Non Rev policies after merger?

And if your Family Travels WithOUT the Employee, guess what... They get Screwed too boarding at a lower priority than any other employee traveling, just like a retiree that gave years of service to the Company.

Reactions: 1 person
On AA, family traveling with or without the actual employee does not result in a lower priority. When my husband travels without me he is the same priority as myself, the employee. My kids are older and buddy passes are the only options for them anyway.

Isn't employees getting to work more important than a retiree pleasure trip?

Employees who make the decision to commute should not penalize the ones that do not by using the same benefits the company offers. If you want to live in CA and commute to TX then so be it. But do not expect other employees to allow you special privileges in order to get to work on time. If I am running late for work is it right that I run every red light and stop sign to make it to work while others on the road have to obey the rules? We also have other employee groups that commute. What about them?
Should it be only flight crews that are allowed to jump the list? Non-Rev travel is a COMPANY BENEFIT not a right.

Reactions: 1 person
I love this...... Day one after the announcement and the fights have already started.

Let me just reiterate what I have said before... The company will combine the worst of both and give it to you. That is what they did with both the US and HP benefits - if you look at each of the benefits that each company offered side by side, you will notice that they took the lesser of both and combined it into one.

Folks that is what is going to happen - Years from now, when all of it is set in stone by the company, I am confident that I will be able to say: "told you so."

That is correct. US FA boarding by seniority is contractual.

I don't recall the east having language specifying SENIORITY in the contract for travel benefits - THEY DID HAVE IT THOUGH FOR JUMP SEATING.

On the other hand, AWA FA NON-REV boarding was contractual (although not well enough defined, it meant that the company could not change the benefits as established) one of many mistakes that AFA66 did - in not getting into nitty-gritty details about specific language. AWA had FCFS pre-merger. In the end of that fight about the vague AWA contract language, AFA66 (as usual) caved in and let itself be bought out by having the company offer a bunch of Upgrade certificates to all AWA F/As to make good for screwing AWA F/As over yet again....

UPDATE:

The EAST contract only states: Non-revenue travel benefits will be according to corporate policy. It says it like that all throughout the contract. So whoever said that it was seniority based on the F/A contract, either pulled it out of his/her imagination or was seriously misinformed.

The WEST contract states:

GENERAL

Q. PASSES
1. Flight Attendants and their eligible dependents shall be provided pass privileges in accordance with the current Company pass policy for on-line and interline travel.
2. The current Company policy as it relates to Flight Attendants and their eligible dependents shall not be reduced or discontinued during the life of the Agreement.

That is what AFA66 based its grievance against the company in.

From the CWA contract:

Article 8 – Seniority
A. Date of Hire Seniority is defined as continuous US Airways, Inc. service
in any department. Date of Hire Seniority is applied to:
a. Vacation accrual
b. boarding for on-line non-revenue space available travel