IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point your opinion is as valid as mine so only time will tell.
I think it might be a good idea for Boss Canale to gage the PHL support himself by visiting the PHL breakrooms.

When he came to ORD, he introduced himself in the ORD breakrooms at zone 4 as "The United Airline Board of Director." This is a fact. Never addressed them as the President and General Chair of DL 141. What union guy would start off by introducing himself as a Board of Director?

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
We will agree on the opinion part. When Canale came to ord was he addressing the UA guys or the US guys? Perhaps it had to do with the capacity in which he was visiting. Was it merger talk? Either way I obviously cant and wont speak for his intentions in his introduction.

We will agree on the opinion part. When Canale came to ord was he addressing the UA guys or the US guys? Perhaps it had to do with the capacity in which he was visiting. Was it merger talk? Either way I obviously cant and wont speak for his intentions in his introduction.
It was merger talk, UA. Didn't go over too well and part of the reason was that he is their representative and he should address them as such. Very impersonal to address those you represent as the United Board of Director. They deserve better. I'd like to have him visit our breakroom at US. They a bunch of nice fellas.

At any rate, Canale's future will be determined with the June vote.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Freedom please get off your protest and rally high horse they were having Christmas day sick call ins in PHL before anyone had ever heard of HP

Ah yes , i remember , that one christmas that made the news , was that your first or second BK ? that was some good work you guys did , would have been nice if you had brought it out again ...

Get off of my horse? What is it with you people and my horse ? Leave my valiant steed alone!

There there *pets horse * you’re a good horse … who’s a pretty horse? You are!!

Tim
why don't you invite Mr Canale to CLT,I'm sure we'd be honored by his presence and give him the welcome he deserves

Tim
why don't you invite Mr Canale to CLT,I'm sure we'd be honored by his presence and give him the welcome he deserves
He needs no invite, he's the President and Directing Chair. I know you folks down there are just 'good ole boys' that will show him such good southern hospitality.

BTW, I'll be down there in June for a visit, where is the best BBQ now? I personally wouldn't be opposed to some good home cooked BBQ cooking if I can steal a free meal while I'm down there. Wouldn't be opposed to some 'free drinks' also.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Freedom,
We all know that the only logical reason you have to vote this T/A in is for some shiny new penny's and you have shouted from the tallest Saguara cactus that you are not bothered by who's dead pockets you have to rifle through to get it.

You need to read Canales book

View attachment 7495

You're in it.

You make good points , and i won't deny for a second that we're in desperate need of a raise here.......

But a question for you .... do your own dead bother you ? eh ? tell me rat tales , in any merger where your people on the east get sent into furlough , what happens to them ? hmmm ? tell me?

Is it that you simply don't care about your brothers and sisters that you work with in your own station ? i'm pretty honest about getting mine , how about you ?

T minus 5 days!

Survey says: Just say NO!

:lol: i wonder where you get your polling ... mine is leading slightly toward a YES ...

OK , it's your turn NO side , i want you to tell me , how you would go about getting a better contract in today’s environment , i also want you to tell me how your going to protect our brothers and sisters from the sixty day rule if we merge , then i want you to tell me how the scope in this TA is worse than the scope you now have , and finally i want you to tell me how long it's going to take you to get a new TA or contract done ...

(throws gauntlet down )

I have not talked to anyone in LAS but I would guess that after the announcement that they are no longer a hub and the threats from Canale that he would put the west under the BK east Contract, I would say they are a yes. Under that BK contract they would quite possibly be a class 2 station. Canale called Dougie and told him he needed more yes votes so Dougie obliged and made the announcement.

????????? Anyone in LAS disputing this?????

Respectfully,

P. REZ
[/quote]

LAS is 100% against this TA... however, some members need the cash badly... they will vote yes... the rest will vote no. If Canale is counting on LAS to deliver "his" victory, it will not happen. The LAS vote was split last time and it will be split this time. If anything there will be a few more no votes.

What you should be aware of is that Canale is going to have the LAS vote at the airport in an effort to increase the YES votes... the majority of the "YES" voters are part timers who will not vote unless it is at the airport. He is also going to hold the LAS hours longer then rest of the country to give the YES voters more time to get to the airport and cast there vote - most have day jobs and will have ttpin;r getting to the airport in time to vote. I like the idea of extended hours and I like the idea of voting at the airport... however, it is unfair for Canale to allow this only where it will increase his YES votes. This is very wrong and will be challenged if it impacts the outcome of this vote.

