So who's non rev. policy will survive?

And just because your retired, doesn't mean you should be dumped to the bottom of the pack. -------- One who retired with 40 years. Which is U.S. policy!

I believe most of LLC policies will be trashed, including their Non-revving one.

Let's not forget the it was AA's cutting edge Sabre system that kept AA ahead of the pact and away from the Bankrutcy shed the longest amongst the legacies. It was Crandall who crawled underneath AA and gave it it's long running engine.

AA's shell needs body work but it's engine is still very much intact. I don't see Parker stirring up DFWHQ policies too much, if not at all.

http://en.wikipedia....Robert_Crandall

You're more optimistic than I. They went too far, the place is doomed, a service company cant compete when their workers are pissed, the merger is just a bigger pool of pissed off people. The engine has a knock, the driver is oblivious, its only a matter of time before it throws a rod.

Retired US here, I'd be fine with FCFS. It wouldn't really matter to me since I travel so infrequently. I always felt DOH was a reward for your service but since they made retirees S4's, it became less important since someone with 1 day seniority could bump me.

I would like to see the Int'l surcharges reduced some. Examples were posted the other day and they were pretty high.

Retired US here, I'd be fine with FCFS. It wouldn't really matter to me since I travel so infrequently. I always felt DOH was a reward for your service but since they made retirees S4's, it became less important since someone with 1 day seniority could bump me.

I would like to see the Int'l surcharges reduced some. Examples were posted the other day and they were pretty high.

Agreed...I am a 21 yr employee...HP and US...I do like the seniority better but it is not a deal killer......More importantly...I would like the US travel policy of free travel worldwide adopted....only cost is intl taxes... round trip to Rome is only $36.00.

I would hope they keep the AA system very user friendly and fair.

Not always. I have seen pilots and friends of agents get on ahead of earlier check ins. I have also seen sign in times fiddled. I filed complaints with copies of sign in lists to prove it, and no response.

AA is better. Traveling with fellow employees will keep you together on the lost if they check in at the same time. In sequence. If a more senior person shows up last minute with seniority in between your group not everyone may get on. How fair is that when one set of employees are responsible enough to check in early and then comes Johnny come lately last minute.

I thought it was impossible to nonrev with high load factors?...

If I had to guess, neither side is going to want to change how they do it. If I recall, CO gave up time of check-in to move to UA's seniority system.

Personally, I think it's a mistake to go with seniority. It perpetuates the entitlement culture that some employees have.

Executive employees?

That is a dumb question. Seriously, are you trying to be funny? If so, I really don't get stupid humor.

Someone going LAX JFK MIA and checks-in 24hr before departure LAX time zone goes on all standby list. Someone going JFK MIA checks-in 24hr before departure JFK time zone someone is going to be stupid and someone is going to be laughing getting on the plane or Just list on all flights in hopes of getting transfer to the latter flight before everyone else

Not always. I have seen pilots and friends of agents get on ahead of earlier check ins. I have also seen sign in times fiddled. I filed complaints with copies of sign in lists to prove it, and no response.

The only way they get on ahead if you if there are no seats avail and take a jump seat. So stop spreading lies and misinformation.

I like first come first serv. I know that the people that been with the airline for over 20+ (i know of a few 40+) here at US like it and i can see y BUT as a 4y employee i dont think it fair that people been working longer that i have been on this earth (26 years) it does not seam fair. and i know that someone will complane bc of this post but if we are talking fair you can geet any bid line you want at least give the new hires something to look forward to. When i here for 25+ i will still fell the same. and pus (not counting the peopel that comute) most of the people that iknow that have 20+ buy there own ticket or not even travel at all.

Latest posts

Back