Sign or Resign AMFA cards

TRAVIS said:
AA employees pension is frozen, and US has an IAM pension, THE TWU is not in the pension biz YET, and neither is AMFA.

So voting in AMFA will NOT effext the pension of the AA employees.

The IAM/TWU when we merge want to manage the pension I heard,  once the Assoc. is put in place.
You should be saying don't vote for the Assoc. to save our pension.

AMFA@AA in 2014

The TWU will not manage the IAM pension, the IAM doesnt even manage it.

It is a separate entity managed by a board made up of IAM and Company reps, who appoint a trustee to oversee the IAMNPF.

The alliance agreement opens up the pension to the TWU if it can be negotiated for them, but only for TWU employees at AA.

I see 700UW is back,  I said the assoc. wants to manage the pension not the TWU.
The IAM/TWU will work together in this new venture of this assoc. thought of by the AFL-CIO

I said that I heard that the assoc. want to get involved. If That happens it means the TWU will have some
members involved. And when the all knowing 700UW says its made up of IAM/MGT people it is run in some way by the IAM.

Just like the IBT says it's pension is seperate but you must be a teamster to belong and it also has Teamster members involved
with control of the pension. ( NOT Seperate )

Just remember 700UW is no longer involved with the airlines or the IAM.

But this has nothing to do with the signing of AMFA cards here at AA. It does just say that AMFA and the TWU
at this point have nothing to do with pensions.  So it won't effect our AA pension should we remove the TWU.

AMFA@AA in 2014

The association will NOT manage the pension, the IAMNPF is a separate entity, and is run by a Director voted on by the IAM and Company members on the IAMNPF's board.

Go read the web page, and you dont know what I am afflicted with, see you soon when the campaign starts for the Alliance, I will take the time to come to MIA.

The alliance agreements says, the IAM will negotiate with the new AA to allow the TWU members at AA to join the pension.

So why are you posting misinformation?

The IAMNPF even has some IBT members from UPS in it, as they are members of the coordinated bargaining unit.

http://mypension.iamnpf.org/about-us/fund-director-and-staff.aspx

http://mypension.iamnpf.org/about-us/trustees.aspx

Fund Director and Staff

The IAMNPF employs a Fund Director, Chief Operating Officer, Assistant Director, and office staff to maintain records, issue benefit payments and handle day-to-day administrative tasks.
Steve Sleigh serves as the Fund Director. He works closely with the Trustees to ensure the Fund meets all legal requirements and that plan participants receive the highest possible level of benefits.

Lori Lin-Murray serves as the Fund's Chief Operating Officer. Her job is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Fund Office. She also works with Fund consultants, legal counsel and accountants to coordinate the Fund's compliance with annual governmental reporting.

Jenny Yee serves as the Fund's Assistant Director. She works with the Fund Director on a variety of projects.

Hey 700UW

So you are saying that the IAM is going to let TWU memeber join and you actually think that the TWU will have no say in that plan at all.
Also That the TWU will not want to be part of the IAMNPF board, or allowed?
You think that TWU members are going to join a pension that is controlled by another union that they have no say in?

You your self even say that the IBT is on that board. Do they the IBT have as much say as the IAM members?

But again this has nothing to do with the signing of AMFA cards or YOUR almighty IAM.

I made the comment because your pal came here as well and made a statement saying voting for AMFA will cause a loss of pension.

With the TWU becomming part of this they will want a say in who is the director as well. So it won't be all your IAM folks.

Never said the ibt was on the board, do you have reading comprehension problems?

Go back and reread it and maybe you will understand it.

700UW said:
The TWU will not manage the IAM pension, the IAM doesnt even manage it.

It is a separate entity managed by a board made up of IAM and Company reps, who appoint a trustee to oversee the IAMNPF.

The alliance agreement opens up the pension to the TWU if it can be negotiated for them, but only for TWU employees at AA.
Then we don't wanna hear later that voting in AMFA will cause the current IAM members to lose their pensions. The same goes for the TWU members.  We all know both the TWU and IAM will scream that voting in AMFA they will lose their pensions because everyone knows that will be the only thing people have to hold onto, and yet the TWU and the IAM will lower itself and threaten their members (as some already have used it) in order to try and keep them...

swamt said:
Then we don't wanna hear later that voting in AMFA will cause the current IAM members to lose their pensions. The same goes for the TWU members.  We all know both the TWU and IAM will scream that voting in AMFA they will lose their pensions because everyone knows that will be the only thing people have to hold onto, and yet the TWU and the IAM will lower itself and threaten their members (as some already have used it) in order to try and keep them...

ERISA would prevent loss of your pension. If I read the rules right you can't continue to participate in the IAMPF if you are not a member. So you would have accrued benefits up to the point you left.

Overspeed said:

ERISA would prevent loss of your pension. If I read the rules right you can't continue to participate in the IAMPF if you are not a member. So you would have accrued benefits up to the point you left.
With that being said, it still won't stop the fear mongering.
We will still here the US guys being told that they will lose their pension if the IAM is voted out.

Then they can get the money that would be sent to the IAM pension fund, to be contributed to 401k accounts where the employees can control it.

WN,

That would have to be negotiated, we have been through this at US with the IBT raid, if the IAM would lose certification, the company can keep the money, as there is nothing in the CBA that states where the money would go.

US/IAM fleet has specific language in case of the loss of the IAMNPF due to not being in the IAM any longer.

But all of you AMT's who are lawyers, accountants and actuaries know more than the people who run the fund.

700UW said:
WN,

That would have to be negotiated, we have been through this at US with the IBT raid, if the IAM would lose certification, the company can keep the money, as there is nothing in the CBA that states where the money would go.

US/IAM fleet has specific language in case of the loss of the IAMNPF due to not being in the IAM any longer.

But all of you AMT's who are lawyers, accountants and actuaries know more than the people who run the fund.
Yes it would have to be negotiated and the AA guys would not be getting any IAM pension without negotiations.

The new combined AA/US are not going to start paying into an IAM pension for AA TWU/IAM covered employees, out of the goodness of their hearts.

I would think a JCBA would be needed to put everyone on a level playing field.

I have never stated otherwise, go back and read my posts, I said the alliance agreement provides negotiations with the new AA to get the TWU represented employees in the the IAMNPF.

Latest posts

Back