There is no respect for Canale in LAS; his propaganda of forcing the West under the East BK contract was never taken seriously here.

with smiles from the bright lights of Las Vegas,

Cat

Rat tales,

My point is if we were put under the east BK contract illegally, LAS might be scared into a yes vote because they are class 1 now under TA minus any cuts. I wasn't looking at LAS from your angle but I see under Article 3 B. 2. © Stations established after April 5, 1999, may be outsourced without restrictions. I believe that LAS has been a station on the east since before 1999. After cuts, if they are deep enough they would be a class II station still if we were put under the BK contract illegally and that would mean $15.60 top out.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

You are correct in that LAS was an established Class II city in 2005. On the other hand PHX was not a class I or II. There are to many holes in the present contract that allow the Company to put waste to the west before merging with United. Last year UA engaged in talks with US. The newspapers speculated at that time that UA attempted to convince US to sell them just the East coast because of their saturation in the west. Between then and now they have come to some agreement and we do not want to see a situation like the merger of PSA. US sold all the PSA west coast gates and adsorbed all the workers. The big difference then was that the large majority of the PSA workers were very senior and shifted to the east or quit.
You know well, I hope, from reading the US contract that there are no bumping rights and you can only transfer what you can hold when there is a system furlough. Station closings and downsizing are handled differently and there has to be an opening.

This chess game we are in can only be played well if we try to see seven moves ahead. The ones who don't think this through are the ones that this company will lead to their demise by simply waving a red flag or hanging a pretty carrot!

rat tales,

You are correct in that LAS was an established Class II city in 2005. On the other hand PHX was not a class I or II. There are to many holes in the present contract that allow the Company to put waste to the west before merging with United. Last year UA engaged in talks with US. The newspapers speculated at that time that UA attempted to convince US to sell them just the East coast because of their saturation in the west. Between then and now they have come to some agreement and we do not want to see a situation like the merger of PSA. US sold all the PSA west coast gates and adsorbed all the workers. The big difference then was that the large majority of the PSA workers were very senior and shifted to the east or quit.
You know well, I hope, from reading the US contract that there are no bumping rights and you can only transfer what you can hold when there is a system furlough. Station closings and downsizing are handled differently and there has to be an opening.

This chess game we are in can only be played well if we try to see seven moves ahead. The ones who don't think this through are the ones that this company will lead to their demise by simply waving a red flag or hanging a pretty carrot!

I here you. I have agreed with many posts by the east on this site. PHX has never seen what many of you have experienced with mergers. I only hope that it doesn't get them/me in the end. There are numerous possibilities and money has gotten in the way of many to have any other thoughts about what may occur.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

You make good points , and i won't deny for a second that we're in desperate need of a raise here.......

But a question for you .... do your own dead bother you ? eh ? tell me rat tales , in any merger where your people on the east get sent into furlough , what happens to them ? hmmm ? tell me?

Is it that you simply don't care about your brothers and sisters that you work with in your own station ? i'm pretty honest about getting mine , how about you ?

I was furloughed in '92 and could have stayed in CLT part time but chose to move elsewhere where I would not have to bump anyone and allowed someone junior to me to remain in CLT. I took furlough again in '03 and again could have kept part time but chose to take furlough to allow someone else junior to me to keep his job.
My own dead do bother me and I had the balls to vote NO to a bad contract then and I do the same now. I will take a shot for my brothers, even the ones I do not know.
This game is won by knowing which piece to move. Banzai Chess cannot be played here. I am voting NO for a raise because I know that while I am safe and am high enough on the seniority scale now, it comes at to high of a cost. I am voting NO because I don't want YOU to live through the very painful roller coaster ride my 20+ years have seen.

:lol: i wonder where you get your polling ... mine is leading slightly toward a YES ...

OK , it's your turn NO side , i want you to tell me , how you would go about getting a better contract in today’s environment , i also want you to tell me how your going to protect our brothers and sisters from the sixty day rule if we merge , then i want you to tell me how the scope in this TA is worse than the scope you now have , and finally i want you to tell me how long it's going to take you to get a new TA or contract done ...

