IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PREZ,

Therein lies the secret. Page 3 of the Transition Agreement, first
Paragraph.

ATTACHMENT A
Below are the terms for the transition of West Employees to specific CBA Articles. )Where the Transition Date specified herein is prior to Operational Employee Integration (OEI) the application of such provision will be separate between East and West Fleet Service Employees until the date of Operational Employee Integration (OEI). Additionally certain modifications to the East Agreement are also included and will become effective as described in each section below.

Article 8 (Filling of Vacancies) of the East Agreement does apply to West
except that East and West will be separate until OEI.

mike33,
You are correct in that the Lead opening "should" have been posted
but the East CBA does not contractually require the posting of jobs.

Sorry

Do not rely on the internal posting of job vacancies. It is not an accurate gauge of openings in the system. While we are still following West to West and East to East guidelines, the PE-66 is the method to use. It was a new form to me, but it is the method Human Resources is using for ALL transfer requests, whether it be West to West or East to East. Once OEI comes, it is open season for all system wide... so if anyone is contemplating a transfer, put in that PE-66 form!!

where is this PE-66 form? Can I find it online? Do I have to talk to my manager about it? Let me know please! thanks in advance

Your station admin. person should have access to it via the link to company forms. It is a single form in which you list desired status (Fulltime or Parttime) and desired stations in order of preference. Once completed, you fax it to a central Human Resources and hold tight until contacted. I believe it needs to be updated yearly. Hope this helps.

''doing it '',
You can get it from Administration and like
''bagchucker'' said it does have to be updated yearly.
Now I'm not sure if yearly applies from the date you
hand it in or Jan. to Dec. so ask and if you don't get
an answer in writing just put another one in when Jan.
rolls around to be safe. Also make sure you fill it out
properly and if you decide you don't want to make any
moves remove it asap. Once you file it your liable for
any changes the company offers until you remove it.

''doing it '',
You can get it from Administration and like
''bagchucker'' said it does have to be updated yearly.
Now I'm not sure if yearly applies from the date you
hand it in or Jan. to Dec. so ask and if you don't get
an answer in writing just put another one in when Jan.
rolls around to be safe. Also make sure you fill it out
properly and if you decide you don't want to make any
moves remove it asap. Once you file it your liable for
any changes the company offers until you remove it.

East Contract

Article 8 - Filling of Vacancies

11 G. System Transfer Bid File
13 1. The Director of Station Administration shall
14 maintain a file for system transfer requests.
15 Employees desiring transfer to positions in different
16 locations or classification groups are required to
17 submit transfer requests on the appropriate Company
18 form. System transfer requests will remain valid for
19 a period of one (1) year from the date the request is
20 received.

6 WEEKS TILL THE DISTRICT CONVENTION

This will probably be the first real opportunity to make effective changes with the District Bylaws. Why are we not talking about what proposals we are interested in making?

Who on this board is a delegate and do you know which committee you will be on? I know we will be celebrating on Monday P.M., but we will have to work together to to pass proposals!

Anyone?

rattales,
what proposals do you want put on the floor. I don't know what committee I will be yet

Good luck finding the right person. the district convention . doesn't cover contracts

by the way I lost 1000 spots when we went to class. so i feel your pain

Good luck finding the right person. the district convention . doesn't cover contracts

by the way I lost 1000 spots when we went to class. so i feel your pain

I hear ya both O-man & Rogue....I'm all for DOH...

I would LOVE to see this changed contractually.... :up:

I hear ya both O-man & Rogue....I'm all for DOH...

I would LOVE to see this changed contractually.... :up:

Then get ready to circle up the wagons to defend our seniority. This is a fight I will not quit until the seniority issue is rectified. Be it the iam the company or whomever, I will continue to fight whomever has control over the seniority until we have a seniority system that is fair to all and not just the chosen few. If you, or anyone else are truly serious about joining the seniority fight, be prepared when the combined seniority list comes out.

Rogue

speaking of transfers, what if you want to bid a station that is cross utilized?
do you have to start at zero I think its a teamster station?

Status
Not open for further replies.