US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the truth being it seems you have a distaste for P/T's. I'm not looking for anything myself. I just want to come to work and do my minimum hours and drop or VTO the rest of the days I don't need. If someone wants to pick up my extra days for more $$$ for them I'm more than glad too give em a few. And if nobody wants to pick up shifts then thats fine too.

I feel in the current contract a 60/40 split between F/T and P/T is just right.

It only benefits because of ones personal situation....as a group it has no benefit except to the company.......as using your situation as leverage>>>>>>

We can only get over the HUMP by removing the Hump itself...

Wn again has set the bar for Fleet. I believe we can obtain close to those goals. If you don't believe that then keep giving............

there won't be anymore giving or taking except what we decide between our work group and this company in the NOW ... there is no more later for us , this is our last contract ... i think if we have to go out , we should try to make life as easy and yet reasonable for all our people as we possibly can .

(also it would be nice if our union showed some sort of spark of life , some sort of leadership , stood for SOMETHING besides our work group , we are an orginzation , we have man power and we have contenital reach .... we should get involved in issues as a union that affect our country , we should speak up , protest , stand for something ..... but no , we will just sit here and wait to die quietly )

and I would like to work 160 hours in the beginning of the month and then take the rest off.....damn union!! guess I should have gone to flight school!! or read the contract before i voted! :eek:

and I would like to work 160 hours in the beginning of the month and then take the rest off.....damn union!! guess I should have gone to flight school!! or read the contract before i voted! :eek:

nah don't feel bad crushed , you made the right decsion ... if we hadn't voted this in, it's likely that we'd have nothing today and be out of bussiness by DEC 31st 2009 ... we will just have to do the best we can with what we have ...

I meant the truth being it seems you have a distaste for P/T's. I'm not looking for anything myself. I just want to come to work and do my minimum hours and drop or VTO the rest of the days I don't need. If someone wants to pick up my extra days for more $$$ for them I'm more than glad too give em a few. And if nobody wants to pick up shifts then thats fine too.

I feel in the current contract a 60/40 split between F/T and P/T is just right.

So what do you think the ratio is at the present time ? I can tell you in my station alone it's about 2 P/T for every F/T. Maybe someone knows what the sys ratio is at present?

there won't be anymore giving or taking except what we decide between our work group and this company in the NOW ... there is no more later for us , this is our last contract ... i think if we have to go out , we should try to make life as easy and yet reasonable for all our people as we possibly can .

(also it would be nice if our union showed some sort of spark of life , some sort of leadership , stood for SOMETHING besides our work group , we are an orginzation , we have man power and we have contenital reach .... we should get involved in issues as a union that affect our country , we should speak up , protest , stand for something ..... but no , we will just sit here and wait to die quietly )

Jeez......What the h*ll are you babbling about here.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

So what do you think the ratio is at the present time ? I can tell you in my station alone it's about 2 P/T for every F/T. Maybe someone knows what the sys ratio is at present?

I don't know the answer on that one. I can only say for phx it is 60% fulltime and 40% parttime ratio.

BM
Do you know the actual numbers for PHX? What I mean is how many F/T and how many P/T do you have there?

I'll ask scheduling on mon. for exact numbers when I go to work. I remember it being around 900-1000 fleet agents in 07.

I'll ask scheduling on mon. for exact numbers when I go to work. I remember it being around 900-1000 fleet agents in 07.
I reviewed the system senioirity list that came out January 30 and PHX had around 1060 total members. PHL was down to 1450, CLT was up to around 1200.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

BM,
this VTO PT/FT is a big deal. long before your day . Back in the early to mid 90's

the company decided to DOWNSIZE a very profitable HUB in BWI . so they decided to basically run

a hub using PT work. FURLOUGHED over HALF the FT . and used PT to open the station and close the station

and put the FT that were left on mid shifts. Don't think it could happen in PHX . it very well could with out

the right protection in our contract . PHX would be prime for such a schedule

sidenote: for all those OT folks out there . the company does look vto hours when deciding if they will cover
OT lines. CLT alone very rarely gets a full 8 hr line on PM's You know why because everyone
VTOS between 2200-2300 hrs . SO why should the company offer a full 8 hrs.

times that over a week a month a year and you would be able to trim alot of fat .

Status
Not open for further replies.