(throws gauntlet down )

Getting a better contract should hinge on Traditonal Negotiations... not a Transition Agreement. We need unity, then a Better contract for ALL parties to benefit from. Yes, the environment isn't encouraging, but LOOK! Delta just gave their non-union folks a raise! Look how much they lost this last quarter! It isn't Fools Gold afterall.
Protecting your brothers and sisters from 60-day rule is a good question. I can't answer it without any foresight into more of the merger speculation. I think this merger will be costly to our workforce anyway it goes, namely, because contract or no contract, the Company will make "business" decisions and it will affect our workforce and every other workgroup. It is something that we can't control, but from a personal standpoint, I personally value the old TWU language I still follow vs. the language that is in this proposed T.A.
Scope. Well, reference above paragraph. the scope protection I currently have is more valuable to me than that proposed in the T.A. I am already accepting of the fact the industry is changing and that Fleet workers in small stations will become something of the past down the road soon. I see it, We all see it.
The scope language in the T.A. officially supports removal of my station and many around me. That is how it is worse.
Timeframe for new T.A. or contract. Hmmm.. depends on the merger. I think that will take front and center stage soon, and we will be looking at a tri-level T.A. (1. UA 2. US east 3. US west ex-HP).

Look, there are favorable statements FOR this T.A. and Against it. I don't like it, I think it is a scam and we are gonna be assed out if it goes thru... and when the dust settles it will be too late and the Company/Union walk out together hand in hand patting each other on the back. I don't like Canale being in conflict of interest sitting on the B.O.D. of UA and second handedly trying to contrive up some sub-standard POS T.A. for us. put all the chips in the bucket and it is clear to me they are trying to set us up to make REDUCTION in force an easy thing for them. Don't let 'em rape you!!! Vote NO.

Attachments

• th_640833_1_.jpg
    th_640833_1_.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 201
2ndly ,why don't you think we WOULDN'T pack it in ? i've been to just about every rally and or protest , and i can tell you now , i'm not going to fight for you ... do you understand ? do you hear me ? Why would i dedicate a second more of my life to fight for your hopeless cause ?? I honestly think that you folks in the NO vote want things that are so unrealistic they will never come to pass … I’m not going to give up my free time for goals that I don’t believe are attainable , not to even mention the fact that when we were protesting and fighting this company , none of you did anything …

So basically you're not fighting anymore? Great, please leave now.
I’ve told you time and time again , and I’m tired of telling you why you should vote for this …

Then stop. Again, leave.

Our union membership is weak , you guys talk a good game , but in the years in which we had to get a new TA , PHX was the only station that asserted true union STRENGTH .

OK, first off a Union is only as strong as it's weakest member. And this post of yours shows that YOU are the weakest. Not PHX, YOU. And are you really so self centered to think that PHX is the only "active" station Union wise? WTF?!?!!? You've done rallys, great. But that isn't all there is to Unionism and strength. PHX is all about the money, always has been. I remember when they were negotiating the TWU CBA PHX leads felt they deserved $2/hour premium, but they didn't care if LAS leads got less.

In any merger with UNITED , hundreds possibly thousands of our fleet service brothers and sisters may lose their jobs , how many will fall to the 60 day rule I cannot say or guess …

No one on the TWU CBA will be affected, and most of the cuts (maybe all but I'm not totally up on Parkers business strategy) have already happened on the East side. Basically that means that the 60 day rules isn't relevant as long as we stay seperate, except for those who are gone on it now. And your blessed TA doesn't help them one bit.

Do you want me to keep going on with REALITY ? I shouldn’t have to keep telling you what’s obvious!

No, please stop. If I want to get nausous I'll eat some bad seafood or something.

So basically you're not fighting anymore? Great, please leave now.

No one on the TWU CBA will be affected, and most of the cuts (maybe all but I'm not totally up on Parkers business strategy) have already happened on the East side. Basically that means that the 60 day rules isn't relevant as long as we stay seperate, except for those who are gone on it now. And your blessed TA doesn't help them one bit.

This is an easy enough post , so i'll start with you first ....

:lol: .. no one in the TWU CBA wil be affected ? and most of the cutting is over and done with for east side ? i suppose the fact that united exited BK awhile ago means that their done cutting as well , and this whole merger to DOWNSIZE , will just involve planes and not people .... :lol:

wow PLEASEEE send me some of that ... whatever you on , i WANT it ... where did you buy it ? did you take it all at once ?

oh i should have been more specific , as for fighting , i should have said that i'm done fighting the COMPANY ... i'm not above fighting my own union , in fact as many of YOU have shown , it's the "right" thing to do ....

Status
Not open for further replies.