New F/A Announcement Book

Nothing is worse than the Delta announcements. It goes on and on and on. And, god forbid you get a flight where they use the safety video. That's even longer and horriby redundant.

"Place larger item in the overhead compartment and smaller item under the seat in front of you."
There are two mistakes here:
1.) "Overhead compartment" should be plural (how many overheads are there on each aircraft?).
2.) "Item" should be plural.
1. they should place their individual item in multiple overhead compartments?
2. They should only have one large item and one small item according to the rules. We know this isn't reality, but it is the way it is supposed to be.

Reactions: 1 person
Overall it's a cheap job handed off to the frontline employees. Listen, it will be a cold day in hell before you see people reading from it for the majority of their announcements. Come onboard and spank us cause it won't be happening. :p

1. they should place their individual item in multiple overhead compartments?
2. They should only have one large item and one small item according to the rules. We know this isn't reality, but it is the way it is supposed to be.
Both should be plural because we're speaking to a group of people, not an individual.
'

Overall it's a cheap job handed off to the frontline employees. Listen, it will be a cold day in hell before you see people reading from it for the majority of their announcements. Come onboard and spank us cause it won't be happening. :p

Although it is required that we read "verbatum" from that booklet, since it does not fit into a pocket (like the old booklet did), I have to properly stow it for take-off, taxi, and landing in my tote in an overhead or under a seat, or in a latched compartment. Many announcements are made from the jumpseat. Since my new "oversized" booklet is properly stowed, and since I am strapped into my jumpseat (as required) I cannot read from the booklet. Therefore, I have to do the best I can .... so, we're at status quo. Ex-Allegany will use those announcements, Ex-Piedmont will use thiers, Ex-PSA ditto, Ex-Eastern same, and so on .... (Oh, and Ex-America West, too)

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sorry but that book is beyond terrible. I tried my hardest to use it as we're suppose to but it just can't happen. There is so much wrong with that little book that I can't list them all. Most have been covered here in detail but until you actually HEAR it or you try to READ the damn thing over the PA you won't understand. You sound like a moron jumping from box to box to box. What on EARTH is up with the wording for the life vest demo? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? I will NEVER read from that book as long as it's printed as is. NO WAY! ! ! Oh yeah and FlyGuyBWI......you are 100% correct about stowing the book. We're not to be holding ANYTHING during taxi, takeoff and landing while in our jumpseat. Sorry but I gotta put the book away. :lol:

I want it! I do not know of ANY other US 121 carrier airline that mandates an announcement booklet. :angry: Go ahead, prove me wrong!

DAL also has a announcement booklet that has to be carried at all times and is FAA Mandated. Only difference is: DAL's was done correctly and is grammatically correct.

Reactions: 4 people
You will always have flight attendants out on the line that believe the way they operate is better than the company way of doing things. With that said I don't think reading from the book would be an issue if it were done properly. When you make a PA and you sound like a moron to a plane full of passengers you get this reaction from the group. I don't care what kind of FAA mandated book this is, NOBODY for the most part is going to read from it. They better put supervisors, ghost riders and observation riders on every single flight because the book is terrible and won't be followed. There are MANY things that are FAA mandated and well.........nevermind. Just fix the book and stop trying to reinvent the damn wheel. Oh and I have another little blip.....I can't WAIT to start using pink/salmon colored linens in Envoy. Lord have mercy. PINK/SALMON?????? :wacko:

I'm sorry but that book is beyond terrible. I tried my hardest to use it as we're suppose to but it just can't happen. There is so much wrong with that little book that I can't list them all. Most have been covered here in detail but until you actually HEAR it or you try to READ the damn thing over the PA you won't understand. You sound like a moron jumping from box to box to box. What on EARTH is up with the wording for the life vest demo? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? I will NEVER read from that book as long as it's printed as is. NO WAY! ! ! Oh yeah and FlyGuyBWI......you are 100% correct about stowing the book. We're not to be holding ANYTHING during taxi, takeoff and landing while in our jumpseat. Sorry but I gotta put the book away. :lol:

I suggest calling the FAA and pointing out the shortcomings of this new, "improved" manual. Specifically, let them know how it is impacting your ability to do the job you are LICENSED to do. File an ASAP form, just for grins, and wait for the oh-so-sincere boilerplate letter thanking you for your input (which will be promptly ignored.

The call to the FAA, though, will likely rattle some cages in the right location, i.e. Tempe.

There is an FAA whistleblower program if you want to remain anonymous. Well, supposedly anonymous.

.I can't WAIT to start using pink/salmon colored linens in Envoy. Lord have mercy. PINK/SALMON?????? :wacko:

Didn't you know? It's cuts down on the cost laundering the linens. Now we don't have to throw away linens stained by wine.
We just rinse and recycle.
In a press release today: Doug Parker was quoted: "We are excited about the new colors in ENVOY and are pleased to announce we will be granting bonuses to our executive management team for THEIR recycling initiatives" He later added "we are just doing OUR part to protect the environment...and to get paid".

Oh, did anybody else notice the level off announcement? We recognize everyone, sell every product (ours or not) BEFORE we even mention that PAX should keep their seatbelts fastened. Hello, can we at least TRY to maintain a semblance of safety being our number one concern?
On another note, Salmon/pink...really?

I suggest calling the FAA and pointing out the shortcomings of this new, "improved" manual. Specifically, let them know how it is impacting your ability to do the job you are LICENSED to do. File an ASAP form, just for grins, and wait for the oh-so-sincere boilerplate letter thanking you for your input (which will be promptly ignored.

The call to the FAA, though, will likely rattle some cages in the right location, i.e. Tempe.

There is an FAA whistleblower program if you want to remain anonymous. Well, supposedly anonymous.

Oh dear....that announcement book. Unfortunately, I think a group of flight attendants were put together to re-write this......ugh.

Flight attendants DID NOT have input on wording that book but if there WERE I'd sure as hell like to know who. Oh and yes it's true about the pink/salmon linens. Now picture it......fake wood walls, blue and white seats, grey carpet with speckles, blue fabric draped carts and f/a's in track suits and PINK LINENS. What on EARTH is up with that besides the "hiding red wine" story? It just never ends here. It's the little things that junk it up and make US come across as cheap. Oh well....... ok so on to important news.

GET READY TO HIT THE PAVEMENT AND HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD! ! ! ! !

Reactions: 2 people
You guys have to be kidding. You got new linens BEFORE Chinese New Year? Hey, maybe the new announcement booklet makes since after all. It is cleverly written for you to learn Chinese subliminally. That way, by the time you get airplanes capable of going there you all will be fluent and did not even realize it. That must be why coke sponsored it because that is a huge market for them! 47 Yuán qǐng

Latest posts