IAM Fleet Service topic (Mini Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
U. R. B.etween F.unny and F.allacious ( containing a fallacy; logically unsound )

Article XIII of your own bylaws.......ask that someone to read it to you at bedtime

Mikey Honey, I couldn't wait! I just had to dig right in! I read it, and it just doesn't cover this problem we have. I would love not to worry about that pesky east contract being so rudely forced on us. After reading that, I still worry. Sugar, this won't stop it. This clearly referes to contract ratifications that were negotiated. The company will argue that we westies are IAM and therefore this is our contract. We pay IAM dues and are represented by IAM, blah, blah, blah. I can hear those dreadful men now! I have a lot more thoughts on this but don't want to repeat myself. See my post to Timmy, I poured my heart out to him on this very thing. Thanks ever so much for trying to help! Very sweet of you! I love your urbff guesses! Keep them coming honey and I'll let you know when you get it!

I heard something strange today, but I don't know if it means anything, you know how rumors are. I heard that right now they need 1 3/4 an agent for the gates, but when they install card readers, the attrition rate will go down to 1/ 1/4 agents per gate. So does that mean they may be offering buyouts again? Just wondering.........

Freedom
Something very similar has happened to us old timers.

We had a group of rich guys (original US Air represented by the Teamsters)

Middle guys (Piedmont A-scale) If I remember correctlly with a 10 year top out.

and the poor (Piedmont B-scale) 15 year top out with a lot slower progression.

We had a vote on keeping union representation. The company put out this huge propaganda campaign telling us to trust them and they would take care of everything. We were a very young group of Rampers and didn't listen to what the old timers told us. I myself got a huge raise. I don't remember exactly how big it was but I was able to buy a house. We listened to what the company told us and voted against the union. It was the biggest mistake we ever made. Eventually we saw the error of our ways and had another push to get union representation. We had a vote between the IAM, Teamsters and the Steelworkers. This is how we ended up with the IAM. We were told to join the IAM that there was strength in numbers because M&R was IAM. I have no doubt in my mind that if we had listened to those old timers and kept the Teamsters we would not be in the position we are in now.

I know thats not the same situation but that is part of this old timers history. I was one of the poor.
It took us about 6 or so years to get a contract.

NIGHTMARES BLOODY NIGHTMARES,

thanks for memorys Joe.. after thousands of dollars spent on therapy ..YOU had to go there.. wheres the MM..

Hey guys and gals,had a chance to listen to MF on T/A issues in CLT today,if you are a yes vote or on the fence, you NEED to attend a info session and really listen and/or ask questions regarding all the facts,etc.....it may just open your eyes to what this may mean to you and your careers at this co. I saw alot of yes votes change their minds...STAND UP FOR WHATS FAIR AND JUST FOR FLEET SERVICE...

It's very simple,IF IT'S YOUR CAREER ,VOTE NO!!!!!IF YOU'RE IN IT FOR FAST MONEY,FIND ANOTHER CAREER!!

Urbff;

Hey honey I hope you like your shoes. Let me tell you something of the past, I know that your not old enough to remember the piedmont, psa and usless airways merger. So I will enlighten you once again. No matter what the vote is yes or no your life will be worse off. Trust me please I have been there honey. I have gone from having a year and half time with the company with fri-sat off day shift full-time to twenty years part_time fri-sat off so i can keep day shift. There is going to be lay off's like it or not. When we can transfer to your station we will. Just as PSA transfered to mine. Time is power honey.

I need more money I can't make ends meet. Just as I you will make a life around your new found fortune and find that it is not enough. Please listen, if your different then me then put your raise in the bank, for that is all your getting for a long time, gas will raise, food will raise and your shoe's will raise and you will still be making the same thing for many years. It will be great at first, but you have no living wage. So things will pass you by. No living wage so don't wear out those shoes honey.

Know the past and predict the future!!

Middle guys (Piedmont A-scale) If I remember correctlly with a 10 year top out.

I was one of these and I also thought installing the IAM as our union was the best alternative. Never having been a union employee, the Teamsters were a little over the top for me and the Steelworkers had no airline negotiating experience. I do not regret voting in the IAM as our union. I feel the airlines in general have been in a downward spiral since '92 and our bankruptcies have just exasperated the situation. The IAM has had little bargaining room since.

I am voting YES for the following reasons:

1.Voting no last time got us a worse T/A
2. I am opting for what I know to be fact which is what is spelled out in the T/A (not heresay on this board) and my expenses contuniue to rise.
3. Other posters insists we will have leverage with the CIC language when we all know that the company knows this language is garbage. The language just isn't strong enough. The day the courts side with the IAM and grant us wages of $26+ an hour will never come...it's a pipedream.
4. We have NO BARGAINING POWER. We cannot strike, and we have no arbitration ruling looming.

WE HAVE NO GOLDEN TICKET!!!

ATTN Fence sitters:

Read the above and tell me what is NOT true. Do the sure thing.

Mr. Bud, Don't sell youself short,,come on ,you/we can do better than $1.48 an hour raise and the other insults,hemmingway/canale/dougie seem to think we will take. HAVE SOME PRIDE AND B$LLS...

Whisperjett

Not short, I'm a "TALL BOY". Just haven't seen anything better in too many years. I actually look forward to the $1.48, more beer! All the other insults work out just fine for me!

As for the B's comment, if you had any, you'd not worry about those boys, and worry more about where your next meal comes from!

Status
Not open for further replies.