those stations are preserved and Hemenway can't get to them, just like he can't get to them now.

I know you say this contract saves jobs but I think Hemenway has other plans and that's the reason why he eliminated the strong language these 18 stations have. I'll go with Hemenway since he signed it and you didn't. he knows a thing or two why he did.

Please enlighten us on exactly how you are going to save these jobs? Does my eyes deceive me about this "Drop Dead" date of Dec 2011?

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim is indeed correct. One need look no further than the language Canale negotiated on page 122 of the 1999 FSA. There is a list of class I and class II stations.

With few exceptions (like DEN, SAN, etc where, due to the lack of transcontinental RJ's, US is forced to operate mainline metal) all of the class II stations were gone as of 2005.

And if you look at the class I's, a fair amount of them are gone, too. I'd guess the company wants to designate as many of them class II ASAP too.

Doug says the US balance sheet is the second strongest in the industry, and got a fair amount of y'all to concede?

If you vote this in, when he gets his next bonus: no pi$$ing and moaning from fleet allowed.

You took it out of your pocket and put it in his.

HELL go to iam141.org and click on United Airlines and then click on Usairways.............see any difference between the two pages...........UA has how the IAM is watching their backs with merger mania...........whats on the US page......Samo....samo....april 11 update............RC protecting UA from US

I SAID IT YESTERDAY AND NO ONE LISTENED
If the agc' had to live by this contract they would not be pushing it, the iam needs
to change thier wages and bennies to reflect the contract. Bottom line..................
the guy's telling you to vote for it wouldn't work under it, ask em would they work
under this contract.

PS. rc, next convention i'lL do your belly warmer?

Hey! We want to believe you guys with your years of experience, but you haven't yet convinced anyone West of the Mississippi that the CIC holds water. The pay scale and conditions look REALLY GOOD!

Try, as you might, the WEST is going for this TA!

I'm West, and West of the mighty Miss , but that doesn't mean I support a #### contract. Yes, the payscale is all right. But "REALLY GOOD" is a big stretch. The conditions are all right at BEST. Most are crap.

Don't get me wrong. I could REALLY use the money. Every arguement that can be made about how the West doesn't get enough I agree with. But we can get better, monetarily and with work rules. Outsourcing is uncalled for.

The "WEST" is not goign for this TA. Some of the West is, mostly the group in Phoenix that can't tell a local bag from an online connect.

To those of you that feel the need to vote yes,

You have been living under your current contract and making do for ex amount of time. Waiting one to two months more to see how this merger speculation plays out, isn't going to send you to the poor house. That is unless you are already there. Canalope and Hems-in-the-way say that this is it, no more. I say call that bet and put the pressure back on them. It's easy to let someone else make a decision, as they are trying to make us do. Call the bet and make them show their hand. Remember that they are surely under a time schedule to get certain things done that we aren't priviledged to know about. Let's put them in the hot seat for a change, by sending a no vote that will be heard throughout the USAir system!

Rogue

We have another problem with this vote....As of today there are about 2100 rampers that don't pay dues..mostly west employees and east employees hired in the past 3 years or so. By the rules THEY CAN'T VOTE. Who is going to enforce this? The jerkoff union bigwigs want these people to vote so this TA can go through. So how do we stop this??? This should tell you what kind of Union this is...they can't even get whats due to them from this company :down:

We have another problem with this vote....As of today there are about 2100 rampers that don't pay dues..mostly west employees and east employees hired in the past 3 years or so. By the rules THEY CAN'T VOTE. Who is going to enforce this? The jerkoff union bigwigs want these people to vote so this TA can go through. So how do we stop this??? This should tell you what kind of Union this is...they can't even get whats due to them from this company :down:

The last TA vote we had local officers doing dues check off. If you weren't current on your dues you could not vote until you paid up in full. Those of you out west that are voting no have to make sure this procedure is done. This will at least insure that those that are not eligible don't vote. If this is not done then we have grounds to get this vote nullified.

Oh dear Timmy, I am not meaning to mislead anyone at all! I hope to heavens that I haven't! It's like this. When this TA is voted in, we have some job protection for our, lets call them, less hub like, stations. Oddles more than that east contract would afford them. Which is where we will be if this doesn't go through! We all know Dougie's working hard right now on this pesky merger looming over us. Why what would make anyone think we will ever get to the Dec 2011 date? Why, we will be back in merger talks way before that. Let's put some money in our empty pockets, and take care of our brothers and sisters right now and vote YES just like everyone else will!

