IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it out!

You are Doug Parker!!!!

It all makes sense now...the drunken inspired rants...the push to vote yes...you wont get a penny more in this economy... why didnt you just come out and tell us? we would have understood.

DoUgIe......WELCOME TO THE BOARD

thx cltrat

Hahaha I would actually take that as a compliment …. That man’s damn smart …

This is where I break with the super majority of workers at our airline … alot of you dislike the guy …. I don’t … he’s got good future vision and a pair of brass balls

Remember the town halls where he comes around and tells you TO YOUR FACE , “no raise today !â€

You guys do realize that without his leadership both our airlines probably would have gone under right ?

Look I HATE being poor , … but what am I going to do eh ? That’s his job , he’s got to keep the airline running on time and in a cost effective manner . I’d say he does his job well , and I don’t think he’s particularly cruel about doing it .

Does he make a lot of money ? Yeah he does , but so do sports athletes , I don’t see the world up in arms over those guys …

So in conclusion I’d like to have a long future of working in this company , and with that in mind , I want the best leadership possible so that we don’t go out of business in these VERY turbulent times .

Hahaha I would actually take that as a compliment …. That man’s damn smart …

This is where I break with the super majority of workers at our airline … alot of you dislike the guy …. I don’t … he’s got good future vision and a pair of brass balls

Remember the town halls where he comes around and tells you TO YOUR FACE , “no raise today !â€

You guys do realize that without his leadership both our airlines probably would have gone under right ?

Look I HATE being poor , … but what am I going to do eh ? That’s his job , he’s got to keep the airline running on time and in a cost effective manner . I’d say he does his job well , and I don’t think he’s particularly cruel about doing it .

Does he make a lot of money ? Yeah he does , but so do sports athletes , I don’t see the world up in arms over those guys …

So in conclusion I’d like to have a long future of working in this company , and with that in mind , I want the best leadership possible so that we don’t go out of business in these VERY turbulent times .

Thank you freedom,

You have accomplished in one statement what others have have worked on for quite a while. Fleet workers around the system have flipped their YES to a HELL NO.

New Campaign

VOTE NO FOR FREEDOM!

you see IF we vote this IN , the SIXTY DAY RULE , it goes AWAY ! no more of your east coast brothers and sisters can be harmed by it , AND with an upcoming MERGER , what do you think is going to happen ? The people who have fallen to it are already SOL , why don't you work on protecting the ones you have left .

If this POS TA goes thru the 60 day rule doesnt go away. IT APPLIES to the west folks whose stations are on the Chopping block. And if you think LAS will be tossed from its hub position, think again because that is what the outfit said about PIT a few yrs ago. And then there are more members out the door. That 60 day rule in short term DOESNT GO AWAY Instead, it is intended on ensuring that more members are kicked out. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE that FLEET HAS TO HAVE IT WHEN OTHER LABOR GROUPS DO NOT HAVE IT.

No I was not, I dont condone violence, and just said until they are convicted they are innocent, isnt that the way the American Justice system works?

And for the record, I dont like Arms, he sold out his fellow fleet brothers and sisters, and Canale let him do it.

I'm glad you feel that way. Wouldn't you agree that is enough basis to vote Canale and his regime out?

Guys, why do all of you continue to debate Freedom ? I can appericate his passion & I'm sure he is a nice guy, but his mind is made up as ours is. We have our NO vote left.

Coach...I agree. Although freedom speaks for a lot of yes voters who aren't on this board and just lurk.

I give him a lot of credit.....he kinda reminds me of my G-men.....they took a lot of shots but still came out on top!!! :up:

You go freedom...keep fighting the good fight for all of us YES voters!

He needs no invite, he's the President and Directing Chair. I know you folks down there are just 'good ole boys' that will show him such good southern hospitality.

BTW, I'll be down there in June for a visit, where is the best BBQ now? I personally wouldn't be opposed to some good home cooked BBQ cooking if I can steal a free meal while I'm down there. Wouldn't be opposed to some 'free drinks' also.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Tim…

Let us know when yer cummin’! Your BBQ… and cold ones are on me!
I’ll get tha other boy’s together…we’ll have ahh throw down!

Redeye… PJ…O-Man… Dirt…Ya’ll in ?

By the way… isn’t there sumthin’ else goin’ on in June?

Git-R-Done !

Urbnf: I think your wrong about the west into the east thing. When
pushed on the subject all union officials back off of the subject.
Did you not read P. REZ's post that originally the company offered this
but the union turned it down, do mainly to the outsourcing language.

Unless it were voted on, it would be open to legal challenges from many in
the west who would be adversely affected.

Baggy,

I did read P.REZ's post. I try, and try not to harbor ill will Sugar, I know it's wrong, but I still have some issues with that man. I won't speak poorly of him here, but at the self imposed end of his TWU dictatorship I was left with many thoughts, none very nice. I just feel that things very could have turned out much better for all of us involved had he not been so self absorbed, with his personal agenda. Perhaps the same thing is happening again. People get so manipulative when they think they have a chance to grab the golden ring. Needless to say I don't put much into his posts.

