IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not talked to anyone in LAS but I would guess that after the announcement that they are no longer a hub and the threats from Canale that he would put the west under the BK east Contract, I would say they are a yes. Under that BK contract they would quite possibly be a class 2 station. Canale called Dougie and told him he needed more yes votes so Dougie obliged and made the announcement.

????????? Anyone in LAS disputing this?????

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Not so fast,

The west is protected by the TWU contract. Maybe you did not read the IAM contract very well.

Article 3. B. 2. © under Class II Stations:

© Class II Stations established after April 5, 1999, may
be outsourced without restrictions.

LAS is not a protected station under the T/A. It is not even covered until 2011. They can be SOL Express workers without the protection we want included in the T/A.

????????? Anyone in LAS reading this?????

P.REZ
It don't matter if a station is called a hub or not. What matters is strictly the number of flights a week. The term hub is not used in our CBA.

16 1. Class I stations shall be those stations that have one
17 hundred forty (140) or more mainline scheduled jet
18 departures weekly.

JoeDirt,

P.REZ
It don't matter if a station is called a hub or not. What matters is strictly the number of flights a week. The term hub is not used in our CBA.

16 1. Class I stations shall be those stations that have one
17 hundred forty (140) or more mainline scheduled jet
18 departures weekly.

My point was that they might be scared and I think by the time all the cuts come in, no way will they have 140 flights a week.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Update: Randy Canale

Parker's boy had an audience in JAX which supports this contract even though they are a non-covered fleet station with UA.

Boss Canale knows this contract is facing a serious battle that he didn't anticipate so he is flying all over to try to gain support that he thought the contract had. He flew to LAS to try to convince them to 'walk like PHX' but LAS isn't PHX.
He was treated rudely but appropriately at the LAS local which gave him hell. He also flew to ORD but since he was blasted with profanities by the 'breakroom entire' he decided to 'take a pass' on visiting any ORD breakrooms this time. That was a smart idea on his part. Also, he went to PHL and he was told he would not be welcomed in any breakroom in PHL and that 'all hell would break loose' if he set foot in any PHL breakroom. CLT been trying to get him to visit the 'boys' down there....they wannna 'get'm some' of Randy like ORD did and feel left out.

Not to be rude, but other than PHX, I'm not sure what hub Parker's boy can go and not be 'bit## slapped'.

Randy should have retired so he could get his 'IAM watch' instead of dooming his whole ticket. We will be coming for Randy in June and he will be removed from office.....soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Tim, exactly when and by whom was Randy allegedly told these things. I have not heard that at all. I think your team here in philly is so very busy trying to impress you that some things get seriously fabricated. I would recheck all of the info you are getting to see if in fact it is correct. Also as i stated before, i dont believe that the vote is anywhere near a landslide for either . i heard at the local the other day they had less than 40 people show up to voice any displeasures. I believe these numbers to be correct because i spoke to someone who went to the morning meeting and was told less than 10 people showed up. An afternoon attendee told me there was about 25-30 at that one.

This TA wreaks of shadyness... The company knows that when they will merge there will be much more money in profits with reduced competition. No way am I going to vote in some cost nuetral contract that will always keep us 2 steps behind forever. Company needs to offer a fair agreement for everyone to move forward. US Airways thinks they can play everyone as a fool from its customers to the employees.

This TA wreaks of shadyness... The company knows that when they will merge there will be much more money in profits with reduced competition. No way am I going to vote in some cost nuetral contract that will always keep us 2 steps behind forever. Company needs to offer a fair agreement for everyone to move forward. US Airways thinks they can play everyone as a fool from its customers to the employees.
I agree BM there are too many contradictions.

{so on and so forth}

I think that is incorrect thinking to suggest that Solidarity is getting everyone on the same pay scale. Delta has everyone at the same pay scale don't they? In solidarity I mean everyone sticking together, today, and tomorrow, regardless of our differences. I think we are there because all of the leaders are on the same page from coast to coast. Some of the PHX rank and file I'm worried about but I think things will work out.
On a wider scale, our solidarity runs deep with United now also. We are on the verge of bringing this District back to the members.

regards,
Tim Nelson

It's incorrect to suggest that we not get on the same payscale ????THEN WHY AM I PART OF THIS UNION ??? so that others doing the exact same job as i am , under the same conditions can make more and i can make less????? THANK YOU UNION , THANK YOU!

