Sign or Resign AMFA cards

Many of us already view the TWU as a "lame duck" union anyway. There is nothing the TWU could do to change how most of us feel about the organization. Time for the TWU to move on, and let a AMT union represent AMTs at AA - it's AMFA time!

Reactions: 4 people
While I am a staunch TWU supporter you do make valid points. If these new officers back democracy then where is the leadership by example? All I heard when I asked reps in DFW is that they deserve a the money because they are representing so many members. Don't disagree with that but if their argument for the raise is valid then why do they fear the membership voting on their new salaries.

We can propose new bylaws to get voted on including their salaries? I suggest we all submit changes to the bylaws that reflect what we want and is within the TWU Constitution and DOL rules.

Monthly meetings are needed and we don't need the entire Exec Board their to run them. What are these new officers doing? I have called around and many of them never show up on the floor. As you say, what deal was cut with management to allow them to be out of the operation and get paid by AA? These guys were crying months ago that the UBB removal was a scam by Don V to break the locals. Then it sounds like either the TWU is paying them or AA is in contradiction to the new contract that was passed. AA not following through? Shocking! The current local 591 officers lying? Now that is even more SHOCKING!!!

This membership has got to hold these guys accountable. Only 25% of the nearly 4,000 members voted in the local 591 election. They local 591 officers know that and because we aren't bombarding their cell phones and emails with questions of what the hell are they doing and where do they get off being some kind of high cabal.

Contact them

http://www.local591....ve/officers.cfm

Overspeed

I don't understand why you would still be a staunch TWU supporter, the old and now the new TWU leadership is doing what ever it wants. No matter who we place into these positions the culture of the IGM here at AA within the TWU ranks is so inbred
that a complete flush or a reboot needs to happen.

I have been a AMFA supporter and will be one until I retire from AA. I think being separate from the other class and crafts, being able to attend negotiations, having the ability to hold the union leadership accountable for their actions is the way it should be.

I think that starting over with a new constitution, new leadership, new way of doing things might save the career that many of us have chose. You say that you have called around and asked if any have returned to the floor, well as you found out I assume none have. The deals continue, so how can you support the TWU?

Even this virtual local, they have now, is just a way to cover up what they want to do. Everyone knows that the membership wants it all spoon fed. Saying we put it up on the local web site is not the way members of today will get involved.

Most didn't even know about the elections and were not even registered with the local. Most say they hate the TWU or just don't care anymore.

I think the corruption has been here sooo long that the employees of AA who are represented by the TWU have lost all faith in the union.

Even at the stations the union reps are not even held accountable, they come and go as they please, don't even have a scheduled shift, they always seem to be on UB.
The company has them in the hip pocket as they say. They do things that are managements job, which allows them to scam the membership. Then when mgmnt
needs them to have what ever done they show up. But when asked the union reps say that we are running the show, we have input here, and it saves jobs. Just more of the industrial union bs that is a scare factor to keep the membership from any followup questions as to the doings of the union.

We are all aware of the new IAW program, we will be held accountable for it all, this is a way in which the company can place blame on the mechanics when something happens. What has the TWU done to hold mgmnt accountable? What is the new TWU's plan to turn the selfish thinking of todays membership, back into a we against them? What is the plan so that pay/vacation/sick time/holidays stuff we fought for yrs ago will be again benefits we all enjoy?

You are right either the TWU is paying them off or AA has cut a deal which allows them to stay away. The TWU expects us to be disengaged, the TWU wants the membership in the dark, this is how they (union reps) continue to scam.

It's time to rid AA of the TWU, its time for all to write to the NMB tell them we want a answer, NOW. So we can either add too or resign cards to remove the TWU and bring AMFA here. Have a Democratic Vote let the membership speak.

I am not sure that AMFA is the answer, or can I say that they won't have problems either, but the TWU has been here so long they feel that they are untouchable, above the law. When it comes to that point we the membership need to take back the union
and replace the old ways and bring in a new way of thinking.

