Sign or Resign AMFA cards

If you're unhappy with your current representative, then you should be signing right now.

The ban is from the ibt withdraw date and it looks at this point that the AA/US merger is nowhere close to completion. Sign your cards. The ibt has been exposed as frauds so they've removed themselves from any sort of contention, and you can file in under a year with no credible threat from those that interfered during the last attempt.

If you remain TWU or bow to the IAM-TWU alliance, it will only be because you chose to allow it to happen.

The situation remains. What are you the AA mechanics prepared to do?

If you're unhappy with your current representative, then you should be signing right now.

The ban is from the ibt withdraw date and it looks at this point that the AA/US merger is nowhere close to completion. Sign your cards. The ibt has been exposed as frauds so they've removed themselves from any sort of contention, and you can file in under a year with no credible threat from those that interfered during the last attempt.

If you remain TWU or bow to the IAM-TWU alliance, it will only be because you chose to allow it to happen.

The situation remains. What are you the AA mechanics prepared to do?

That is a good question. What are we willing to do?
We all need to be on the same page and support a AMFA drive. Unfortunately we have sheep among the ranks that still believe the TWU is the best choice. Some still support the IBT after that stunt they pulled. That is the problem here at AA. We can not all agree on AMFA.

That is a good question. What are we willing to do?
We all need to be on the same page and support a AMFA drive. Unfortunately we have sheep among the ranks that still believe the TWU is the best choice. Some still support the IBT after that stunt they pulled. That is the problem here at AA. We can not all agree on AMFA.

1AA

The question is what are YOU willing to do?

You must know the main organizers at the station you are at and also the past organizers, have you gone to them and asked what you can do or when they are planning to start gathering supporters to accomplish the task of getting cards signed?

Have you been chatting with your fellow workers and asked them if they would also help remove the TWU, or if that is even what they want.

This is what every AMT at AA should be doing, if they really want the TWU gone.

The AMFA drive will start again. What will the TWU and the company do this time? AMFA was not prepared for what happened, for that it is shame on them. We can listen to those who will bash and get nowhere. The question is how badly do we want a change? Each person has to ask that and get all the information to make a choice for what they believe in. If you want the TWU fine but don't give those of us who want a change a bunch of BS. The facts are both Alaska and SWA have better benefits and pay than we do. They both have open negotiations we do not (no back door deals). They are able to vote out their representatives who were not appointed but voted in by the membership, we cannot. Those are facts. Now some will use the tired excuse that Alaska and SWA have work sent out. Last time I looked, AFW is closed withh 777 work going to China (a communist country paying slave labor wages) and our 757 work going out. If the company gets its way most of the Airbus work will never get to us, but to a contractor. We are at the bottom in most catagories in the industry, we are still making less money today than we were in 2003. That raise we just got will be eatan up with the increse in our medical. We lose again! All this has taken place on the watch of the TWU. We are going backwards. This is not a line or an overhaul issue this is a representation issue. If we are to go forward I believe we need a change in representation to go along with the change in management we are about to get.

Word out is that the resigning of AMFA cards has begun in Tulsa. So when do the rest of the line stations begin? As usual I will be doing my part in resigning cards. With the DOJ willing to drop its lawsuit if AA and USAir give up some slots we better get moving before things get moving really fast and we get caught with our pants down again. You know the company and the unions will try to fast track this merger and SCS application as soon as possible. August will be here before you know it, but the real question is what will be the status of the merger and SCS by August?

1AA said:
Word out is that the resigning of AMFA cards has begun in Tulsa. So when do the rest of the line stations begin? As usual I will be doing my part in resigning cards. With the DOJ willing to drop its lawsuit if AA and USAir give up some slots we better get moving before things get moving really fast and we get caught with our pants down again. You know the company and the unions will try to fast track this merger and SCS application as soon as possible. August will be here before you know it, but the real question is what will be the status of the merger and SCS by August?
Good to hear.  Keep it up guys.  This will be the last chance prior to the merger.  Good luck.  Hopefully no more fraud, forgeries, and collusion will interfere just to keep AMFA out,-  speaks volumes...

As we approach the holiday season not much has been said about how the card drive in Tulsa is going. The bottom people who will be affected by the layoff need to insure that they sign a card before they bump or take the layoff. Each member of our class and craft needs to take up this fight to remove th TWU. The Inlt. has put or plans to put the same type of leaders in place, the new TWU is NOT going to look out for us.

Tulsa we are waiting on you to give us a sign that you at the base want and are willing to say enough is enough. Time for you to sign an AMFA card.
Time to make a change that will effect our class and craft here at AA for the future.

Are you willing to let the TWU sell us down the river again. They want this Assoc. with the IAM. What will the IAM/TWU do then to your career?

Have a VOICE in what will be in our next contract and all of those to follow.

Time to stepup and help rid AA of the TWU. 

Have not heard a word out of Tulsa yet. Maybe this time they are going to keep things a bit more quiet to avoid another collusion with who knows who.

1AA said:
Have not heard a word out of Tulsa yet. Maybe this time they are going to keep things a bit more quiet to avoid another collusion with who knows who.

Keeping it quiet will only help the TWU to remain in Power.