Baggy Sweetheart, I'd hate to see you throw yourself in front of a freight train racing down the tracks thinking you could stop it. That's the same as thinking, fleet could stop this merger racing down on us. COC/CIC didn't work. Dougie's legal team is too smart to let that work in the future. We need to move on. Why Honey, there's nothing we can do as a group to stop it. It's just silly to think we could. We need to jump on the TA train and protect as many of our darling brothers and sisters as we can. If we slide right into that ugly east contract it will be mayhem. Honey, people will be out of work left and right. We west siders would be giving up vacation, holidays, double time, job protection, jobs, Darling, should I even go on? Jobs right there is enough to say yes to this. There is more, but I'm enjoying my coffee too much to get up and find my contract, it's too early to go looking for it right now. Everyone is gaining something with this TA, both sides. If we just accept that nasty east contract, we will never get any of that back! We both know that. Sugar Dumpling, why would we sacrifice these precious things we can all gain something? It all goes back to P.REZ, who by the way, I have to wonder...is his name on here short for his name, or his old title to which he desires to hang on to so dearly and remind himself that at one time he was someone of importance? Anyway Sugar, back to my point, are all these people on here only out to gain something for themselves, or are they truly good union members looking out for the group as a whole? I worry about that Honey. How many of these guys are really just trying to promote their political agenda in a thinly veiled fashion?

Baggy, If that freight train where to pop off your head when it hit you, I bet your family would challenge it legally and say the train was moving too fast. If they won, would you be whole again? Would you come back to life with your head back on and go back to living your life just as before? Sugar, you know that can't happen. That's the same as saying if the company put us under the east contract and 1,200 people lost there jobs, others lost vacation, holidays, disability, double time, etc, immediately, that it would be challenged legally. That would take years Baggy. Peoples lives would be forever changed. Section six would have opened up before it gets anywhere and the IAM would offer to drop the case in favor of a 50 cent raise. We need to avoid that whole ugly mess and move forward in a positive direction while we can with out people loosing their heads, and gain some money at the same time!

actually urbff even if P rez and I disagree on the way the way to vote he is well respected by me and most in here you on the other I pay no attention to as I think many feel the same

If this POS TA goes thru the 60 day rule doesnt go away. IT APPLIES to the west folks whose stations are on the Chopping block. And if you think LAS will be tossed from its hub position, think again because that is what the outfit said about PIT a few yrs ago. And then there are more members out the door. That 60 day rule in short term DOESNT GO AWAY Instead, it is intended on ensuring that more members are kicked out. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE that FLEET HAS TO HAVE IT WHEN OTHER LABOR GROUPS DO NOT HAVE IT.

View attachment 7498

actually urbff even if P rez and I disagree on the way the way to vote he is well respected by me and most in here you on the other I pay no attention to as I think many feel the same

Rat Honey, No ill will towards you, but your New Direction Team, at the bottom of your posts says it all right there and proves my point so perfectly. Thanks Darlin'

Oh, Rat Honey, one more thing of note, Please don't think that I'm saying I'm voting for the old guys, cause I just don't know yet! There's just so many yummy guys to pick from! Thanks again!

Rat Honey, No ill will towards you, but your New Direction Team, at the bottom of your posts says it all right there and proves my point so perfectly. Thanks Darlin'
okay Honey tell Randy hello when he wakes up and to enjoy his long vacation after June

The company wants you to vote for this because they want to keep our ( UA and US ) negotiations separated for as long as they can and not have to NEG all the contracts together in 09. Accept this TA and we will be the dividing line in the sand when a merger happens and we all will have to make a difficult choice when UA Negotiates their contract!!!!!! It will be Deja Vu or possible work action. Vote NO and walk together in negotiations with UA in 2009........

Which do you think is the stronger position to be in....????????

Transition employees to Amend Contracts ??

or

Amend Contracts and Transition Employees ??

Finally…

Somebody besides… Tim…Me… O-Man… Dirt …etc…

Actually get it !

What a wonderful perspective to view “reality†from!

Freedom, since your current catch word is reality…the reality is… that this POS T/A will clearly define, and commit this Fleet Group to the worst CBA in the industry.
At the same time it will prevent us from becoming a bargaining factor in the UA/US combination.

Ask, your buddy Distract Farce…even he has admitted this to be the case!

And Freedom…I can’t read your post anymore they are like a broken record…just the same words recycled over and over…you have made your point…we understand your position. We ain’t changin’ our minds…let it GO!

P.S , you want me to get off my horse? HA, I think not , it’s a much better view up here , I can see a lot further than you , like for instance the time you all thought you were going to win the change of control , and I told you that you wouldn’t …. and then you didn’t …

Freedom I know a little about horses and the problem is that when you ride in the saddle backwards the only thing you see is the horses ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.