460 FA's Recalled

Let's go over the things TWAers got..

1. Maximum AA sick time accrual REGARDLESS of TWA sick at time of purchase.
2. TWA Company seniority for vacation bidding.
3. With respect to pension vesting, TWAers got the first year waiting period waived. So for the rest of us, we have to complete another year for retirement.
Not bad for people who until 4/10/01 never worKed ONE hour at AA.
The best part is AA is giving the TWAers service plaques counting their TWA time.
Aren't you TWAers ASHAMED to accept a 35 YEAR AMERICAN AIRLINES PLAQUE FROM A COMPANY YOU DESPISE SO MUCH?

WOULDN'T YOU FEEL BETTER IN ACCEPTING AN AA 6 YEAR PLAQUE + WHATEVER TWA PLAQUE?

Re: sick leave...we came with what we had at TWA, no more no less. Many continued to accrue from 2001 to July of 2003. We were penalized for time off we were allowed that fit into your PO category and that actually put many of our good f/as in the attendance program. I left with 3 hours. lol
We came in vested. This was a decision that was made by AA mangt. We only receive (from AA) what we earn in retirement, no extras. I flew 35 years and did not receive a 35 year plaque or retirement present from AA. I just retired. No fanfare, no acknowledgment of a lifetime of service. "go quietly into that good night".
Don Carty called the acquisition a merger. Assets are acquired and then merged. This was a carefully planned financial dance. The BK was orchestrated to give AA the best advantage. So be it.

Nope, I will continue to post here when I see fit; if you TWAers don't like it then too bad; this is after all, the AA forum, not the TWA forum. With that said, I DO have my facts straight; you need to get yours straight. First, you say they get benefits from TWA and not AA. Then in the very next sentence you contradict yourself by stating that they would get benefits from AA for time served. After working considerably less time at AA than at TWA, ex-TWA rampers will receive MORE from the AA pension plan than they receive from the TWA plan. I am confident the same applies to all other work groups as well.

Post as much hate as you like, that seems to be all you are capable of. Obviously you don't give a damn how your
your coworkers might be effected by your poisonous attitude. And you are just flat wrong about the retirement benefits of ex-TWA flight attendents. Yje TWA F/As get a TWA retirement from the PBGC for the time they worked at TWA. They will get an AA retirement for the time they worked at AA. At the moment if a TWA F/A were to retire s/he gets about $75 to 100 per month. You look pretty ignorant by defending facts that are not true but that is how hateful folks keep their hate alive.

What's the matter? Can't handle the truth?

What the TWA folks have been through has made us a very tight-knit group; bombings, hijackings, explosions, bankruptcies, strikes, pay cuts, mergers, acquisitions, and furloughs.

Most of which I don't think you would survive.

God Bless You
!

BTW, my friend, We're Baaaack!!!!

I am a Flight Attendant. I am very Proud to be one just like you. In my job I have never experienced any thing that the TWA F/As now AA flight attendants that were furloughed have gone though. In my personal life, well that is a different story and one that will stay private. The first week Reno came on the line, alot were very bitter. You could tell by the NS that you were getting ready to work with maybe a very unhappy person. On the NS is the employee number Reno starts with 57. Air Cal is 10 and 11. You have a 6 digit employee number. Back to my story. Both sides did not know at first just how the other person was going to act, but I found if you just wait, don't bring up the elephant in the room and do your job by the end of that trip you just might have a new friend, some one you would really like to fly with again. On both sides there are mean and nasty flight attendants that just love to try to make the trip hell. The good thing is you will never have to fly with them again if you don't want to. There are so many ways to not fly with them. I am a flight attendant with AA and on the line that is what I see. Not Air Cal, Not Reno, Not Eastern, Not Branif, We are all AA. Its a choice to see things this way. Its great when you get two Reno or Air Cal and they talk about how it was . You can feel there pride when they were with there old company, like a pair of really good shoes that they still have but there in the back of the closet to put on any time they want. You can see there pride when they work with you on the cart. You can feel there warm as a person when there telling you something that happened in there life. WE are ALL flight attendants. WE were all Flight Attendants when 9/11 hit. When the new recalled flight attendants come back on the line. I choose to see a co worker coming to work to do the same long hard fun NO sleep job that WE will both be doing together tell it is done. If that co worker choose to be nasty and mean, then I wish you well and I wont see you again. I am one of the 27 F/A that is suing to get are old contract back. Its all 50/50. If any of you want to know what is going on with this case you can go to Pacer.psc.uscourts.gov and all of the case is there. AA, APFA, TWA all of it the hole case start to almost finished . We wont know anything on the class action for a few more months or maybe next year. Funny thing the court system you just never know what they might do. I am hopeful we will become a class action and get are contract back and then there are some out there that think we are nuts. The thing is we ALL have the right to try. We all were given free will and we could stop trying to fight in a open form over something none of us have any control over, but then again its all about choice. Please dont point out my spelling or grammar it is what it is. If you dont like my long story sorry just felt like saying something. I never post I am a reader. If you would like to go to two other great sites for company info just for AA F/As. There is aafa4m.com and newapfa both are very good for better news then APFA. The day before they announced the recalls, it was posted at the aafa4m first as this might be a rumor and then the next day it was announced we were recalling 460 F/As. OK I am done. See you on the line LAX-D