AMFA at AA

Reactions: 2 people
You dont even understand class and craft, mechanic and related is its own class and craft, AMFA has tried in the past to separate mechanics and time after time the board has ruled no.

Related is cleaners/utility, not ramp or agents.

Educate yourself.

700uw just back under the rock you came from, this is none of your business. You are not a airline employee any longer, You are not now or ever been represented by the TWU,You are a IAM person. I understand much more than you think. I know much more than you think as well. All your babbling and bs here on a AA forum is not about you or the IAM it is about the employees of AA, the mechanics.

automotive/facilities/aircraft/utility those that the NMB says are part of our class and craft not what you or I say.

AMFA at AA

Reactions: 1 person
It is also apparent you dont understand the concept of a message board.

You dont make the rules or the terms of service, when you do, then you can tell people not to post, but as far as it goes now you dont, so if you dont like it, dont read it, leave the board or put a user on ignore.

You wont be able to separate the class and craft, as all those jobs are related.

Once again, you try to attack the poster because you cant debate the facts.

Grow up.

Since you think you know it all, why dont you go read the NMB decision regarding that, as it was the UA M&R election when AFMA replaced the IAM.

You dont make the rules or the terms of service, when you do, then you can tell people not to post, but as far as it goes now you dont, so if you dont like it, dont read it, leave the board or put a user on ignore.

You wont be able to separate the class and craft, as all those jobs are related.

Grow up.

Since you think you know it all, why dont you go read the NMB decision regarding that, as it was the UA M&R election when AFMA replaced the IAM.

700UW

It is now apparent to all that are here that you have some computer skills, and that google or what ever search you use to find out all this stuff you post is at times good info. For some. But what you still fail to understand since you keep using that phrase that this is a TWU represented employee issue. It is a issue for the class and craft members of AA. mechanics. Which you are not this is my issue with you.

You can post until your heart is content, but we here at AA don't care about the IAM or what you did as an IAM rep/stockclerk/whitehouse lobbiest/contract negotiator and all the other things you have claimed to have done in the yrs of service to the industry.

This is not about you, its about the future of the class and craft I have worked in now for 30yrs. It's about the TWU union represented employees at AA.

It's all about the choices we want to make, the ability to choose the union we feel is best. It's about bringing a Democratic Vote and settling the issue once and for all.

Not about You or me, why can't you just respect that, and post on the IAM, USairways
or United site which have the iAM there and the guys who may give a crap.

AMFA at AA

Reactions: 1 person
I have never made it about me, you are the one who constantly makes it about me, go back and review your own posts.

I can post anywhere I want, you talk about respect?

If someone doesnt agree with you, you attack, insult and make it about the poster, not the issue at hand, and your posts prove that.

So I suggest you use the ignore feature if you dont like it.

Grow up.

You can cite NMB decisions on the subject all you want as far as class and craft, and just what constitutes "and related". It comes down to politics, and influence. Using the NMBs logic for mechanics and related - would have flight attendants and pilots in the same union. It's the large industrial unions wanting to lump Aircraft Mechanics in with unskilled labor as leverage for higher pay for the later - I don't begrudge them - they are communistic in principle. What did Marx say "from each according to their ability to each according to their need." It's not like the NMB is unbiased.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Do we sign or resign AMFA cards come January?

1AA

If we decide to start a card drive again it will be up to you and every one at your station.

What ever station you're at, you need to discuss this with others at your station, get in contact with the organizers that did it there before and just do it. Its up to each station and its mechanics to get the ball rolling.

The Organizers of the past can't be the same this time out. It will take everyone to get this accomplished.

If you want the TWU gone YOU must be the driving force each and everyone who reads this.

The new TWU is going to make so many promises coming out of this convention, are you going to give them another shot at yet another BAD contract. Do you want to wait another 10 yrs?

Haven't you had enough?

AMFA at AA

We might as well wait till the layoffs hit Tulsa and they become the minority then and only then will the AMFA prevail...