Non Rev policies after merger?

Neither AA or US have that kind of frequencies even to LHR AA gives too much to BA.

Really?

On a random date in July, 2013, there are four daily flights JFK-LHR, four daily ORD-LHR, three daily DFW-LHR, two daily MIA-LHR and one flight each RDU-LHR and LAX-LHR. That's 15 daily flights from the US to LHR on AA metal.

I guess that is exception, but we are still behind UA in FRA, (compared to AA in LHR) I still think AA allows BA too much of the share from the US to LHR. Maybe there is a reason but I don't know. Look at JFK-LHR as soon as we got the JB agreement we cut 2 of our frequencies and BA added 2 or 3? In MIA we have one BA has 3 last time I checked. Look at BOS -LHR. I hope we keep the US flights to Europe and add some. Anyway this is about the non rev boarding system. I was trying to explain why I use UA to Europe when UA does DOH vs FCFS there is a reason but its not because UA uses DOH for boarding! Geeez

Really?

On a random date in July, 2013, there are four daily flights JFK-LHR, four daily ORD-LHR, three daily DFW-LHR, two daily MIA-LHR and one flight each RDU-LHR and LAX-LHR. That's 15 daily flights from the US to LHR on AA metal.
also I was surprised when I realized this but did you know UA flies up to 15 flights a day to LHR and the SFO is a 747-4 and a few years ago one of the IAD LHR flts was a 747. And they have no connection hub there. I was at LHR a couple of years ago and saw a 747 and I checked their web site. I would not have believed it had I not checked. If you count AA and BA we are much bigger. Just another example of our previous mgmt incompetence. You would think we could do better then 1 767 to from the US to FRA, I know this is off topic but its amazing what is going on and AA keeps pulling out of markets, maybe now things will change, keeping my fingers crossed!

You would think we could do better then 1 767 to from the US to FRA, I know this is off topic but its amazing what is going on and AA keeps pulling out of markets, maybe now things will change, keeping my fingers crossed!

I was very surprised to hear that AA only has on 767 flight to FRA. I heard that last summer from an AA mechanic who is stationed in FRA. They were grateful to have US as a contract customer because AA would never keep them there for there one flight a day. US has 2/day off season, and 4/day in the summer. All A330s as of last summer.

But that level of service to FRA will likely go away after the merger once there is no Star Alliance connecting traffic. Would not surprise me to see 4/day to MAD instead. One FRA-PHL flight will likely survive, and maybe the CLT-FRA. It's unlikely that Lufthansa will continue MUC-CLT once the Star connections are gone in CLT, unless BMW, Siemens, and other German companies with a Carolina presence is subsidizing them.

I was very surprised to hear that AA only has on 767 flight to FRA. I heard that last summer from an AA mechanic who is stationed in FRA. They were grateful to have US as a contract customer because AA would never keep them there for there one flight a day. US has 2/day off season, and 4/day in the summer. All A330s as of last summer.

But that level of service to FRA will likely go away after the merger once there is no Star Alliance connecting traffic. Would not surprise me to see 4/day to MAD instead. One FRA-PHL flight will likely survive, and maybe the CLT-FRA. It's unlikely that Lufthansa will continue MUC-CLT once the Star connections are gone in CLT, unless BMW, Siemens, and other German companies with a Carolina presence is subsidizing them.

[font=Arial']Not my area of "any knowledge" but your reference to CLT in reference to STAR and Lufthansa is interesting. Nothing but a gut feeling, I feel domestic connections are probably ok, for at the least the short term in CLT. INTL flights..not so much. I don't see a real alternative domestically to CLT for the New AMR, but if I was the City I would be doing all I could to make things work there.[/font]

[font=Arial']It’s a terribly dumpy terminal, not even retro, just cheap and tattered. That would be my first suggestion, a full ramp up and remodel of A, B, and C. And somehow make Customs a little more user friendly (and again, I don't use Customs that much, other than Island trips.)[/font]

[font=Arial']Greeter[/font]

