IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCHIZOPHRENIA IN THE IAM?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone out there wonder why the IAM just bent over backwards to push through two US Airways Agreements (F/S&M/R) that clearly were designed to remove all language obstacles, that may have served as legal stumbling blocks, to any future Mergers, or Acquisitions with other carriers? And now…why is the IAM clearly on the record denouncing Mergers as non-beneficial to the Membership?

Hmmmm… let’s evaluate this.

Remember the IAM 141 Officer… District Force… that kept posting in here, that we (Fleet) absolutely needed this Transition Agreement, to facilitate any Merger with United… and that it was essential that we Merge, or perish?

Now… click on this link and read for yourself, the opposition the IAM is now…throwing up against a Merger. http://www.iam141.org/Airline_Mergers.htm

Are you dumbfounded? I have suspicion that several items have come into play to spawn this “about-face†posture from the IAM.

Item one: As you know, the Tentative Agreement has now been ratified. The coast is now clear for the Company to pursue a Merger, without the inconvenience of IAM contractual interference.

Item two: Now…why would the IAM do a complete flip, and now oppose any Merger? I feel, there are two reasons…the first being that resistance, or posturing to that affect, sends a message to the Company that the IAM can, and will hold up…or make a Merger more difficult, and costly to complete. Now, why would the IAM do this? The answer is to place additional pressures on the Company to seek labor accord, prior to any integration scenarios. This can be seen with the current talks among Pilot Groups at Northwest, and Delta. If this is the case, my accolades to the IAM for playing your hand.

Item three: It just so coincidently works in the favor of the IAM, to assume this defensive stature… especially now… after the ratification of our Tentative Agreement. When this Merger with United finally takes place, they (IAM) will be able to sit back, and shrug their shoulders when the inevitable Merger generated job losses transpire.

I can envision, post merger communications from the IAM that will go like this…â€We’re Sorry… We fought against this Industry Consolidation!†We knew it would result in Job Losses!†In other words… it gets them off the hook when the axe falls! In addition, the IAM stands to gain the entire Maintenance workforce on the United side… and the entire Customer Service workforce on the US side, when this Merger is finally consummated!

Let’s take the initiative to change our Union from within! We pay our hard earned dues… so… let’s pursue the much needed transparency from the IAM!

Do we have times yet for when Rich and laura will be in town.

Attention CLT HERE is your chance to hear what the candidates have to say and WHAT and WHO they stand for .

sidenote: Does anyone know when Canale and his running chums will be coming to CLT .

We are working on the times now. Should have them by Friday morning. Everywhere Rich has gone, he has been refreshing and uplifting to the members. It's good that the members [espeically those new to unions] see a real Union Man who doesn't talk down to them when speaking. About a month ago, the report in ORD was that Canale was over in the ORD United breakrooms painting 'gloom and doom' scenerios and then telling workers he needs their solidarity. Almost like the members are his bit$$ that he continually bit&& Slaps and then after he kicks her to the ground, lends his hand and tries to help her up...only to kick her into submission again. Alex G and Joey B were contacted and went there and basically ran Canale out of the place, otherwise, IMO the members were going to take care of it the old fashion way.

What a clown. We are coming for him.....soon enough.

Vote Delaney
Vote in a New Direction

The Two faces of Randy Canale

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Here is my speculation play on why the US/UA merger announcement has been delayed.

You can't file bankruptcy papers over night.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

remember until transition date . may 31 . some things in our OLD contract still apply . I don't think you will see any official

announcement until after transition date.

roa,
so what your saying is that Randy Can't fight for members in NEG but after WE are under contract , Then HE comes out

and tries to act like our advocates and wants to FIGHT For us. So in essence the B*lls less Randy waits until HE can't fight to

start the we aren't going to take this anymore but gee your undercontract so there's not much I can do. remember the membership

ratified this contract . sorry boys I tried.

HOW many times do we have to hear the same broken record.

roa,
so what your saying is that Randy Can't fight for members in NEG but after WE are under contract , Then HE comes out

and tries to act like our advocates and wants to FIGHT For us. So in essence the B*lls less Randy waits until HE can't fight to

start the we aren't going to take this anymore but gee your undercontract so there's not much I can do. remember the membership

ratified this contract . sorry boys I tried.

