Non Rev policies after merger?

"At AA its first "check in" first serve. Boarding is not by seniority."

At US Airways
Boarding by date of
hire (year/month/day),
then check−in time

BOARDING PRIORITIES
The following describes the space available boarding priorities. A detailed boarding priority chart can
be found on the Direct Reference System (DRS).
Priorities Eligible Persons Boarding Method
SA1P
 Personal travel for active/retired employees (mainline
or wholly−owned subsidiaries) and their accompanying
eligible family members traveling on a Vacation
pass (SA1P pass) electronically credited in travel
profile. This does not include guest pass travelers or
family members traveling with working crew members
or with employees flying PS2B for company business.
 Pre−approved business travel for Union officials.
Boarding by date of
hire (year/month/day),
then check−in time
SA2P  Emergency travel for retired employees. Boarding by check−in
time.
SA3P
 Personal travel for active employees (mainline or
wholly−owned subsidiaries) and their accompanying
eligible family members and/or Guest Pass riders.
This includes eligible family/guest pass travelers
accompanying working crew members or
employees flying PS2B for company business.
Boarding by date of
hire (year/month/day),
then check−in time
SA4P
 Personal travel for retired employees and their
accompanying eligible family members and/or Guest
Pass riders.
 Unaccompanied eligible family members (spouse,
domestic partner dependents, registered guest,
parents) of active mainline or wholly owned subsidiary
employees.
 Employees on leave/furlough.
 Survivors under the survivor travel program.
Boarding by date of
hire (year/month/day),
then check−in time
SA5P
 Unaccompanied family members of retired employees.
 US Express non−wholly owned active or retired
employees flying on a US mainline flight.*
 Unaccompanied family members of employees on
leave/furlough.
Boarding by date of
hire (year/month/day),
then check−in time
SA6P
 Unaccompanied family members of non−wholly owned
US Express active or retired employees.
Boarding by date of
hire (year/month/day),
then check−in time
SA6O  Authorized OAL employees flying for company
business.
Boarding by time of
check in.
SA7P
 Unaccompanied Guest Pass travelers of mainline and
Express (wholly owned and non−wholly owned)
employees and retirees.
Boarding by time of
check in.

America West was by check-in time US Airways, DOH. The company will probably do a survery of what the employees prefer and I think the AA system will be used based on previous experience since AA will be the majority. That's how they did it when they decided the travel policy for US/HP.

I do believe that your DOH should be a factor when traveling NR. Going by check in time can get a bit complicated, especially if there are any computer issues of any sort.

I remember at EAL they had the time stamp machine. I like the seniority method better, providing you list at least 48 hours in advance.

I do believe that your DOH should be a factor when traveling NR. Going by check in time can get a bit complicated, especially if there are any computer issues of any sort.

Yeah,no.

Never had an issue on American going by check in time for boarding.I can tell you I have very unpleasant memories of getting yanked off TWA planes when someone with 1955 seniority (Or travelling on it) shows up at departure time and you get to walk past them on the jetbridge and hear stupid comments about how "Seniority made this possible" and "Someday you can do this too, but I'm getting on this plane.".

Come to the airport early and play the game like the rest of us.

I understand what you are saying, but things have changed a bit since then. At US nobody that shows up at dept time is getting on, and that includes revenue passengers as well. I can't see a race to the airport in order to be the first one checksed in. I have visions of people camping out the night before as they would for concerts tickets...

No, we can check in from home 24 hours in advance via Jetnet.No more 0 dark thirty treks to the airport.

Hell, there are even iphone and android apps for it.

This was the same case with pre merger America West. It went by time of check in and not by seniority which I believe is a better system. Nobody was camping out at the airport ect, as you could check in online either 14 or 24hrs (can't remember) prior to departure time.

No, we can check in from home 24 hours in advance via Jetnet.No more 0 dark thirty treks to the airport.

Hell, there are even iphone and android apps for it.
Ok, got it. I wasn't sure if that was the case or if you physically had to be at the airport.

Yeah,no.

Never had an issue on American going by check in time for boarding.I can tell you I have very unpleasant memories of getting yanked off TWA planes when someone with 1955 seniority (Or travelling on it) shows up at departure time and you get to walk past them on the jetbridge and hear stupid comments about how "Seniority made this possible" and "Someday you can do this too, but I'm getting on this plane.".

Come to the airport early and play the game like the rest of us.
Boarding should be by seniority, the way that everything else SHOULD be. If you are unhappy with your seniority, you should have applied for the job sooner.

Rogue.....

Boarding should be by seniority, the way that everything else SHOULD be. If you are unhappy with your seniority, you should have applied for the job sooner.

Rogue.....

Well I guess this is one item AA and US employees will be fighting over....wonder how many more will be on the list once the merger is actually announced! TWA all over again lol!!!!

Back