Non Rev policies after merger?

but you know what i realize ... the longer you work for this company , the less on average people tend to fly ...so really high senority isn't a huge threat ...

EXACTLY! When I was a new hire, I flew everywhere! I'd go to BOS for lunch. I even flew on other airlines to check things out. One day, I flew to MSP on US, down to MCI on Braniff, to STL on TWA and then back home on US. Doubt I'd ever do that again but it was fun then. :)

So those that have been through multiple bankruptcies and furloughs haven't sacrificed as much as someone who retired before those happened? The current pay rates have significantly less buying power than in the past. Don't get on a soapbox and tell us of your sacrifices when many of us have sacrificed as much, or more, over the course of our careers. When those of us that are here now retire, we should get bumped down the list and I will say the same thing when that happens.

I went through all of the pay cuts. The longer I worked there, the less I made. Had 8 weeks vacation and retired with 4. Retired with wed/thur off. I know what you have gone through and glad I left when I did. I treasure my years there and have many fond memories but there is life after! :)

AA boarding priority

. Through passengers are boarded before all local passengers with the same boarding priority, regardless of check-in time.

This means all connecting NRSA get on first before local boarding’s regardless on check-in time

It is against AA policy if you list and check in for more than one flight also if you have a dependant check you in for a flight. Doing both can have your pass privileges suspended. Per posting on the AA board

When I think about AA's policy, I get the feeling that all of the non-rev's listed on the flight are constantly hitting the refresh button and waiting to check-in 24 hrs. before the flight. Am I right about that?

By the way, the best system would be a mixture. US's pay policies (free domestic and int'l, $100 first class on int'l), and AA's check in (FCFS). Ideally, I think an airline should upgrade non revs to first or business if the seat is open. The employee kills themselves for the company, the seat is empty anyway, as long as they are dressed appropriately, throw their ass up there!

When I think about AA's policy, I get the feeling that all of the non-rev's listed on the flight are constantly hitting the refresh button and waiting to check-in 24 hrs. before the flight. Am I right about that?

By the way, the best system would be a mixture. US's pay policies (free domestic and int'l, $100 first class on int'l), and AA's check in (FCFS). Ideally, I think an airline should upgrade non revs to first or business if the seat is open. The employee kills themselves for the company, the seat is empty anyway, as long as they are dressed appropriately, throw their ass up there!
. That would be good as far as the upgrading comment. If we were Delta airlines it would be happening already. I had Delta upgrade me on two occasions without asking for it. First time the cabin was full. Second time coach was available. Delta employees know how to take care of their own as well as other airline employees. Americans boarding process works for me with cheaper fees like usair has.

Question about FCFS. If I live in ORD and want to board a flight to HNL, doesn't everyone who flies in from anywhere go ahead of me? Doesn't sound real fair to me if that's how it works.

Question about FCFS. If I live in ORD and want to board a flight to HNL, doesn't everyone who flies in from anywhere go ahead of me? Doesn't sound real fair to me if that's how it works.

Yep that is how it works. Not genuinely FCFS

The question is will the commuting flight crew working a flight inbound get the higher boarding code ahead of you

The non rev policy I want is one that gives me the highest possible boarding priority at the least expense.

Disagreement will not be tolerated.

The non rev policy I want is one that gives me the highest possible boarding priority at the least expense.

Disagreement will not be tolerated.

What you need is to be entitled to free, space positive first class personal and vacation travel the US Airways Good Old Boys Club

The "philosophy" behind that policy is that if you don't get on the flight, you can go home and try again tomorrow. People flying into ORD to catch the flight to HNL are stuck in the airport if they don't get on the flight. These fellow employees of yours then are faced with spending part of their vacation money for a hotel near ORD so they can try again the next day. Is that fair to people who don't live/work at a major hub station?

That doesn't sound very fair, especially with the no out/back policy if you're willing to do that from a hub to get on a flight. What if there are more nonrevs listed each day than seats open and you're the only one local. You could spend days not getting on just by shear number of connections even if you are more senior or willing to check in 24 hours ahead of flight time that might put you above some of the connecting customers. I don't work in a hub, but I can't imagine someone trying to get to Europe or South America where there could be lots of connections and you're stuck unless you go through another hub if possible to make a connection. That just seems weird.

Latest posts

Back