HOW many times do we have to hear the same broken record.

Yahhh hit it on tha head "O" !!

In essence… that is exactly whut I’m sayin’!

Yew ready fer tha throw down?

SCHIZOPHRENIA IN THE IAM?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone out there wonder why the IAM just bent over backwards to push through two US Airways Agreements (F/S&M/R) that clearly were designed to remove all language obstacles, that may have served as legal stumbling blocks, to any future Mergers, or Acquisitions with other carriers? And now…why is the IAM clearly on the record denouncing Mergers as non-beneficial to the Membership?

Hmmmm… let’s evaluate this.

Remember the IAM 141 Officer… District Force… that kept posting in here, that we (Fleet) absolutely needed this Transition Agreement, to facilitate any Merger with United… and that it was essential that we Merge, or perish?

Now… click on this link and read for yourself, the opposition the IAM is now…throwing up against a Merger. http://www.iam141.org/Airline_Mergers.htm

Are you dumbfounded? I have suspicion that several items have come into play to spawn this “about-face†posture from the IAM.

Item one: As you know, the Tentative Agreement has now been ratified. The coast is now clear for the Company to pursue a Merger, without the inconvenience of IAM contractual interference.

Item two: Now…why would the IAM do a complete flip, and now oppose any Merger? I feel, there are two reasons…the first being that resistance, or posturing to that affect, sends a message to the Company that the IAM can, and will hold up…or make a Merger more difficult, and costly to complete. Now, why would the IAM do this? The answer is to place additional pressures on the Company to seek labor accord, prior to any integration scenarios.

I can envision, post merger communications from the IAM that will go like this…â€We’re Sorry… We fought against this Industry Consolidation!†We knew it would result in Job Losses!†In other words… it gets them off the hook when the axe falls! In addition, the IAM stands to gain the entire Maintenance workforce on the United side… and the entire Customer Service workforce on the US side, when this Merger is finally consummated!

Let’s take the initiative to change our Union from within! We pay our hard earned dues… so… let’s pursue the much needed transparency from the IAM!
Hello my good friend,

I think I'll have to disagree with you though on the IAM's about face. I have learned to never go by what they say. In the media, the IAm is a political machine and does beautiful rhetoric work. Don't be pursuaded to think that the IAM's "Get tough against merger' is anything more than talk. Back when I was down those parts, I remember a guy named Rik Flair who used to say, "They can talk the talk, but can they walk the walk." Unfortunately, if we are to be honest with ourselves, we would see that the IAM wants this merger to happen. As far as pressure, Canale doesn't put any pressure on management since he is the board member who likes to pick up the soap. He is the negotiator who likes taking 'walks on the beach' with the CEO and do back flips to impress the CEO as he walks hand in hand on the 'piss clams'. If you really think about it, District Lodge 141 is really District Lodge 1..4...United. Here's the truth about Canale...click here

Also, Canale is one of only a few members who sits on the Law committee of the INTL IAM convention. This is very significant since Boss Canale will most likely be the Judas that puts forth a 'doubling of dues' so that many members would have their dues increase from $500 to $1,000 a month. I think posters like freedom need to ask Canale why he intends to bring forth a dues increase that will cause 'great pain' on the membership.

If Canale was smart, he would have retired to 'save his ticket' but now he is going to be kicked back up to the board of directors where he belongs and will lose his 'IAM Retirement Watch".

We are coming from Board Member Canale.....soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Yahhh hit it on tha head "O" !!

In essence… that is exactly whut I’m sayin’!

Yew ready fer tha throw down?
I hear throw down may be Friday the 13th. Dunno for sure. See JR and the boys.

hey O'man, Clt ready to kick out Canale. You need to search Youtube for a good song the rightly expresses CLT's feelings about kicking Canale back up to Management where he belongs. Or maybe a kinder, gentler wedding song of him and management. He should have retired, then he could have got his "IAM Watch". Here's the Truth about Randy Canale

We are coming for him.....soon enough. I'm going to enjoy watching the Board member hand over to Delaney the "Green Jacket".

regards,
Tim Nelson

Hello my good friend,

I think I'll have to disagree with you though on the IAM's about face. I have learned to never go by what they say. In the media, the IAm is a political machine and does beautiful rhetoric work. Don't be pursuaded to think that the IAM's "Get tough against merger' is anything more than talk. Back when I was down those parts, I remember a guy named Rik Flair who used to say, "They can talk the talk, but can they walk the walk." Unfortunately, if we are to be honest with ourselves, we would see that the IAM wants this merger to happen. As far as pressure, Canale doesn't put any pressure on management since he is the board member who likes to pick up the soap. He is the negotiator who likes taking 'walks on the beach' with the CEO and do back flips to impress the CEO as he walks hand in hand on the 'piss clams'. If you really think about it, District Lodge 141 is really District Lodge 1..4...United. Here's the truth about Canale...click here

Also, Canale is one of only a few members who sits on the Law committee of the INTL IAM convention. This is very significant since Boss Canale will most likely be the Judas that puts forth a 'doubling of dues' so that many members would have their dues increase from $500 to $1,000 a month. I think posters like freedom need to ask Canale why he intends to bring forth a dues increase that will cause 'great pain' on the membership.

If Canale was smart, he would have retired to 'save his ticket' but now he is going to be kicked back up to the board of directors where he belongs and will lose his 'IAM Retirement Watch".

We are coming from Board Member Canale.....soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim…

Please re-read my post… it states… I thought… just that …Rhetoric…

Now are yew ready tahh Throw Down? Tha boy’s are waitin’ !

union dues of 1000 dollars a month ? are we running some sort of side operation in south america that i don't know about ? :eek:

CLT IS WAITING WITH OPEN ARMS to kick Canale and his band of misfits to the curb

It is a utter shame that you can't get your Local AGC to answer simple contract language interpretations.

but then again he is never around he likes to hide behind the curtain like OZ. Well his days are numbered

and the frontline has had enough. CLT WILL BE STRONG ONCE AGAIN.

CLT IS WAITING WITH OPEN ARMS to kick Canale and his band of misfits to the curb

It is a utter shame that you can't get your Local AGC to answer simple contract language interpretations.

but then again he is never around he likes to hide behind the curtain like OZ. Well his days are numbered

and the frontline has had enough. CLT WILL BE STRONG ONCE AGAIN.

Hear yahhh “Oâ€￾… we strong NOW!

Join tha… CANALE FINALE RALLY… JUNE 12TH !!
6:00 AM to 6:00 PM

ELECTION NOTIFICATION

On Thursday June 12, 2008 we will be holding the elections for the District Lodge 141 and District Lodge 142 Officers. This election is open to all dues paying members in good standing and retirees of their respective District Lodges. The elections will be held at the American Legion post 380 located at 4235 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte NC 28208. The polls will be open between the hours of 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.

Tim…

Please re-read my post… it states… I thought… just that …Rhetoric…

Now are yew ready tahh Throw Down? Tha boy’s are waitin’ !
My bad, after the reread I see.
Yeah, I'll be there for the throw down.

I think the New Direction site and posters are class acts but the real telling sign that members are ready for a New Direction is the supporters gallery on the New Direction site. Canale's site is a bunch of long winded love letters that appear to be written by the United Airline Board itself. No supporters on his site. In fact, to be completely honest, I have probably seen well over 1,000 members working in Chicago with their "New Direction Lanyards and buttons on" and I haven't run into ONE member who respected Randy enough to even wear his button. In fact, one guy was trying to get people to wear a Canale button but ended up throwing the buttons in the trash and putting on a New Direction button in ORD. Even in LGA, the US AIRWAYS LGA folks now support Rich Delaney with overwelming support, even though the originally nominated the United Airline Board Member Click, The truth about the District Lodge Altar Boy

Roa, is there even one member in CLT who 'visibly supports' Randy and the United Board of Directors? What about PHL? DEN? I'm going to enjoy June 3rd when ORD finally gives "Tilton's boy" his reward. We are coming for him.....soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I personally know several members of the New Direction slate and have worked the ramp with them.

I trust them completely and know they will serve the membership well. Its time to take "OUR" union back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back