IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCO, LAX, and ORD vote tomorrow. Who else is up this week. If you know when a station votes please post when and where the vote occurs. CLT is coming up on June 12th.

On Thursday June 12, 2008 we will be holding the elections for the District Lodge 141 and District Lodge 142 Officers. This election is open to all dues paying members in good standing and retirees of their respective District Lodges. The elections will be held at the American Legion post 380 located at 4235 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte NC 28208. The polls will be open between the hours of 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.

This weeks lineup:

Mon - CMH, OMA
Tue - JFK, ORD, IAD, PHL, LAX, MCO, PHX, MEM
Wed - DTW, CLE, OAK, DEN, IND
Thu - LAS, SLC, HOU, OKC

This weeks lineup:

Mon - CMH, OMA
Tue - JFK, ORD, IAD, PHL, LAX, MCO, PHX, MEM
Wed - DTW, CLE, OAK, DEN, IND
Thu - LAS, SLC, HOU, OKC
CMH is no more, it has merged with CLE. OMA is tuesday. MEM is no more.

By the end of the month, I believe we need about 70% vote for Delaney and the New Direction to withstand the evilness and scams of Canale, who will be sure to dispute some station voting and drag out his regime. 70% should make it bulletproof. 60% and I can see the evil one challenging the "Twin Tower" votes of ORD and DEN. Let's shoot for 70%+ as a goal. ORD will kick things off tomorrow and I can assure you that ORD will deliver 'great pain' to Parker's boy.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

GAME ON !!!!

I'm callin' on CLT to participate 100% !! Thursday June 12, 2008
Be there… or yahh ain’t got ahh Bit** whut happens in tha future!

MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELECTION NOTIFICATION

On Thursday June 12, 2008 we will be holding the elections for the District Lodge 141 and District Lodge 142 Officers. This election is open to all dues paying members in good standing and retirees of their respective District Lodges. The elections will be held at the American Legion post 380 located at 4235 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte NC 28208. The polls will be open between the hours of 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.

We have a chance to make history. We can determine our own path for the first time. This will not be possible

without you the members. We need to take the time out to have our voices heard. Get out and vote because

its our future and we need to have a leader who will listen to us. The following is a letter from that leader.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Starting next week, the first week of June, the members of District Lodge 141 can begin making history. The election of District Officers will begin in local lodges across the country and the future of the District will be determined. Of course, we are hopeful that a vast majority of members participate in this process and support our A New Direction team.

As the campaign nears its end the contrasts between the two slates could not be more obvious. We have been advocating for needed, and we believe necessary, change within our Union – from top to bottom. Changing the relationship the Union has developed with airlines for whom we work is mandatory. Changing and improving the relationship the Union has with its members is essential for survival of our Union. We are prepared to begin changing these things on Day 1.

Our opponents also have a clearly defined message. They believe strongly that past experience is the key to the future. They ask you to reject change. They do not believe change is needed.

The choice, as it always should be within the IAM, is yours to make. You can vote for experience, knowing that what you have gotten in the past is what you can expect in the future. Or you can vote for a team that is committed to positive change – one that will take the election results as a mandate. If we are successful we know the expectation is to work exclusively on behalf of our membership, communicate with our membership, and that we are accountable to you.

Democracy, whether it is within the IAM or in our nation’s Presidential election, works best when there is full participation. We ask every member to take the time to let your voice be heard during the month of June. The membership’s voice will shape our union’s future. As we have said before, A New Direction values and respects your vote. We want you to cast it with confidence for us.

By investing 30 minutes of time in us during the month of June, you can be assured of a commitment from the “New Directionâ€￾ to work diligently on your behalf every day for the next four years.

We look forward to seeing you at your Local polling place during the month of June.

Rich Delaney

I'm callin' on CLT to participate 100% !! Thursday June 12, 2008
Be there… or yahh ain’t got ahh Bit** whut happens in tha future!

MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELECTION NOTIFICATION

Roa, I think it is imperative that PHL and CLT get out a strong vote. Dare I say that the company may ask for concessions right around the corner? Although I am not sold that this company is close to liquidation, credit rating companies have reduced the stock to junk and are predicting possible liquidation by January. That being said, I see no reason for fleet service to give back one single dime. If Canale is allowed to stay in office, I find it conceivable that the Canale concession stand will remain open.

BTW, I think our overall goal should be to try to turn out a 70%+ Delaney support vote. Canale is evil and lazy and hasn't campaigned much at all, but he is good at illegal bylaw rulings when it comes to District Officer elections. If the Delaney support is only 60% then I can see Canale challenging several locals and trying for a revote.

Remember, Team 2008 can't hold the New Direction jockstrap.

Vote Delaney
Vote in a New Direction

regards,
Tim Nelson

Is the complete liquidation of this industry in the best interest of our Membership?
Can we preserve our careers as a stand alone carrier? This Membership deserves, and demands transparency to this regard!

District Force… 700… Any input?

P.S. Maybe the New Direction people will be able, and willing to communicate this posture to the Membership without ambiguity!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Reuters)

May 30, 2008

Sources have said Union Opposition and integration costs torpedoed the deal. Others say UAL shied away from a merger because US Airways lacks a strong international presence.

BTW, perv, why hasn't Canale come into PHL breakrooms? CLT breakrooms?
Do you think it's because he can't use the protections of being a United Airline Board member? I mean, this guy has no balls or 'juice' to go into the breakrooms in CLT or PHL. We're coming for him......soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson

He is simply not welcome and he knows that. Hell, he's not even welcome at his
home lodge. A couple of meetings ago one of the trustee's asked him to leave the hall so
the dues' paying members could hold thier meeting without him. He refused and like
a little kid took a seat at the main table and huffed and puffed. A couple members
remained and it got heated with Canale calling them (female parts) and the members
being ushered from the hall. The rest of the membership stayed outside, including UA,
US, NW and all others. He knew we have 22 gents that can't allow themselves to be
part of any altercations and took liberty's.

perserverance......it's not just a name

Does anyone know if you guys will be giving nightly updates on the election like you (TN) did on the nominations? I thought that was great!

I don't know how the vote will be handled but if the votes are
indeed counted I will give an update. Otherwise I will give my
opinion of how things went as far as the talk and turnout.
(out of Phl)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts