IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
P rez is right , we should continue to pay our dues …. We might have lost THIS time , but who’s to say we can’t win next time ? Does anyone know when we might get another crack at lowering the dues or just maintaining them to make sure they don’t go up yet again someday ?

I can’t believe that they passed an increase right now , with the cost of everything going up , food , gas , you name it , for our own union to put a hike on us , that kinda hurts … I have to wonder , did they cut every possible cost before raising the dues …?

Funny thing Freedom.... Ron R., the delegate that you coo about didn't realize how many were watching him and taken back. It was purported that he was doing the same thing at the Convention as he was at the transition negotiations. Rubbing up and down "Cheap Suits" leg lobbying like there was no tomorrow. Agreeing with the 2% increase to appease your master is insane! Randaroo stood up to talk and was loudly booed in front of the delegation not for his speech but for his reputation. 'Cept your buddy R&R just clapped and clapped.
Next time vote to send someone else.... oh that's right.... you won't take the time to show up to a meeting!
Don't complain when you won't participate?

I think that should be brought up? my guess for them raising the dues is due to their old leadership past FAILURES and their PRO MGMT and all the MEMBERS THEY LOST!

Robbed ,
You hit the nail on the head..

also remember our old buddy DISTRICT FORCE. was down there in MCO pimping for the increase

HE wanted more than what he actually got. Maybe he can come join the board again and EXPLAIN himself

since he likes to stick his nose in on our other business. MY bet would be you won't here a word out of him

Also remember this is coming from the INTERNATIONAL .. NOT the District . YES the AGC's are paid much

more than they should but they had no control in this..

When you become a dues objector, you are not a member in good standing, you are actually a non-member.

Funny thing Freedom.... Ron R., the delegate that you coo about didn't realize how many were watching him and taken back. It was purported that he was doing the same thing at the Convention as he was at the transition negotiations. Rubbing up and down "Cheap Suits" leg lobbying like there was no tomorrow. Agreeing with the 2% increase to appease your master is insane! Randaroo stood up to talk and was loudly booed in front of the delegation not for his speech but for his reputation. 'Cept your buddy R&R just clapped and clapped.
Next time vote to send someone else.... oh that's right.... you won't take the time to show up to a meeting!
Don't complain when you won't participate?

OUCH !!!

Rat tales,
You have to remember FREEDOM doesn't CARE about anyone BUT FREEDOM ..

take it easy on him "Chief with the funny feather "

Tim,
It takes a real men to admit he was wrong. I too was under the same believe

You got my respect and I got your back anytime you need it.

The O-man

sidenote: Anyone seen the dirt man lately . I guess he's off running around the country chasing
his sister again

Jan.1,2009 - Dues will increase by $4 per month plus the weighted average hourly earnings.

Jan.1,2010 - Dues will increase for weighted average hourly earnings.

Jan.1,2011 - Dues will increase by an additional $2 plus the weighted average hourly earnings plus a one time $5 addition for lodges with special dispensation plus an increase percentage linked to the consumer price index.

D@mn! 2011 snuck in the back door. I wonder what the Consumer Price Index is for Vaseline!

THANKS BUFFY!​

Funny how a CPI increase is included in a dues increase, but I don't believe its included in any IAM negotiated contracts?(Not sure on that one as I have yet to receive a copy of the new contract?) :down: Oh...I keep forgetting that is the company's responsibility!!!

How about a dues decrease clause if another concessionary contract is negotiated? :shock: In reality when the expiration of this contract rolls around, I will have serious doubts IF the company is still around that the IAM will be representing the workers......

''You have the right under to decide for yourself whether to be a member of IAM. If you choose to be just a member, you will still be required to pay dues to cover the cost of IAM's efforts on your behalf. If you choose to pay dues rather than membership full dues, you are not entitled to attend union meetings; you cannot vote on ratification of contracts or other agreements between the employer and the union; you will not have a voice in union elections or other internal affairs of the union and you will not enjoy ''members only'' benefits but will be a ''member'' for employment purposes only.''

I see nowhere where it is stated that you become a non-member.

Jan.1,2009 - Dues will increase by $4 per month plus the weighted average hourly earnings.

Jan.1,2011 - Dues will increase by an additional $2 plus the weighted average hourly earnings plus a one time $5 addition for lodges with special dispensation plus an increase percentage linked to the consumer price index.

D@mn! 2011 snuck in the back door. I wonder what the Consumer Price Index is for Vaseline!

WTF?

What happened to the IAM's proposal to make dues 2% of gross monthly earnings? That sounds much more equitable than this nonsense.

Is this a DL141 only thing?

What am I missing here?

Who in there right mind would make a proposal such as this?​
It makes no sense!​
What Union brother would tie the cost of living that bleeds from a family's income into a tariff that takes away​
bread that feeds our children​

Who is Ron R.?​

''You have the right under to decide for yourself whether to be a member of IAM. If you choose to be just a member, you will still be required to pay dues to cover the cost of IAM's efforts on your behalf. If you choose to pay dues rather than membership full dues, you are not entitled to attend union meetings; you cannot vote on ratification of contracts or other agreements between the employer and the union; you will not have a voice in union elections or other internal affairs of the union and you will not enjoy ''members only'' benefits but will be a ''member'' for employment purposes only.''

I see nowhere where it is stated that you become a non-member.
As a former Recording Secretary for one of the largest lodges on the US/IAM System, they are listed as non-members, if you are a member you get all the rights, as a non-member you dont.

As a former Recording Secretary for one of the largest lodges on the US/IAM System, they are listed as non-members, if you are a member you get all the rights, as a non-member you dont.

''and you will not enjoy ''members only'' benefits but will be a ''member'' for employment purposes only.''

* and personally the use of ''non member'' comes across
as alienating a worker.

Your use of the word ''non member'' is your interpertation
but is not the language used. Though looking through your
past posts I see you claim to be very knowledgable in alot
of areas'. So lets' just say I see the language as it reads and
you see it as you'd like, but go ahead and refute this its' done
for me.

If that is truely correct, then they need to rename those who choose to not have part of their dues held for political use ETC. To list one as a non-member when only a very small % is not used for direct non-union things is quite harsh. I agree with Perseverence. Because your views of Political/Religion are not the same as an Organizations as a whole(iam), then why should that small % of your monies be used for such things. Keep it for your family and in you pocket.

How should we help this union expand and explain to those whom we try to recruit that their dues are " This much " and they need to be represented and part of this union? I would have to lie with a straight face ( depending on the circumstances ) and I for one am not willing to do that.

The bottom line is that if you become a dues objector you pay less dues, keep your job, get all the benefits of the contract, but CANNOT VOTE! Even with that hack of a rep JM in LAS I won't become a dues objector simply becauseI will NOT give up my right to vote. Yes, there are benefits, but drawbacks as well. What you call it, dues objector, non member, member not in good standing, does not matter.

The bottom line is that if you become a dues objector you pay less dues, keep your job, get all the benefits of the contract, but CANNOT VOTE! Even with that hack of a rep JM in LAS I won't become a dues objector simply becauseI will NOT give up my right to vote. Yes, there are benefits, but drawbacks as well. What you call it, dues objector, non member, member not in good standing, does not matter.

I also will not give up my right to vote. Let me make that perfectly clear. I have a problem when the term Non-member sounds like they are not a member of this union. Each has a choice and " non-member " is too harsh of a classification when in fact they are still members in good standing. Especially when it is written somewhere on paper is my point!

Maybe " Non-voter " would be a better term instead of a " non-member " as if it's a label.

Status
Not open for further replies.