2ndly ,why don't you think we WOULDN'T pack it in ? i've been to just about every rally and or protest , and i can tell you now , i'm not going to fight for you ... do you understand ? do you hear me ? Why would i dedicate a second more of my life to fight for your hopeless cause ?? I honestly think that you folks in the NO vote want things that are so unrealistic they will never come to pass … I’m not going to give up my free time for goals that I don’t believe are attainable , not to even mention the fact that when we were protesting and fighting this company , none of you did anything …

So YES , I WILL pack it in and go home ….

I’ve told you time and time again , and I’m tired of telling you why you should vote for this …

1. The United States economy is in a downward spiral

2. Our company lost 250 million dollars in the first quarter of this year and is projected to continue to lose money throughout the year .

3. The price of oil is around or above 115 dollars a barrel , will it continue to go higher? I hope not …

4.Our union membership is weak , you guys talk a good game , but in the years in which we had to get a new TA , PHX was the only station that asserted true union STRENGTH .

5 The CHANGE OF CONTROL was lost .. We now have that “lesser†contract I told you all about .

6. In any merger with UNITED , hundreds possibly thousands of our fleet service brothers and sisters may lose their jobs , how many will fall to the 60 day rule I cannot say or guess …

Do you want me to keep going on with REALITY ? I shouldn’t have to keep telling you what’s obvious!

Rat tales,

Not so fast,

The west is protected by the TWU contract. Maybe you did not read the IAM contract very well.

LAS is not a protected station under the T/A. It is not even covered until 2011. They can be SOL Express workers without the protection we want included in the T/A.

My point is if we were put under the east BK contract illegally, LAS might be scared into a yes vote because they are class 1 now under TA minus any cuts. I wasn't looking at LAS from your angle but I see under Article 3 B. 2. © Stations established after April 5, 1999, may be outsourced without restrictions. I believe that LAS has been a station on the east since before 1999. After cuts, if they are deep enough they would be a class II station still if we were put under the BK contract illegally and that would mean $15.60 top out.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Tim, exactly when and by whom was Randy allegedly told these things. I have not heard that at all. I think your team here in philly is so very busy trying to impress you that some things get seriously fabricated. I would recheck all of the info you are getting to see if in fact it is correct. Also as i stated before, i dont believe that the vote is anywhere near a landslide for either . i heard at the local the other day they had less than 40 people show up to voice any displeasures. I believe these numbers to be correct because i spoke to someone who went to the morning meeting and was told less than 10 people showed up. An afternoon attendee told me there was about 25-30 at that one.
At this point your opinion is as valid as mine so only time will tell.
I think it might be a good idea for Boss Canale to gage the PHL support himself by visiting the PHL breakrooms.

When he came to ORD, he introduced himself in the ORD breakrooms at zone 4 as "The United Airline Board of Director." This is a fact. Never addressed them as the President and General Chair of DL 141. What union guy would start off by introducing himself as a Board of Director?

regards,
Tim Nelson

Rat tales,

Not so fast,

My point is if we were put under the east BK contract illegally, LAS might be scared into a yes vote because they are class 1 now under TA minus any cuts. I wasn't looking at LAS from your angle but I see under Article 3 B. 2. © Stations established after April 5, 1999, may be outsourced without restrictions. I believe that LAS has been a station on the east since before 1999. After cuts, if they are deep enough they would be a class II station still if we were put under the BK contract illegally and that would mean $15.60 top out.

Respectfully,

P. REZ
P Rez, i think you need to call LAS. Canale clarified that he wouldn't just throw the west under the east contract, negotiations would have to take place, and also that the INTL would have some say so in this. He mentioned these things at the LAS Local. As I've told people, Canale wouldn't do that anyways, but some are running their mouths spreading fear and deceit that he would. I know you agree that he wouldn't do it either but RR sure is spreading the smoke on this item.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim,

P Rez, i think you need to call LAS. Canale clarified that he wouldn't just throw the west under the east contract, negotiations would have to take place, and also that the INTL would have some say so in this. He mentioned these things at the LAS Local. As I've told people, Canale wouldn't do that anyways, but some are running their mouths spreading fear and deceit that he would. I know you agree that he wouldn't do it either but RR sure is spreading the smoke on this item.

I am saying that as a scare tactic it is being said that we will be thrown under the east BK contract and even if they are retracting it now, the damage is done. My point was that LAS may very well be a yes vote from all of this latest rhetoric.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Freedom please get off your protest and rally high horse they were having Christmas day sick call ins in PHL before anyone had ever heard of HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts