IAM Fleet Service topic 6/21-6/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
LGA ELECTION UPDATE

I have never seen or met a finer bunch of Union people in LGA today. The workers all knowing the outcome with Canale getting the boot the workers still came out in big numbers to make their voices heard.

Having worked on this campaign with the ND08 team I want to thank each and everyone of the voters who took the time to participate in the election process.

The work now begins to bring this union back to the people.

The members have taken their first step to restoring ownership of the union back to the members

In solidarity,
Roadtrip

Mike33,

Also they have limited administrational responsibilities short of discipline and acces to employee files. No written consultations only verbal direction. Why do you ask? It spells it out in the contract...............

There is no such thing as a Team lead at the cargo facility in PHX. Looking for past practice in the east.

P. Rez
freight is contracted out here ,costing the company most of their freight business another glowing example of the stupidity of past management

LGA ELECTION UPDATE

I have never seen or met a finer bunch of Union people in LGA today. The workers all knowing the outcome with Canale getting the boot the workers still came out in big numbers to make their voices heard.

Having worked on this campaign with the ND08 team I want to thank each and everyone of the voters who took the time to participate in the election process.

The work now begins to bring this union back to the people.

The members have taken their first step to restoring ownership of the union back to the members

In solidarity,
Roadtrip
Congrats to the entire ND08 team and roadtrip , special thanks to you for your efforts in this

cltrat,

freight is contracted out here ,costing the company most of their freight business another glowing example of the stupidity of past management

I realize this, I'm looking for past practice when you had cargo.

P. Rez

Election Update for LGA

Vote count is in

Delaney - 50

Canale - 0

Special Thanks to all for a shut out

All other ND08 postions won 49 to 1 with the exception to Olmos Medeiros Stone Stemberg Handlow who got 50

FV says thanks to all.

Great Job!

more reports to come

Regards
Roadtrip

Election Update for LGA

Vote count is in

Delaney - 50

Canale - 0

All other ND08 postions won 49 to 1 with the exception to Olmos Medeiros Stone Stemberg Handlow who got 50

FV says thanks to all.

Great Job!

more reports to come

Regards
Roadtrip
Thanks Roadtrip! I guess they will be tallying all votes to see who WON? Since this was the last voting in district 141.

P.Rez-
Don't know what the current agreement states but in the past there
was 1 L/A per every 12 agents working an area. In PHL on the second shift we
had apx. 20 agents and 2 L/A's to assign pick up of the inbound cargo and frieght
also assigning the transfer of freight and mail from thgier facility's up to the aircraft
planeside.

ex. 4 agents looped around B and C concourse (2 per concourse)
and picked up any mail or freight going down. The ramp agents
would have the carts outside of the plane area tongues up and
pointed that direction. The agents would open curtains and then
take to thier proper destination.

The other 16 agents (different start times) would be assigned outbounds
and be given tic sheets for all mail and cargo expected from the lead.

The lead provided all communication between the mail and cargo facility's
to the agents and was the go between for mgt. to agent exchanges. They
also pulled up and looked for any high priority or tranfers ( human remains
or other priority shipments.)

Hope this helps alitlle but like I said we had a 1 L/A qualifier per 12 agents working.

As I read the CBA, the requirement for leads is strictly head count at the station, not per work area. This is why past practices are so important. In LAS there are no leads in Cargo either.

Mike33,

Also they have limited administrational responsibilities short of discipline and acces to employee files. No written consultations only verbal direction. Why do you ask? It spells it out in the contract...............

There is no such thing as a Team lead at the cargo facility in PHX. Looking for past practice in the east.

P. Rez

P. Rez

I believe the contract says 1 lead per 12 or ? agents. If they have no lead....what do they have? it should be at least 1 lead........

As I read the CBA, the requirement for leads is strictly head count at the station, not per work area. This is why past practices are so important. In LAS there are no leads in Cargo either.

I see what ur saying.....in san before it was contracted, we had a lead in A/F with only 5 A/F agents.

Congrats....LGA. Good Job.........................

Election Update for LGA

Vote count is in

Delaney - 50

Canale - 0

FV says thanks to all.

Great Job!

more reports to come

Regards
Roadtrip

The New Direction team never put in its second teamers even though it was a 'full blown' blowout after the first day of June. It had a TNP "Take No Prisoner's tude'. No trick plays, just shoving it right down Canale's throat where it belongs. New Direction team member Freddy Voight rallied our LGA team and shut out Canale.
Nicky Handlow, Mike Crowell, Frankie O, Dave Lehive, were all there to support the LGA brotherhood even though the outcome was already determined. That's what they do.

The masses have now taken charge of this district and have shown 'great solidarity' as they prepare for the corporate greed that is conditioned by Canale to keep coming back.

This week's "All-Nelson" Award goes to Freddy Voight and the LGA fellowship.

Stay tuned next week for the "ALL-Nelson" Banquet that will announce the "MR ALL-Nelson" Award for the stations that best "Bit#&& Slapped" "Parker's Boy"!

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Clt and Pit nailed the coffin shut .

but lga with guidance of the one and only Freddy V. got to throw the floral bouquet over the graveside.

what irony that the one who always stood up to canale and saw him for what he was gets to throw

the last black rose in....(no offense there timmy boy)

"Cheap Suits" and his supporters have been rather quite lately I guess getting beat like a drum will do that

CLTRAT,

Do you or anyone else on USAviation know what stations that cargo and mail is not contracted out in? Where US agents do all of the work? Inquiring minds would like to know. I know that LAS, PHX, & LAX does their own now due to the T/A.

Rogue

Rogue ,I know of none on the east,shame too lot of jobs there and ones who do it here are clowns and that's about the nicest thing i can say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back