Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
767one said:
"
No problem on the ribbing. For a while after I got the tractor I was looking for a list of Russian cusswords because we had "a failure to communicate". I couln't even remember any of my grandfather's Finnish cusswords. When I mentioned "winter war" the tractor understood!

Cheers,

Bob

Well...especially if you offered that up in Finnish, for best effect!  :) No Soviet product could do other than show proper respect, and perhaps even some dread then.

767one said:
"No problem on the ribbing. For a while after I got the tractor I was looking for a list of Russian cusswords because we had "a failure to communicate". I couln't even remember any of my grandfather's Finnish cusswords. When I mentioned "winter war" the tractor understood!Cheers,Bob
Next time you need one try svolatch, or sukeen sin, or gavno. My father drove a T34 (parts is parts) and I picked up a few gems listening to him interact with inanimate objects :)

767one said:
I don't think you will have any luck getting money from a BK union. You can help out by not paying dues to get it into bankrupcy sooner and not getting anything sooner rather than not getting it later.
You can help by not paying dues....hmmm

Keep in mind, Res that Bob is a wise ol man. This could be a temppu of 10h proportions.

snapthis said:

Keep in mind, Res that Bob is a wise ol man. This could be a temppu of 10h proportions.
[SIZE=small]Se[/SIZE]ction 29 Letters

[SIZE=10pt]It is the responsibility of every pilot per the Union security clause of both collective bargaining agreements to meet their financial obligations to the Association. Unfortunately, some of our pilots are negligent in this responsibility. As a result, just under 300 Section 29 letters will be mailed shortly. If you are in bad standing or delinquent in your financial obligation to USAPA, you will receive a Section 29 letter and the terms of this section of the Collective Bargaining Agreement will be strictly enforced. Please ensure your dues are up to date.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rob Streble, Secretary-Treasurer [/SIZE]

Claxon said:

[SIZE=small]Se[/SIZE]ction 29 Letters

[SIZE=10pt]It is the responsibility of every pilot per the Union security clause of both collective bargaining agreements to meet their financial obligations to the Association. Unfortunately, some of our pilots are negligent in this responsibility. As a result, just under 300[/SIZE] Section 29 letters will be mailed shortly. If you are in bad standing or delinquent in your financial obligation to USAPA, you will receive a Section 29 letter and the terms of this section of the Collective Bargaining Agreement will be strictly enforced. Please ensure your dues are up to date.

[SIZE=10pt]Rob Streble, Secretary-Treasurer [/SIZE]

west pilots martyrs.   The cactus 18, RICO.  The cactus 3, ID and personal information thieves.

Soon we will have the cactus 300 non dues payers. 

Full circle, the 300 spartans from the army of Leonidas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_300_Spartans

Reactions: 1 person

united airlines update, November 7th. 

"Update on Early Retirement Program

To date, approximately 50 United Pilots have bid for the early out program. As it currently stands, we are a long ways from using up the $20 million the company has allotted for total early retirement incentives under this program.

It is very important to realize, if you bid for the early retirement program, you are very likely to be awarded this opportunity.  Bear in mind that, once awarded, there is no backing out. From our discussion with the Company, the actual retirement date of participating pilots will be more towards the later part of the 12 month window and particularly so if you are a wide body pilot.  However, it is important to remember that you remain subject to retirement any time during the 12 month window (ending November 30, 2014), under the provisions of LOA 19.

The calculation for your incentive payment will be based on your December 2013 pay rate. The total lump sum payment is equal to 20% of that rate, multiplied by 83 hours, multiplied by the number of months (not greater than 60) between the bid award date and the first day of the month following the month in which your 65th birthday will occur. 16% from the total incentive amount will be contributed to your defined contribution plan with another 10% contributed to your RHA plan.

If you are contemplating the Early Retirement Program, please read and become familiar with LOA 19 as it is the governing document."

snapthis said:

USAPA's side of the 10h story.

"Exhibit 308 reflects discussion of whether (west pilot leaders) Messrs.
Holmes and Calveri would have permitted the MOU to contain language to “evade the
Nic” and whether ¶10.g and ¶10.h allow the company to “amend (abandon)” the TA.
Exhibit 310 demonstrates that these issues have been discussed with counsel. One  (west)
participant notes the only question is whether to file a lawsuit before or after the voting
on the MOU ratification ends."

Piedmont1984 said:
Next time you need one try svolatch, or sukeen sin, or gavno. My father drove a T34 (parts is parts) and I picked up a few gems listening to him interact with inanimate objects :)

A T34...Wow! That was, by all accounts, a most formidable but extremely uncomfortable beast to "live" (hopefully) in. I can only just try to even begin to imagine his experiences...and here you are a fellow American. What an amazing and truly "small world" we live in. I'm reminded of a childhood friend once sharing a family photo album, in which was a pic of his father, from the waist up out of the turret of a King Tiger, uniformed in the black of the SS....and despite that; his own life saw USN service as a Commander and he flew for many years with Alaska. Are we a crazy species or what? Perhaps that idiot Rodney King had some small wisdom to offer: "Why can't we all just get along?"

"sukeen sin"? I got that one!...Learned during a spirited "debate" with a years ago ladyfriend, she originally being from St. Petersburg. ;)

TMI, and it's clearly time to return to just how the whole world should properly fear and indeed tremble in awe at the coming of the mighty AWA "spartans", I suppose. :)

Claxon said:
Section 29 Letters[/size]

It is the responsibility of every pilot per the Union security clause of both collective bargaining agreements to meet their financial obligations to the Association. Unfortunately, some of our pilots are negligent in this responsibility. As a result, just under 300 Section 29 letters will be mailed shortly. If you are in bad standing or delinquent in your financial obligation to USAPA, you will receive a Section 29 letter and the terms of this section of the Collective Bargaining Agreement will be strictly enforced. Please ensure your dues are up to date.[/size]

Rob Streble, Secretary-Treasurer [/size]
I think it's better to keep MIGS to keep an EYE on things. Less members, less reps, less EYEs.

snapthis said:
How do you measure up with Bob? Ruler not required. :)

You're asking such a question provides it's own answer where any issues of wisdom are concerned.

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." Buddha.

Status
Not open for further replies.