The TWU supporters will say that the AMFA organizers are scared, or maybe even come up with some other bs.
DO the Tulsa men/woman want the TWU gone or NOT?  If they feel that the TWU is going to change and look out for them
then its time for us all to know this.

Either we are going to be of one mind (base & Line) and say that the TWU must go.
Other wise the Class and Craft idea here at AA is Dead, and it is going to take all of us to be involved not just the same few.

If we bring AMFA here to AA, we the employees of AA will have the voting power to change what ever the TWU supporters say is wrong with AMFA.
We will also be able to change the leadership if we feel it is not in the best interest of the membership.
We will also bring a large amount of money to AMFA to use to better our class and craft in the industry. $7.2mil in dues each yr.

We will also break the cycle of TWU scamming and collusion with the company. We will also seperate ourselves from the rest of the industrial union
members who don't support us. Bus/rail/ect...

You can attend negotiations as the NEC travels to cities around our system.
Not just send the Pres. or what ever TWU memeber the Intl. sees fit to go.

It is time for Tulsa to be screaming to remove the TWU, so that we can send a msg that we have had Enough.
The ball was rolling along there in Tulsa, until the IBT filed.  We now have seen how the TWU/IBT have failed so now its time to
as you say.  Sign an AMFA card and rid our class and craft of the TWU.

I like the way AMFA is run.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

If we bring AMFA here to AA, we the employees of AA will have the voting power to change what ever the TWU supporters say is wrong with AMFA.
TWU supporters are the last people on earth I would want to decide how my union is run.

How about you just sell AMFA on what it is, like you have done before and in the rest of your post.

You shouldn't have to play both sides of the fence to bring the fresh air of AMFA to AA.

WNMECH said:
I like the way AMFA is run.

TWU supporters are the last people on earth I would want to decide how my union is run.

How about you just sell AMFA on what it is, like you have done before and in the rest of your post.

You shouldn't have to play both sides of the fence to bring the fresh air of AMFA to AA.
WNMECH

I too like how AMFA is run, even you guys made a change because you did not like the way things were being done. Jack/Floyd were voted out of office. The Democratic process worked didn't it.

WE here at AA don't have that luxury, the TWU does what it wants. You and SWAMT make comments here about how things are at SW. Not too many comments from Alaska mechanics. But it is a fact that if you don't like something you can change it.

You may not want to hear it but it is a fact, am I right YES/NO? That is the way AMFA is set up. WE the AA amt's don't know how things will be with AMFA until we bring the union here. But it is the membership who runs a union, or it is supposed to be.
Isn't that why you got rid of the IBT at SWA. That is why we want the TWU gone they are scammers and are corrupt. They support the company more than its members.

We will bring so much money to AMFA so that amfa will have power to help our class & craft and make the changes to maybe reverse some of the things the industrial unions have given back to the airlines. ( Holidays - Work - sicktime - vacation ).

You may be scared that AA and or United will change the way things are done at AMFA because of the size (amfa/swa) is, but it could be a positive thing for you and all of us in the industry.

I wouldn't replace AMFA with any other existing union out there. AMFA is mechanics running a mechanics union. Just like the pilots union is ran by pilots. Just like the F/A's union's (most, not ours) is ran by F/A's. IMO there is no need to ever replace AMFA because AMFA's by-laws are member friendly not National friendly. Every single officer or member within AMFA, including down to committee members can all be replaced if need be. With all the other "industrial" unions you must replace the entire union just to replace certain leaders. Very happy with AMFA...

Word is today the DOJ settled with AMR and USAir on the Anti trust lawsuit. AA said it will complete the merger next month. After that comes the SCS application. OK boys lets decide NOW do we put together another AMFA drive now or or just sit back and let the TWU/IAM alliance dictate to us how they will control our craft? This will be the last chance to get rid of the TWU. No more shots at it. It's NOW or Never!

AMFAinMIAMI said:
WNMECH

I too like how AMFA is run, even you guys made a change because you did not like the way things were being done. Jack/Floyd were voted out of office. The Democratic process worked didn't it.

WE here at AA don't have that luxury, the TWU does what it wants. You and SWAMT make comments here about how things are at SW. Not too many comments from Alaska mechanics. But it is a fact that if you don't like something you can change it.

You may not want to hear it but it is a fact, am I right YES/NO? That is the way AMFA is set up. WE the AA amt's don't know how things will be with AMFA until we bring the union here. But it is the membership who runs a union, or it is supposed to be.
Isn't that why you got rid of the IBT at SWA. That is why we want the TWU gone they are scammers and are corrupt. They support the company more than its members.

We will bring so much money to AMFA so that amfa will have power to help our class & craft and make the changes to maybe reverse some of the things the industrial unions have given back to the airlines. ( Holidays - Work - sicktime - vacation ).

You may be scared that AA and or United will change the way things are done at AMFA because of the size (amfa/swa) is, but it could be a positive thing for you and all of us in the industry.
I agree with all of that and I have seen that you know very well how AMFA works.
You always explain the benefits we have being able to control our own business under AMFA.

However, this statement raises question.

" we the employees of AA will have the voting power to change what ever the TWU supporters say is wrong with AMFA."

What are these things that TWU supporters would want to change, and how much damage could they do to the structure of the best AMT union in the country?

What things are you willing to sacrifice about AMFA, to get the votes of TWU supporters?

Back