IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that the ramp integration day is Nov 3rd. Does anyone know when the combined seniority list will be out for viewing? One would think it would have to be out real soon, in order to give the stations time to put their local bids up. And also to figure out what manpower they need or don't need.

Rogue

To all my DC brethren....

ARE U READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL......?!?!?!?

Any predictions?

Also...in re to the Nov 3rd integration...anyone out west under 30 years plz come to Fla so I can get off nights...thanks, GF

Also...in re to the Nov 3rd integration...anyone out west under 30 years plz come to Fla so I can get off nights...thanks, GF

GiantFan,

They are all under 30 years. There are but a few of them turning 20 years this year. The rest of the west workforce is under 20 years. The majority being way under 20 years.

Rogue

GiantFan,

They are all under 30 years. There are but a few of them turning 20 years this year. The rest of the west workforce is under 20 years. The majority being way under 20 years.

Rogue

RR,

I realzie that, I was being sarcastic...however....with a workforce under 20 years they can ALL come to Fla.... :up: I would break them in "giantfan style"! I'm sure the sm's would love that!!! :shock: :shock:

RR and GF,

GiantFan,

Rogue

There are about 75 west employees with between 20 and 25 years. AWA was formed in 1983.

P. Rez

I know that the ramp integration day is Nov 3rd. Does anyone know when the combined seniority list will be out for viewing? One would think it would have to be out real soon, in order to give the stations time to put their local bids up. And also to figure out what manpower they need or don't need.

Rogue

Not sure about a system list but at DFW we already have a combind list for our station.

OK here goes...............Anyone in PHX/LAS who is being furloughed should be questioning this...................

There have been some lead openings in SAN and were filled by agents from the station who supposedly had PE-66's filled out although they didn't know what they were. I was told that the internet was not being used for LEAD openings, only PE-66.
OK fine. Shouldn't this company have allowed or at least told the LAS people that there were openings here even though they might not have been senior to the ones that ultimately got the openings so they could have had a PE-66 on file?

So i see today on the internet a job posting for Tower Lead in CLT? I know there is a difference between Tower and Fleet Service, but why weren't the SAN openings on the Internet?

Page 4 of the ratified agreement, Attachment A
Article 4 (Classifications) first bulletpoint

Future tower vacancies which the company decides to fill in
PHL, CLT, LAS, and PHX will be filled through a company selection process.

They have to be interviewed so the job has to be posted.

Page 4 of the ratified agreement, Attachment A
Article 4 (Classifications) first bulletpoint

Future tower vacancies which the company decides to fill in
PHL, CLT, LAS, and PHX will be filled through a company selection process.

They have to be interviewed so the job has to be posted.

OK, good enough, but my main point was that if PE-66 is used, and is new to all then MGMT should say something to all not just a select few. I imagine that not too many in las know about the PE-66 proces to this day.

I see your point in that "proper notification" may not
have been given. You did not state if the Lead opening
was "West" or "East" so I will assume that it is in fact
a "West" opening. Article 8 (Filling of Vacancies) Will
apply to West Employees on Transition date(OEI).
That being said, filling of vacancies should still apply
to the language in the TWU Contract.

SECTION 13
FILLING OF VACANCIES

E. SELECTION OF LEADS / LOADMASTERS
1. When the Company determines that a vacancy exists for a Lead/Loadmaster position, it shall post a bid notice in a central location no less than 10 days prior to the award date of the bid. The notice will specify the number of vacancies, qualifications and eligibility requirements for candidates desiring to be selected as Lead/Loadmaster.
2. The Company in its discretion shall select Leads/Loadmasters from eligible candidates based on its objective assessment of their qualifications including, but not limited to, job knowledge, past performance, leadership and communication abilities. If the Company determines that the qualifications are equal among final candidates for the position, the position will be awarded to the candidate with highest seniority.

I am not familiar with the actual postings so I assume that
under the TWU Contract there was a monthly or weekly posting
of all open positions system wide. If the company is not continuing
that process until OEI then you could very well have a Grievance.

I hope this helps

They were west positions but were not posted so as to circumvent proper channels and yes they used the PE-66 process. Notification should have been made via internet like they used to so LAS or anyone could see the opening.

Filling of vacancies will apply on transition date? ok. Then it should have been on the internet! They can't have it both ways.

I would bet my last $ though that they would say that there is a transfer freeze!

They were west positions but were not posted so as to circumvent proper channels and yes they used the PE-66 process. Notification should have been made via internet like they used to so LAS or anyone could see the opening.

Filling of vacancies will apply on transition date? ok. Then it should have been on the internet! They can't have it both ways.

I would bet my last $ though that they would say that there is a transfer freeze!

No transfer freeze that I am aware of. Labor has stated that
West to West and East to East transfers are continuing. We
are receiving 2 LAS "East" employees next week.

Grieve it! Then the truth can be discovered!

Mike33 and redeye,

8. Article 8 (Filling of Vacancies) Will apply to West Employees on Transition Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.