IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were pretty quiet about when Canale let Armedio intimidate members or when Canale kept Armedio on the payroll after the Philly beatings.

Biased much?

No I was not, I dont condone violence, and just said until they are convicted they are innocent, isnt that the way the American Justice system works?

And for the record, I dont like Arms, he sold out his fellow fleet brothers and sisters, and Canale let him do it.

The merger should be the focus.

A yes vote sez, "I don't want a voice, I want to be silenced, and I don't want to be a player at the table for the next decade.

A No vote sez, "I want to participate in this merger and not sign any deal that 'locks me in without a voice'. United will have to deal with us if this gets shot down. That may be through Hemenway or someone else, depending on how quick things go.

At any rate, IMO, the cannons are pointed at PHX, LAS, and the west as far as the vast majority of layoffs go. All media reports are saying that reduced capacity is what will drive this merger. Mergers are bad news for workers, and real bad news for workers who hose themselves and give up all their protections for wage bait.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Why TIM i thought a few weeks ago you were saying that without fleet voting this contract in there could be NO merger ?????

BTW your joey page , it still doesn't have a link under "if we vote this down what do we do next " gee when will you finish that ? AFTER we vote ? that's informative .

Why do you continue with scare tactics....you have no idea what's going to happen. If these stns are going to fall they better take the 3 years of protection now.....b/c when they roll into the east BK contract those cities may be going a lot sooner.

Let's stop spinning this T/A into whatever angle that you're currently working.
These are not scare tatics Tim knows his stuff when it comes to dealing with this garbage. I guess you have no problem with this POS the company calls a TA when it doesnt have the COC; has the 60 day rule which should have never been put into place, the worst sick pay vacation, etc. All you got to do is look at UAL contract and see that US Fleet should have something similar Heck, look at how nonunion DL and CO are treating their employees---WITH RESPECT and RAISES. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE why US cant do the same or similar. ITs not hard at all.

As for Armidio he could have stood up to canarybird but he refused to do so

actually I don't recall him saying that why don't you see if you can find it

Why TIM i thought a few weeks ago you were saying that without fleet voting this contract in there could be NO merger ?????

BTW your joey page , it still doesn't have a link under "if we vote this down what do we do next " gee when will you finish that ? AFTER we vote ? that's informative .
Take it easy Freedom. Freedom, don't give away my plan of concluding the 'right' information directly before the vote. I'll be putting our the information....soon enough.

Fleet service can't hold up an actual merger. But it can hold up transition and be a participant at the table as opposed to being silenced for the next decade.

I suggest that once this contract is voted out that you follow your leaders and don't further isolate PHX with your comments about how PHX is through with everything if this is voted out. IMO, PRez, shoe, will be credible leaders to listen to. Likewise, if this is voted in, I will have no problem moving forward and keeping everything solid. In any case, with a merger, there will be alot of unfinished business and PHX will be needed to participate with the whole.

Separately, and nothing to do with this contract vote, I was told that if fleet goes under the United contract that US AIRWAYS fleet service would revert to the UA IAM Pension plan schedule which is horrible. I certainly hope that is not the case but with Canale anything bad is possible.

regards,
Tim Nelson

These are not scare tatics Tim knows his stuff when it comes to dealing with this garbage. I guess you have no problem with this POS the company calls a TA when it doesnt have the COC; has the 60 day rule which should have never been put into place, the worst sick pay vacation, etc. All you got to do is look at UAL contract and see that US Fleet should have something similar Heck, look at how nonunion DL and CO are treating their employees---WITH RESPECT and RAISES. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE why US cant do the same or similar. ITs not hard at all.

As for Armidio he could have stood up to canarybird but he refused to do so
Thanks for the kind words robbedagain. You are correct, pointing to the scoreboard isn't a scare tactic. Unfortunately, I wish I was incorrect when I say fleet will have the worse vacation, worse sick policy, worse medical contribution, worse holiday pay [insert NONE here], and the wage will guarantee that fleet will make Continental's 2008 wages in 2012.
Unfortunately, and more importantly, fleet service will be silenced until 2016 by a United airline merger if fleet service 'locks itself in' with Canale's agreement that is just 'what the doctor [insert United] ordered."

So far not one YES voter has even attempted to dispute that this contract is the worse contract in the entire industry. There is no solidarity in a yes vote. Solidarity means fighting for what is fair and right, NOT throwing justice under the bus for no convincing reason.

The only scare tactic is the one Giantsfan just posted about the west being rolled into the east and all the west stations being gone. Giants fan needs to contact the LAS Local because Canale has retracted from those remarks and now is admitted at the LAS local that Gaintsfan scenerio is unlikely and improbable.

regards,
Tim Nelson

There is no solidarity in a yes vote. Solidarity means fighting for what is fair and right, NOT throwing justice under the bus for no convincing reason.

regards,
Tim Nelson

How can you say that? Bringing ALL FLEET under one contract, eliminating the two payscales, and bringing the west up to the east....that's not solidarity???

If freedom is correct, and I believe 100% he is, and PHX is a YES vote but CLT votes no and overrides PHX...how in the world is that SOLIDARITY?

Or is that YOUR version of solidairty? Getting EVERYONE on the same playing filed is SOLIDARITY.

Sounds like you are stalking him and making threats.

The masters of scare tactics is our very own IAM !

Let’s see…holdin’ up ahh Merger…bankrupting the Company…making the Company non-completive with Low Fare Carriers…you must take this agreement to live to fight another day… think about yer brothers out West… etc… etc… so forth and so on…

I’ve been listing’ to all the IAM propaganda for over ahh year now. You guys are good!
Actually, better’n tha Company! Only recently as District Force, even alluded to his actual position with the Union. Before he would simply drop propaganda bombs in here anonymously… and then run…without explanation… in veiled attempts to interrupt our solidarity!

As far Canale comin’ tahh CLT.. I’d love to see it! I’d buy ahh ticket!

As far Canale comin’ tahh CLT.. I’d love to see it! I’d buy ahh ticket!

That will never happen rb. Canoli dosen't have the cajones to even go to PHL. Although if he gets brave, I'll be calling you, Oman, Joedirt, and the rest of the boys to get me a good seat for the show! :up:

But all canoli likes to do is be the man behind the curtain, the great and powerfull oz. And just like the wizard, he was found out. :lol: :lol:

We will see how great and powerfull he is come June!

Well NW and DL are giving their employees raises just to keep them loyal and so they don't complain and protest when they are getting grilled by the politics.

You know what, though? So what?

We were promised that the merger would be beneficial, and look at us now... NOTHING!

So Freebom

If this TA is voted in, and is exteneded till 2011 or beyond, and UA goes into NEG in 2009 or so, and if THEY entertain SEC 6 till mediation COOLING off, and they call a strike vote and excersise it....................WILL YOU HONOR THAT STRIKE?...............700 or anyone else.......don't give me the deal that the President can squash it.........................You have to realize that there is still 1/2 of the new FS that is still NOT IN NEG because they voted for a contract till 2011..........

IF the answer is YES then what have you gained by being locked in and used as Leverage by the company against your fellow workers.......NADA....NOTHING.......

If the answer is NO?......well you guys answer that. Can't you see the cycle will repeat its self again. The company is playing us for pawns in a merger having split Negotiations.......................................

I'LL MAKE MY STAND HERE AND NOW!

BTW....That scenario wasn't mine freedom, it was DF who came up with that probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.