I am a Flight Attendant. I am very Proud to be one just like you. In my job I have never experienced any thing that the TWA F/As now AA flight attendants that were furloughed have gone though. In my personal life, well that is a different story and one that will stay private. The first week Reno came on the line, alot were very bitter. You could tell by the NS that you were getting ready to work with maybe a very unhappy person. On the NS is the employee number Reno starts with 57. Air Cal is 10 and 11. You have a 6 digit employee number. Back to my story. Both sides did not know at first just how the other person was going to act, but I found if you just wait, don't bring up the elephant in the room and do your job by the end of that trip you just might have a new friend, some one you would really like to fly with again. On both sides there are mean and nasty flight attendants that just love to try to make the trip hell. The good thing is you will never have to fly with them again if you don't want to. There are so many ways to not fly with them. I am a flight attendant with AA and on the line that is what I see. Not Air Cal, Not Reno, Not Eastern, Not Branif, We are all AA. Its a choice to see things this way. Its great when you get two Reno or Air Cal and they talk about how it was . You can feel there pride when they were with there old company, like a pair of really good shoes that they still have but there in the back of the closet to put on any time they want. You can see there pride when they work with you on the cart. You can feel there warm as a person when there telling you something that happened in there life. WE are ALL flight attendants. WE were all Flight Attendants when 9/11 hit. When the new recalled flight attendants come back on the line. I choose to see a co worker coming to work to do the same long hard fun NO sleep job that WE will both be doing together tell it is done. If that co worker choose to be nasty and mean, then I wish you well and I wont see you again. I am one of the 27 F/A that is suing to get are old contract back. Its all 50/50. If any of you want to know what is going on with this case you can go to Pacer.psc.uscourts.gov and all of the case is there. AA, APFA, TWA all of it the hole case start to almost finished . We wont know anything on the class action for a few more months or maybe next year. Funny thing the court system you just never know what they might do. I am hopeful we will become a class action and get are contract back and then there are some out there that think we are nuts. The thing is we ALL have the right to try. We all were given free will and we could stop trying to fight in a open form over something none of us have any control over, but then again its all about choice. Please dont point out my spelling or grammar it is what it is. If you dont like my long story sorry just felt like saying something. I never post I am a reader. If you would like to go to two other great sites for company info just for AA F/As. There is aafa4m.com and newapfa both are very good for better news then APFA. The day before they announced the recalls, it was posted at the aafa4m first as this might be a rumor and then the next day it was announced we were recalling 460 F/As. OK I am done. See you on the line LAX-D

Beautifully said, thank you.

What the TWA folks have been through has made us a very tight-knit group; bombings, hijackings, explosions, bankruptcies, strikes, pay cuts, mergers, acquisitions, and furloughs.

Most of which I don't think you would survive.

God Bless You
!

BTW, my friend, We're Baaaack!!!!
BTW we have gone through most of those things as well. We are still here, and stronger than before.

BTW we have gone through most of those things as well. We are still here, and stronger than before.

And will become even stronger with the recall of your furloughed peers... Vote for Dixie Daniels for the domestic negotiating team.

FAAA,

Do you support extension of recall rights, and the Allegheny-Mohawk provisions? Hmmmm????

And, bear in mind that some people don't bother adding their names to the list until a transfer is announced. When the transfer of 15 f/as to DFW was announced for an effective date of 01JUN07, I was about 245 on the list. When the closing date arrived and the transfers were pulled, I had slipped to 273 on the list. BTW, only 10 of the 15 f/as accepted the transfer. The most JUNIOR f/a accepting the transfer effective 01JUN had 20 years on 03JUN.

That is the most ridiculous thing. Certain people say they are trying to change this in the future for domestic AND international transfers. The rumor is that base transfers will be mandatory acceptance if your name is on the list and that they will not allow mutual transfers out of seniority order. This would mean the opportunity to pay for an intl transfer may go by the wayside. I'm not sure how I feel about that, as one who paid out of seniority order.

The good news for the most junior AAFA's is that if they are in, or transfer to, LGA and ORD those reserve lists will drop significantly when the furloughs come back. Having new people around who are 1/1 on reserve as opposed to 1/3 will be great. The problem, though, is that it may take a while for junior people to realize this benefit because I am sure many senior people will either resign international or transfer from other bases to get this benefit. Those FA's who need time off for other jobs, go to school, or just want to be at home, like to transfer into bases that afford them the opportunity to NOT be on reserve at all.

I just can't wait to see more movement around the system once again and to see more people on the roster.

The good news for the most junior AAFA's is that if they are in, or transfer to, LGA and ORD those reserve lists will drop significantly when the furloughs come back. Having new people around who are 1/1 on reserve as opposed to 1/3 will be great.
That will have to wait for newhires off the street, since all us recalls are in the 1 on 3 off bracket.

MK

That will have to wait for newhires off the street, since all us recalls are in the 1 on 3 off bracket.

MK

Did you guys all complete 3? I guess so, huh? What was your seniority date 4/10/00? Even so, having people at the bottom will help the stagnant pool. Maybe not as well as 1/1 but still helpful. Nothing will help me, however, unless we start calling everyone back and getting a zillion new routes......which ain't happening anytime soon.

Do you have a list of the real numbers? I have the old numbers but it doesn't include those on furlough who retired.

From what I can surmise, it would appear that all of the July '08 furloughs have somewhat of a shot of making it back but everyone else will probably lose their recall.