[font=Arial']Not my area of "any knowledge" but your reference to CLT in reference to STAR and Lufthansa is interesting. Nothing but a gut feeling, I feel domestic connections are probably ok, for at the least the short term in CLT. INTL flights..not so much. I don't see a real alternative domestically to CLT for the New AMR, but if I was the City I would be doing all I could to make things work there.[/font]

[font=Arial']It’s a terribly dumpy terminal, not even retro, just cheap and tattered. That would be my first suggestion, a full ramp up and remodel of A, B, and C. And somehow make Customs a little more user friendly (and again, I don't use Customs that much, other than Island trips.)[/font]

[font=Arial']Greeter[/font]

I don't get to CLT a lot except to pass through to the school house. But I don't think of CLT as dumpy at all. For the amount of connecting that goes on, I think it's pretty nicely laid out (fairly compact) and well maintained. What I don't like is the carpeted concourses. Wheeled luggage has made carpeting problematic. It makes lugging luggage a bit of a chore compared to a hard surface.

I agree that CLT customs needs a complete overhaul (including staff.) At least they have Global Entry now, but the line to turn in your declaration gets embarrassingly long, and whoa to the crew member who unwittingly goes to the front of THAT line...immediate "strip search" of your luggage. Most of the customs officers need to be reassigned to Nome, or Fairbanks. Maybe Guam.

But without a total redesign of the customs facilities in CLT, there is definitely a limitation on what can be realistically added to international flying through CLT.

yes its pretty sad, we had a ORD FRA until a couple of years ago. That was dropped. Then about the same time the DFW FRA went from a 777 to 767. I don't know why we can't make $ in Germany. The 3rd largest economy in the world. We are starting ORD DUS next month. Hopefully it works out, that is ABs hub I believe. I guess a lot depends on how AB works out.

yes its pretty sad, we had a ORD FRA until a couple of years ago. That was dropped. Then about the same time the DFW FRA went from a 777 to 767. I don't know why we can't make $ in Germany. The 3rd largest economy in the world. We are starting ORD DUS next month. Hopefully it works out, that is ABs hub I believe. I guess a lot depends on how AB works out.

Is AB in One World? If so, it will probably work well assuming the marketing department is on top of it.

That was only because that was what the majority (which was the east) wanted..Now guess what?? The tables will be turned...The majority will be on AA's side and they will want time of check-in as they currently have. Doug has even been on record stating that if he was starting a new airline he would rather have time of check-in for boarding priority.

The west US group will loosely support whatever American wants. Besides, the AA nonrev policy mirrors AWA.

The west US group will loosely support whatever American wants. Besides, the AA nonrev policy mirrors AWA.

I will "support" whatever Parker wants, especially since I have no say in the matter. But I am sure he will be glad "the West group" supports a policy he did away with. That's the ticket.

Greeter

so what you are syaing is that i had to be born a long time a go then.... i dont kno what ur DOH is but if it is 30+ or close to it thats not fair bc i am only 25 years old. so please tell me how i could get hired when my mom and dad were in high school?
Are you really that dense? Are you going to be stuck at 25 forever? If so, let us all in on your non aging secret. I was 25 once too, and on the bottom of the pile just as everyone was at one time. Lousy shift, crappy days off, no summer vac etc. Your claims of being at an unfair disadvantage because of when you were born vs someone else is just nuts. I would like to collect my SS benefits now too, but all of those darn people who were born before me are collecting it now, and there may not be any left for me when my time comes.

The thing I liked about seniority based non rev is, you knew where you were on the list before even leaving for the airport. It could save a trip to, and waiting at the airport all day when you had 10 people ahead of you and only 3 open seats.

I will go with whatever system we end up with, and adapt to it. I don't really travel a lot anyway, and can plan accordingly by being flexible as I have always been. This trippin dudes way of thinking is a bit absurd, as I have worked with people who started before I was born too. At the same time there were some youngsters that were born after I got hired, 3 generations so to speak all working together. That's just the way it is, and remember that not everyone took the job to day trip around the system. If someone with 30 years is going on vacation with their family, they should go ahead of you with your 4 years on a trip to nowhere. Put in your time just like we all have, and enjoy it as it comes to you.

Back