Precisely… my frilly friend…

We will be in Transition Talks again soon…way before 2011, with intact COC language in our Current Agreement!

That is why we are not about to give up our COC language for peanuts.

We (Fleet) will accomplish this goal, by voting NO on this T/A…followed closely by voting y’all out in June! It's gonna be ahh... one.. two... punch combination!

Tell your buddy… Mr. Canale that for me please.

P.S. Ms. Shocker (urbff)…you’re eventually gonna use up all the IAM email addresses to create accounts in here!

The last TA vote we had local officers doing dues check off. If you weren't current on your dues you could not vote until you paid up in full. Those of you out west that are voting no have to make sure this procedure is done. This will at least insure that those that are not eligible don't vote. If this is not done then we have grounds to get this vote nullified.
We dont have the resources to get this vote nullified on the assumption that non-dues payors were voting. I don't think it is going to matter though since this appears to be a big No vote. I just got an email this morning that was very encouraging from a Local leader who was originally going to push his station for a yes vote until he found out that the District can't force his station into the east contract. That station just flipped like a pancake to a big No.

Over the next 3 weeks we will try to get a 90% no vote.

Remember, this contract sux because you have a United Airline Executive/Board member that negotiated your side of the agreement. But the good news is that Randy Canale is going to be removed in June and a District transition team will be established and the Lame Duck will not be asked back to negotiations, we'll kick his a$$ back up to the United Board where that punk belongs.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Fact: Canale sits on the UA BOD and has fiduciary responsibility to UA stockholders. That means he faces lawsuits and jail time if he does not act to maximize the value of UA stock. One sure way to do this is to bring a substandard long-term US contract over to UA.

Y'all have all seen the antipathy between labor and management in this country. Management has rolled thru the unions at steel, carmakers and airlines like Patton thru the Sicily. Why would they countenance a member of their arch-enemy amongst the clubbiest of all clubs, the BOD? Hummmm?

Fact: We have seen the legal obligation Canale has to US fleet - NADA.

Why on earth would you let an executive member of a merger partner negotiate your side of a contract?

Would you let any other member of UA executive row negotiate it for you?

If not, the why is Randy so special?

The Good Book says where your heart is, your treasure lies also.

Take a good look at the D141 Messenger and tell me where Randy's heart is.

It sure ain't with US fleet.

The fact this t/a even merits consideration tells you why the US brass are so bold. They've beat you down every time, and are coming back for more.

Why shouldn't they?

Spot on my friend! This is ALL very politically motivated and not EVEN about whether Fleet gets a T.A. or not. It is worded to protect and reward people who don't even throw bags for a living. The silver lining affects nobody in Fleet, but the Henchman at the top of the union ladder. That should be enough to INFURIATE the 7700 Fleet service workers at USAirways.

Oh dear Timmy, I am not meaning to mislead anyone at all! I hope to heavens that I haven't! It's like this. When this TA is voted in, we have some job protection for our, lets call them, less hub like, stations. Oddles more than that east contract would afford them. Which is where we will be if this doesn't go through! We all know Dougie's working hard right now on this pesky merger looming over us. Why what would make anyone think we will ever get to the Dec 2011 date? Why, we will be back in merger talks way before that. Let's put some money in our empty pockets, and take care of our brothers and sisters right now and vote YES just like everyone else will!
I'm still waiting for you to share with us all how the west can be forced into the east contract? Please enlighten us because I'm coming out with a real nice flyer that shows MR, RR that they are full of crap. Randy Canale doesn't have the authority to force the west into the east contract and you know that. Nobody is going to be forcing anything except Randy out of office....soon enough.

In the meantime, this nasty deal needs to be shelved since the merger is going to happen. Fleet has to start preparing for that as opposed to locking themselves in till 2016. No way in hell will you be able to convince anyone that United/American will be friendly enough to open up this rag contract. It's the best contract that management has ever seen and United's own Board member Randy Canale wants to deliver it to them on a silver platter. Also, try convincing anyone that you're idea that United will be a 'nice fella' and allow US AIRWAYS fleet to share in its profit sharing. Good luck with that one my friend. But please answer my question I posed to you so this discussion about forcing the west into the east contract can be furthered. And does use rhetoric, kindly cite documents like I will.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.